39 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 1:33 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

What can Wii do?

Dazan3O3

Howdy Forum ^^

My name is Dazran303, some of you may know me from youtube and others may not.

I have a problem. I am a frequent CoD Ghosts user. I sometimes do it for too long, some nights can be sleepless. My left hand does a claw shape from gripping the nunchuck too tightly, it's like I'm trying to imitate a Lego man, but anyway!

I am mostly playing Team Death Match. TDM is a mode where there is usually over 600+ people. Sadly my desired mode "Kill Confirmed" always has 0 >.<

I noticed many people screamed for Search & Destroy to make a return... a gamemode which also shares the big 0 (amount of players)

My question is this.

What can You, me, "We" do as a community to drive more players to Call of Duty Ghosts on the Nintendo WiiU.

What can we do, to increase the number from 1,500+ players (Call of Duty Ghosts WiiU) to 20,000 players online (Call of Duty Black Ops Wii)

With more players, we might have more diversity in game modes. TDM & Domination are about the most played modes atm, with a few others getting up to about 60 players (Cranked, Search & Rescue)

Should we log in to Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and demand people to play Ghosts on WiiU.

What could we do on the Youtube side?

As easy as it is to complain about the lack of players and to leave for a different system, how about we do something with that negative energy and fight for our community with it?

Feel free to post ideas here, I will be trying my best to spread the word about Ghosts via Youtube etc.

Maybe I can try and get on Machinima Respawn again and cover some points with the people who don't know about WiiU & CoD Ghosts.

I am pretty pumped for this game as the Wiimote controls from the Wii days are back. The game runs quite well for me (with some console/game freezing issues here and there)

I think the player count looks a bit unhealthy atm but could well change come Christmas (maybe 3K 4K+)

But anyway! What do you think can be done, by us, the people, the CoD Ghosts WiiU Community?

• Re: What can Wii do?
    WiimotesRus02

I'm probably going to come across to you as a troll, but this is just my opinion. For most people, including myself, the game doesn't work as well as it does for you, and its not our job as players to do the work of a multi million pound corporation, and personally I wouldn't advise any one to buy a game which only works for a few people, I don't want to make up the numbers for those who have it good, I want a fair game, where skill is involved and not good connection. Also in my opinion people are getting the same idea, otherwise people like you wouldn't have to make threads like this. Last week, I saw a total of 159 people online, at a time where in bo2 1500 would be on, and a total of 4 people waiting for a game in hctdm. At a later time when more people come online, its the same people day after day, and some of those have quit. The only fair thing to do is pressure the makers to fix this mess of a game first, then you might see people recommending ghosts and see a number rise. I personally would feel I was cheating people if I said this game is good and they should buy it, and until I see more positive feed back from the makers/devs, honest answers etc, I'm not going to do anything to help them. If you think I'm exaggerating, just look at all the threads in here, its complaint after complaint. Sorry, just my opinion like I said..

Incredible_Mr

I have to agree with you. This game is a complete mess, from start to finish, there isnt 1 aspect I enjoy. If like Pauly, and me, your connection screws you, the game is simply unplayable and thats without all the BS included in the game. I have no hunger to play this game at all, nearly 2 weeks since I last played, and I wont be back. Im only here now thru sheer boredom as im off work.

European players play TDM, thats it. The older guys play HCTDM, and a few brave souls play dom. Americans play diff modes, and thats great (if your american), but as a UK player, being about 2 secs behind and losing EVERY single gunfight on a US host, its just silly to even play the game at all. Id rather play Mario/Rayman/Sonic, and enjoy myself.

IMVHO this game has taken cod back to the beginning, and I actually prefer WAW with 4v4, and about 3 game modes. Treyarch do a way better job than IW ,Reflex sucked, MW3 was awful, and Ghosts is simply tragic.

GamebroCrazy

Yeah, sadly, as much as I want to help, Wii are not responsible for poor sales... It is the people/companies that make and publish it that should be responsible. The only thing Wii can do to help is to pressure those companies to make them realize they need to do a better job. Hell, it isn't even our job to tell people to buy it, it's Activision's and Nintendo's job to advertise it and get customers to buy it. You know why it's low on players Activision?! YOU NOT ADVERTISING IT! lol

Dazan3O3

That's cool I can respect your post.

Different opinions does not mean we need to "fight" or "argue"

I was unaware the the game was not well received by the majority who have purchased it.

My experiences so far have been clearly different. I have been playing with some new people around youtube (RawJustice to name one from the forum) & we were having some great games only yesterday.

When I am playing I am mostly in a Skype Call with about 2-4 people, and it's usually a fun experience.

I understand some people are having terrible problems with lag, and insta-deaths (I get the insta-deaths too and they are annoying)

But I guess from my experiences so far they have been nothing but positive.

I have heard players (myself included) giving out about connection in CoD online games since World at War, so I don't think it's a Ghosts specific problem. Host connection still seems dodgy with ADS framerate drops (that was the same case in Black Ops Wii)

like2nap03

How is that factory map running for you?  I can't remember the name of it, but it's a big factory of some sort and it's all indoors. 

