32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 9:59 AM by starbuckfrack RSS

Why Im not buying a Season Pass

350X

I did this whole map pack thing with Black Ops II.

Sure it was a great deal, but with no way to control, which maps you play, its sort of a waste.

Ive paid for maps I never got to play, or got to play so rarely I forget I have them.

Im not gonna pre pay for maps Ill never see in MP.

There should be a master map list in your profile of the maps you want to play and not play online. And no not the squads HQ stuff, Im talking about MP online.Kinda un fair that were limited to the cheapest person in the room on which maps we play.

• Re: Why Im not buying a Season Pass
    Bielsalmighty

That wasn't the case until the end of BO2's lifecycle. And in any case, theres a DLC playlist after each map pack launches (though not for HC so if you are an HC player I feel your pain there)

EDIT: Anyway, I never buy the season pass in case I lose interest in the game. And tbh with Titanfall, Destiny and Fallout 4 lurking over the horizon, thats very likely to happen with this title...

350X

Didn't like those DLC playlist after each map pack launch either, because they don't last.

[ now maybe if each DLC got a playlist and it stayed forever]

like the 24/7 NukeTown they gave us then removed but for only bonus XP weekends.

I should be able to chose any single map and play it till its worn out like old jeans. I paid for it.

Bielsalmighty

And that would lead to lower player pops on certain maps. Is that fair to those who enjoy those maps? They paid too.

Sometimes, you just have to accept that other people play this game too, and are just as entitled as yourself.

However please dont assume I'm being rude from the tone of what I've said, I do actually see your point. On BO2 me and the guys I play with would quite often pop into custom games, set up a stupid STUPID class and have a giggle playing FFA with each other. The ability to set up lobbies like that and open them up to public matchmaking would be sweet as hell IMO.

Sledgehammer23248

they don't last, but i typically play them enough where i get sick of the maps and then go back to the original play list.

BamBoozeLLed

That got me screwed in Halo 4, bought the season pass, and only played the first one that was released. Totally lost interest after that point never even saw the other DLC. That was the last time I bought a SP.

rankismet

350X wrote:

I did this whole map pack thing with Black Ops II.

Sure it was a great deal, but with no way to control, which maps you play, its sort of a waste.

Ive paid for maps I never got to play, or got to play so rarely I forget I have them.

Im not gonna pre pay for maps Ill never see in MP.

There should be a master map list in your profile of the maps you want to play and not play online. And no not the squads HQ stuff, Im talking about MP online.Kinda un fair that were limited to the cheapest person in the room on which maps we play.

TBH, you're exercising you rights as a consumer to not buy a product... wish we had the option with the ACA.

I agree with your point although I have a season pass. I got the hardened edition which came with it (I truly wanted the silly bracelet) or I might have held off for the same reason.

MP Map DLC should be free and mandatory to avoid playlist fracturing. ATVI can make money with micro-transactions.

... but...

We may get fewer new DLC maps as a result.

otisman666

rankismet wrote:

TBH, you're exercising you rights as a consumer to not buy a product... wish we had the option with the ACA.

I agree with your point although I have a season pass. I got the hardened edition which came with it (I truly wanted the silly bracelet) or I might have held off for the same reason.

MP Map DLC should be free and mandatory to avoid playlist fracturing. ATVI can make money with micro-transactions.

... but...

But I am alright with the lower # of maps.  You have to admit, some of the DLC maps tend to be pretty crummy.

rankismet

otisman666 wrote:

rankismet wrote:

... but...

But I am alright with the lower # of maps.  You have to admit, some of the DLC maps tend to be pretty crummy.

So true... quality beats quantity...

... but I'm afraid if they don't do a lot... we'll just get fewer maps that still suck.

They seem to need volume to make a hit.

VanillaFlava

I agree with this point completely. I don't plan on buying the season pass for this game for the very same reason. Don't know think an online-multiplayer map pick function would work, but maybe keep a DLC only playlist open year round?

WKMMS

I got the season pass with BO2 also and There were definitely some maps in there that I wish weren't but, overall I was happy with what I got.  I would love to have the option to only play the maps I like, but the problem with implementing such a system would be severe fragmentation of the playlists which would create havoc with matchmaking.  I have 2 Xbox 360s, one just being the 4 gig slim.  I used an external drive for the DLCs but occasionally had a problem with the game not recognising one of the packs.  When that happened I used to have to wait really long to get put into a match.  The problem would be exponentially worse for some if we could just pick and choose which maps to play.

I tried upgrading to the Hardened edition when picking up my pre-order (Gamestop normally has plenty extra in reserve) but for some reason this year they didn't, so I left disappointed.  Turns out now that it was a bit of a lucky escape as I cannot see myself sticking this game out for the next 12 months with how it plays now.  There's still time for my opinion to be swayed, but if nothing changes in the next couple of months then I'll call it a day and take a break from CoD until Treyarch bring out their next effort.  

S1npermed1c

Where do i get my FRIGGIN money back this game is JUNK

nicedrewishfela

More maps are always better than less maps.

If I am still enjoying the game as it gets closer to DLC season, I will get the Map Packs.

