15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2013 12:21 AM by Chucky6661 RSS

Sniping and Dogs

renagaade

Sniping on this game must be a joke now because clearly a bullet to the chest doesn't get kills anymore and I get a hit marker which is b.s I don't care if this game is not realistic a sniper bullet is a one shot kill no matter what unless it's below the belt and seeing as I quick scope and hard scope I can tell you that when I hard scope and dead on the guys chest I should kill him as for quick scoping same thing I know were I'm aiming and were my bullet is hitting so when I get a hit marker hitting someone in the chest with chrome lined barrel on as well I get frustrated and it needs to be fixed one bullet chest and up with any sniper.

Second issue dogs what the hell is up with them they are the most OP kill streak I have ever seen. They come out of no were. Takes massive damage (even shot a dog 2 times with a sniper and it didn't even die) to kill them. There easy to get and there just to OP at least 70% or more people agree and the other 30% will say no because they use them and like being an ahole but w.e needs to be nerfed.

• Re: Sniping and Dogs
    illstplaya2live

Dogs aren't OP. It's just that everyone is using them because it the default assault streak. The dog is pretty bad. It only gets between 1-2 kills and it gets killed.

ANd if you think it's so OP  then why don't you use it yourself? Quit the whining.

SNipers are just fine. They kill like they should and they get hitmarkers when they should. You are just used to bo2 sniping which was extremely easy. Sniping is just fine. And if you think it's that bad then why do you continue to use the sniper rifles? If something isn't working for you then why would you keep using it. Seems like common sense

renagaade

I've been sniping sense Call Of Duty 4 and have never had this problem if you think the snipers are ok on this game then clearly you don't snipe or like snipers hit markers with a sniper and any sniper person will they you it's b.s and should not get a hit marker.

Dogs are O.P seeing as I shot a dogs twice with a sniper and it didn't die clearly b.s seeing as a player doesn't even take 2 shots with a sniper and that they can come out of no were and you don't even see it coming it's O.P you must be used to camping with them and not using a sniper and or like being killed by a sniper.

illstplaya2live

Actually I do snipe. I use the usr. You can check my stats with it if you want. But let me ask you this. Would you rather the sniping be like bo2 where it was a one hit kill with the dsr almost anywhere on the body? On top of that it had a fast ads in and out and it's hip fire wasn't bad either. The sniping in that game was very easy and the fact that you couldn't go prone fast enough to avoid the bullet made it worse.

At least in this game its a one hit kill from waist up unless you hit them in the hands or lower arms (depending on the sniper rifle). And in this game you can go prone reasonably fast (not as fast as it should be) so that helps as well. I'm happy with snipers in this game. There's game where I do great and cannot be stopped. And then I have games where I can't seem to get a kill. I like this. If it was the same way all the time whether it be always a one hit kill or always a hit marker then it would make sniping boring. You would either have everyone sniping and doing good or you would have no one sniping like in bo1.

I do agree that the dog takes a lot of bullets. For snipers it takes 3 hits as long as the dog hasn't already been hurt. But they really don't get that many kills. Think about it, maybe 1-2 kills, once in a while 3, very rarely 4. That's not a lot at all. It just so happens that everyone is using it because there's still a lot of new people who want to try it out and some people who don't want to spend the squad points to buy another streak. Less and less people will use it (except during Christmas when theres going to be a lot of new people).

renagaade

Yes I would like it to be one shot on kill with a bolt action sniper chest and above like I said anything below that I can see getting a hit marker but I ain't hitting below belt I'm aiming dead chest or head and getting hit markers which is b.s if I hit someone below belt fine I don't have a problem with that it when it's chest up that gets me frustrated and it's b.s.

It's not a one hit kill chest up that's why I made a post about it lol not only that another thing I found is you can be dead on holding your breath with a sniper and not even get a hit marker like your bullet missed which is also b.s in prone holding my breath and I shoot someone dead on and not even a hit marker that's more b.s on top of b.s. Sniping is the hardest thing to do in this game seeing as people run around using AR's and SMG's which is the perfect reason why all bolt actions should be one shot one kill as in if your a quick scope kind of guy like me up close you don't wanna get hit markers or else your dead. That's why all the time no matter what position your in one shot one kill chest up and head.