Anyway, I've been getting a lot of framerate drops on that map when I ADS, but I could have been host.  I'm not sure.  I don't know how to tell when I'm the host and I wasn't paying that much attention anyway.  But I died more times than I should have because I didn't expect a framerate studder right when I tried to aim.

RawJustice

Well Daz, you made some good statements, I too want more online players in this game. I don't know how we can contribiute, but I'm hoping for Christmas we'll get around 3k-4k

Spacious_Fissure

Maybe we can get Savior back on Nintendo saddle..........=   I AM D A RAN. I SAY 303 like TREE O TREE

Ermmm awkwarddddddddddddddddd

ichilenozo

Unfortunately Activision cared about us a lil too late.

1) This COD title, despite the sales, is not getting too much love from fans. There are people who bought it, the same people are not playing that much, same thing is happening in PS3/XBOX (of course is less noticeable cause the original install base is so large)...maybe people are tired of the franchise, maybe this game is simply mediocre, who knows, I ain't gonna judge.

2) So that means, even if 3arc has worked fairy extensively on the WiiU versions (yeah, we need to be grateful to 3arc, they have been working on the Wii games for some time now, always trying to implement the Wiimote controls, with ups and downs) this games was flawed from the start. Add to that the small install base of the WIiU, add to that peer pressure over the less "strong-minded" young people who change their minds when others tell them that WiiU is for kids, or that WiiU sucks, etc.

Even I, someone who always manages to get something from a COD game, even I am getting bored with it. The graphics are meh, campaign is meh, MP game modes are the same, perks and strike packages are more or less the same. I got other games to finish so I think after the next couple of weeks my time playing would decrease dramatically. I only hope they give us DLC with new map pack and gamemodes so I can see if maps really make the difference or it just a mediocre game, and it is just me the one who just got bored.

GamebroCrazy

Well Dan (Love your videos btw), Wii are all in this kind of problem to. You see, in order for the community to grow, the following must happen...

1. more people need to buy a Wii U this holiday (or just buy one in general) and after they buy one, they must purchase a copy of Call of Duty: Ghost on the Wii U and they must play it often. Now, looking at how fast it sold its first week on the Wii U, we might see a small increase in our player base this year after Christmas. Why? Well, though this was my first midnight launch CoD for me, I never seen the community grow to 2000+ players online so quickly (many of whom I have never seen in the community before and I have been here since Black ops on the Wii) so maybe these our new people that flocked to the Wii U this year (or people that made new accounts xD). Nintendo has not done a good job with advertising this console and in order for it to succeed, they got to spread the word. THIS IS A WII U, A WHOLE NEW CONSOLE! IT USES NEXT GEN TECH AND IS A GREAT CONSOLE FOR BOTH FAMILIES AND HARDCORE GAMERS! Yes, they should focus on the younger people this holiday and beyond but if you advertise a little bit with games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, and other third party content in TV ads, you might convince an adult to buy one for both him/her and the kids. Christmas 2013 is Nintendo's (and our community's) best hope for a comeback.

2. The Xbox One and PS4 have launched and thus, the 8th-Gen Console Wars has begun. In a recent discovery, the Xbox One actually doesn't have as many HD games as the Wii U, PS4, and PC have so if HD graphics are a concern to gamers this generation, who's gonna get an Xbone? I'm not... I already got a device that has the ability to listen to my voice and respond back (Siri) so that isn't very appealing to me and I already can watch my favorite NFL teams on my Direct TV packages. The PS4 (I won't lie) is off to a good start and its graphics are top notch (1080?! Holy S-) so it will be hard to compete with it for the other consoles. Anyways, in order for the Wii U to succeed this generation is to get those who are ready to grab a new console a few good reasons why they shouldn't. Maybe they should go for the Xbox gamers and convince them to go Wii U sense the Wii U (from what I heard) has better graphics then the Xbox One and thus is better then it.

3. Of course this game is getting boring, no doubt about it. But, Wii will be in for a rough time if we don't get DLC. Without extra content to keep us occupied, then for sure, people will be turning in this game or not be playing it for a while. Third party content was originally a reason why the Wii U was made and now that's it is struggling, they had to go back to there old strategy, kids...

There is other reasons but I'm going to save the community from reading to much... BIG COMMENTS HURT MY BRAIN!!!

BobbyMcGee

your logic is severly flawed if you think 2000 people is a lot. and btw, we havent grown at all. people who have blops 2 bought this game and thats basically it. if you add the to playerbase numbers together it proves it. less people are playing this as the last title for launch.

BobbyMcGee

really hate to break it to you but there isnt anything we can do. im not a promoter i play the game, and after paying 60 bucks for it my job in that aspect is done. if cod and nintendo cared then its up to them to promote the game, not the paying customers. cant wait for the next influx of youtube idiots to grace our forums with all their infinite wisdom though.