People complain about the cost... but it is still one of the biggest entertainment values out there. Days of play time for less than $150 total investment. I'll take it.

iHattoriHanzo0

I think the reason the dlc maps in BO2 didn't get picked was because of the quality. And the fact that Hijacked and Standoff got picked every single freak'n time it was an option.

The most important feature in multi is maps. The more the merrier.

zrxd

In good faith I bought the season pass with my pre-order but I've ditched the game which makes me a mug for buying it in the first place. I'll pick it up again on occasion in the hope that it becomes playable for me eventually through updates but I'm not holding my breath.

milamber100

Same here, I got the season pass with the game too, and I'm quite disappointed with it.  I like the maps, but for a game made by IW it seems too much like BO for my liking.  Nothing like the MWs at all.

Sledgehammer23248

i disagree... i do nothing different on the games but for MW3 my kdr is 1.02... my kdr for MW2 was 1.01... my kdr for ghosts is 1.31... but for some reason on black ops it is 2.15???  ghost is definately a IW game more than black ops.  but i got the season pass for the first time only because this game is growing on me.  i had to suck it up through the launch and now it just depends on what lobby i'm in... sometimes i do well and others not so well.

zrxd

Ghosts has pissed me off to the point where I might have a thing in my head about it now. I realise this. However I've said in posts elsewhere that I'm an average skill level gamer and it's rare for me to have a + KD ratio but I don't care so long as the game is playable and I'm having fun with it. COD4, Blops1 and MW3 give me very little lag comp issues so I can be the average player having fun. That's all I want. As I've said before Ghosts for me is unplayable on account of the lag comp. Fix this issue, give me as level a playing field as possible and I'll be an average happy gamer.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

"Sure it was a great deal, but with no way to control, which maps you play, its sort of a waste....

Ive paid for maps I never got to play, or got to play so rarely I forget I have them."

I'd say the best solution is that if you stay in a lobby, the maps must cycle through every single one before any one is repeated.  No voting.

The playlist idea is interesting,  But then only the more popular maps would be played and it would skew the stats (remember people used to exclusively play Nuketown just to raise their SPM?)

350X

You can pad your stats all you want in Ghost, just play WarGame Recruit , its a walk in the park slaughter fest against bots with all the XP you could want. Unless your in a cross fire shot, the bots will let you slaughter them at will. No wonder so many ranked up so fast. Long as you have bonus XP time built up from offline squads play.

I end up there late night when I want to play but don't have the energy to try hard. Also a great way to explore maps n routes.

Though don't be fooled, it is random generated bots, even on recruit some of them "try hard" Ive seen them set up cross fire traps only pros do to camp sites complete with tent.........

NorcalBob

I think that is such a waste and another good reason why Ghosts is crap.   Kids getting XP by slaughtering Bots- unreal.  I mean these bots are really easy to kill they are out in open and moving to expose their back to you and play nothing like a Tryhard Cod Freak, with whom we should be playing.

But of Ghosts obvious flaws; Map Size, rubble and debris obscurring views on every map, TTK= Insta-Kill and 10 flank routes per position on each map, all ensure that you will continually fail.   So, to compensate players gravitate to Squads to shoot bots for XP- Really Pathetic.

Thank goodness for BO2.

NadeGoBoom
          Keeps some of the turds out of MP just trying to figure out how to filter the rest of the terrible kids. Last night was the first night in over a week I wasnt grouped with the worst of the worst and getting bent over and rammed from behind by full parties.  Im not buying season pass for alot of reasons but all the same I miss more solo game types which excludes parties and FFA is just a camp fest more then other CODs. Step 1 find camping spot . Step 2 get a dog . Step 3 go afk and let dog do all the work.
            rankismet

NadeGoBoom wrote:

Last night was the first night in over a week I wasnt grouped with the worst of the worst and getting bent over and rammed from behind by full parties. 

Ever consider making friends and rolling with you own full party?

Shocking concept, I know.

atiredoldguy

Personally, I never buy the season pass because I feel purchasing dlc is my sign of approbval AFTER I've played the game a while.... or even continually throught the year.

Sure its a bit more money to do it that way, but if I was to sit down and figure out what I could be earning in the time I'm playing, its a mere drop in the bucket.

As gfar as playing the ones you want...... just put the dlc on a flashdrive, or a few flashdrives even. Take the flashdrive out, you dont play those maps, plug it in and you do.

350X

Id consider the flash drive hokey pokey if I could corrupt or remove the map files I don't like.

So they are never playable, I can't be sent to them, they don't show up for vote nadda.

but that goes into hacking and TOS rules I wont break.

rsturp

this will be the first dlc i never get since Modern Warfare (cod 4) im already bored of this game and its only November, its too much like mw3 with support and camping style maps and the spawns are a pure joke

starbuckfrack

When the latest playlist came out with all (or none) of the maps in it that segregated the playlist into 16 different mapsets.

So having you choose which maps you would like in the game would right now segregate the players into around 2 to the eighth power subset of playlists. They can afford that many playlists.

After the MW3 DLC fiasco they ALL lost a chance for the season pass. The BF3 one was fine even if you still got the first map pack free. But the MW3 issue turned me away completely.

For example the Forza Horizon Season Pass STILL costs you more than if you bought the car packs by themselves.