11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 4:08 PM by SavageHam RSS

GHOSTS ON PC KEEPS CRASHING

teddy_bear

As the title say cod ghosts on PC keeps crashing on me. seems to be mainly when its loading a map. I have tried re installing the graphics card using driver sweeper to make sure no trace was there before installing and downloaded directly from Nvidia also. I also uninstalled the game and re installed it but it still crashes randomly but while loading a map.

I am running:-

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Processor: Intel i7 3930k 6 cores @ 4.5ghz

Ram: 32gb Ripjaws 1866

Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 @ 1.1GHZ 3005 MHZ MEM

Hard Drive: 2x 256gb OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

Monitor: 32" HDTV

Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa

Mouse: Razer Imperator (6400 dpi)

This game is starting to do my head in

also i've been playing for a while now and haven't seen the freefall map once? is there a special section for it like Nuketown on black ops 2 had at the begining?

Thanks in advance for any help

• Re: GHOSTS ON PC KEEPS CRASHING
    SavageHam

Hi teddy_bear,

Are you getting any particular error message when the game crashes? Your system is definitely above the minimum spec., have you checked the game is running on all cores of your processor? You can do that by opening the Windows' Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, find the Call of Duty exe and right click it. Select "Set Affinity" and make sure all cores are selected. In regards to the Free Fall map, currently it is only in rotation on the Moshpit playlist. Hopefully that helps, and keep us updated!

Thanks,

^AJ

Rosto money

Hello AJ,

My machine is not quite as good as the first one listed in this thread but I am running a GTX 770 with 12gb ram on an i7 processor.I have made sure that all of my processors are being used as you described but I am still freezing the map starts to load but it only seems to happen on every second or third map. Do you have any other ideas of what we can do?

thanks

Wayne

SavageHam

Hi Rosto money,

Thanks for providing that information. Have you also tried adjusting your graphics card settings to have the program always run on the graphics card? For Nvidia, on the Nvidia control panel and in the Manage 3D Settings, add the Call of Duty Ghosts program, and field number 2 should have a drop down to always enable the game to run on the video card. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

^AJ

teddy_bear

the only message is the standard windows "the game has stopped working" message, as with Rosto money its every 2nd or 3rd map that crashes and also using all cores

also i was just put in a lobby with people that normally have over 400 ping on UK servers as you can imagine did not go well lagging all over the place. an option to pick you max ping would be a great idea!

SavageHam

Hello teddy_bear,

Can you try adjusting the settings on your graphics card? Open the Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, and add the Exe file for Call of Duty Ghosts, the drop down in field 2 should allow you to always enable the graphics card. It may also help to turn the graphics settings in game to low, and ramp it back up slowly.

Thanks,

^AJ

teddy_bear

i'm sorry i did not pay £700 on a graphics card so i have to turn the settings down, it plays all the other games i own on maxed out settings, it is way above the recommended and doing the above just uses the same settings anyway says use global settings.

Saint070

Same here can't play 2 map on a roll everytime its crashed.

This is what you from a game that does not really support pc and is a consol game

Saint070

Oke a clanmember did this and it worked for me so do this:

go to advanced video and in the bottom you see dynamic fur put this off and physx turbulence off.

That worked for me.

teddy_bear

Thank you, its early days as yet but this seems to have helped. SavageHam maybe you could put this forward and then maybe it will get fixed, i have managed 5 consecutive games with out crashing this morning, this was unheard of yesterday!

SavageHam

Hi there teddy_bear,

I am happy to hear you aren't running into the issue anymore! Thanks Saint070, I'll definitely take note of this and hopefully it can help others in the future. If you have any other issue in the future, feel free to ask!

Thanks,

^AJ