It's not even that it doesn't get many kills it's the fact that it's easily gotten and hard to kill unless it's called out or team is helping 5 kills is not that hard to get in which why it's so OP sense it takes massive damage and easy to get.

The_Dreaded

I disagree with your feelings about hit markers.  I was playing Dom on Stonehaven tonight.  I was over by C flag, and someone was standing behind the rubble by the castle gate.  The only thing I could see was their head and a bit of their shoulders.  I hard scoped right on their head and fired...... hit marker.  I was using the L115 w/ chrome barrel.  The L115 is deadly from the knees up, and the barrel adds even more damage.  If there was any consistency in this, that would have been a kill. 

ghamorra

I think there's a damage glitch on the L115 because I've hit people with the Chrome Barrel to the upper chest and killcam barely shows a pink tinted screen. I've heard others say this as well. Some games will be fine and I relish in the glory of being an unstoppable sniper but then I get those games where I'm doing null damage.

I have mixed feelings on Riley because it's such a unique streak but you're right. He can whip around a corner and kill you 20ft out. His low profile makes him nearly un-seeable on maps like with variant elevations. His range is the biggest issue. He kills you despite being 20ft (not an exaggeration) away. I've been killed by him up a flight of stairs.

scumbaggah

I noticed that last night too when using the L115. I was getting hit markers constantly even if i pin point aimed at their chest, I have been using that sniper since launch and had barely gotten any hitmarkers and all of a sudden i was getting 5-10 game. I even said in an earlier thread how easy osk were to get in this game, I was even looking at hotfix/patch notes to see if they nerfed it because it was that bad.

Riley is annoying when people corner camp with it (which is everyone who uses it) but it isn't overpowered, He takes as many bullets as an IMS or a satcom. What would be the point in using it if he we t down like a K9 unit doge?

ghamorra

scumbaggah wrote:

I noticed that last night too when using the L115. I was getting hit markers constantly even if i pin point aimed at their chest, I have been using that sniper since launch and had barely gotten any hitmarkers and all of a sudden i was getting 5-10 game. I even said in an earlier thread how easy osk were to get in this game, I was even looking at hotfix/patch notes to see if they nerfed it because it was that bad.

Everything you posted here.

I never got hitmarkers until two days ago. It being bolt action you really need to get a OHK or the target will just run away, if you don't get killed. I checked the hotfixes/patch notes but they weren't updated yet. I really think they did something.

TheYoloSwag

I've had no problem with snipers. I was using the Lynx today and was getting OSK's hitting them literally in the knee, and this is WITHOUT Chrome-Lined. I actually think that's a wee-bit too powerful, but I digress. Also the dogs are terrible if you'r rushing, if you're camping however especially in the two windows on Warhawk, they can be pretty annoying to deal with since the enemies are in such tight spaces. They're power is circumstantial I'd say.

immortalmindz

I've been using the L115 and have over a 1000 kills with it, i have hit people in the chest at point blank and not even registered a hit marker, to me its just hit and miss like everything else associated with this game. As for Riley i'd say it's more an annoyance than op and yes i do run the streak myself.

Chucky6661

Really? The dog is easy to kill, yeah one shot from a bolt action won't kill him but it will make him stay in the exact same spot until you put another in, and pistol do him over pretty easy, if u got a sniper with no pistol well good decision. I am unsure about the hit marker issue, there are enough people here who seem to be honest generally so I am forced to believe that this is happening, I pretty much always get OHKs, unless i try QSing, which I have no idea where the bullet went, or if using a suppressor and shooting over very high range

camjohn1

Unsilenced chorm lined L115. Direct shot to the chest, and it's a hit marker. It's been happening to me lately. It really doesn't make sense. If it's a hit, and it's at a decent range, more close than not, it should KILL. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Not when the game decides.

And OP, you DON'T AIM while quick scoping. That's the whole point. You bring up your scope and before you even look through it, you're firing...come on dude. you don't aim a quick scope.

Chucky6661

Really? I hate using the word but... Is it possible that lag is the cause for this? I use suppressor a nearly all the time and still get one hit chest kills with USR, maybe the chrome barrel is bugged?