GamebroCrazy

BobbyMcGee wrote:

"im not a promoter i play the game"

lol but didn't you just promote/support it once you bought it? lol

BobbyMcGee

edit-advertise...

let me clarify. i purchased the game for wii u. that is my end of supporting this title that i can already see will not be fully supported for its lifetime. by lifetime i mean on average around one year. its not my job as an already paying customer to push their title in order to have issues corrected.

GamebroCrazy

lol

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

edit-advertise...

let me clarify. i purchased the game for wii u. that is my end of supporting this title that i can already see will not be fully supported for its lifetime. by lifetime i mean on average around one year. its not my job as an already paying customer to push their title in order to have issues corrected.

A couple of members of my clan pushed me to buy this game after I said I wouldn't be buying ghosts after playing the abortion of a game Bo2. They said there is no lag, no BS deaths and so on. I bought the game, and to some extent

it was true. It just got worse and worse though, and I wish they didn't say anything. Why is it, like so many people have said, can the game start off ok then get worse?

Dazan3O3

The second you tell an IRL friend "the wii-mote is awesome for ghosts on WiiU"

You are a promoter ^^

WiimotesRus02

Dazan3O3 wrote:

"the wii-mote is awesome for ghosts on WiiU"

LoL it isn't though, if you're comparing it to BO2 then its not much of a bench mark but it is better. You only have to play BO1/MW3 to see the massive difference..

ichilenozo

ahhh...BO1 and MW3 were so awesome....specially sniping (not that there were many sniping spots on BO1, but still).

However u gotta admit that in MW3 using the wiimote felt good cause of aim-assist. I don't condemn aim-assist if the DA players are getting aim assist, cause if I'm sniping vs another sniper, even if I'm fast with the wiimote I still need to do corrections while aiming, while aim-assisted DA just need to ADS and move in straight lines towards the body. If I would be the developer, I would get rid of any aim assist at all, for both DA and wiimotes...this will result in DA being unplayable, so they will be forced to either leave the wiiu community and move to other consoles or become one of us . Aiming will take longer with the wiimote but still doable, and everyone will be on the same grounds so probably the frenetic speed of COD matches would be toned down a bit (still fractions of a second) but none will feel that the enemies are being helped to aim.

Yeah, I'm just dreaming, it ain't gonna happen!

WiimotesRus02

ichilenozo wrote:

However u gotta admit that in MW3 using the wiimote felt good cause of aim-assist.

I never use it, plus I play hctdm and in IW games AA is disabled in hctdm. The controls were just rock steady..

ichilenozo

No man...THERE WAS AIM-ASSIST IN MW3.... U COULDN'T TURN IT OFF!

I'm like you, I always turn off aim assist and never look back, but that game had some even after turning it off!....I remember that someone did a whole comparison of aim assist and it was quite clear that Wiimote had some even after turning it off. This also matches my own sensation, I have never felt that sniping was so awesome with the wiimote ever on a COD game, and I have played most. My take is that motion controls, at least the wiimote, can not be as accurate as a PC mouse, so devs, have to look for ways to make it better software-wise, and that's why I bow under 3arc cause to me they have done the best they can with the wiimote. But having said that we gotta admit that MW3 had aim assist even after turning it off!

If someone know where in the youtube universe is that comparison video for wiimote vs DA on MW3, please posts it here

WiimotesRus02

ichilenozo wrote:

No man...THERE WAS AIM-ASSIST IN MW3.... U COULDN'T TURN IT OFF!

Maybe, but in hctdm its disabled, has been since reflex. Apparently treyarch games are the only ones where you can have it if you want it in hctdm..

bughunt

This is something that I know IW has done 100% right.  I hope that Treyarch follows this.

It is a Hardcore mode, after all.  No map, no HUD, no training wheels, no crutches.

Could it be argued that Dual Analogs would need a tiny bit of Aim Assist in HC modes?  Maybe.  But it should only be a tiny bit to cancel out some of the difficulties due to the nature of aiming with DA.

Or, how about this for a radical idea:  The more you level up = the less AA you get.  You may get a lot of people who refuse to prestige but then they would have to sacrafice the goodies that you get at later levels just to keep the "beginners" AA.

An equally radical but alternative idea would be to base it on how long you've played for.  A player who has played for 100 hours would have more experience but less AA than somebody who has only played for 4 hours.

Maybe some crazy ideas there.  But thought I'd put this out there to see how people react to it

BobbyMcGee
                    ever-changing controler schemes sounds like an awful idea.
                      bughunt

It wouldn't be the controller scheme itself that would change, it would be more like the size of the box you have to aim at before you get any assistance.  A competent player who has played for a long time would already be pretty dead accurate so they would land in that box anyway.

It wouldn't exactly be like that and would be more refined, etc.  DA would have different increments or methods of adjusting the amount of AA compared to Wiimote.  That kind of thing.

Not asking for it to be implemented   Just a random thought that I got while typing my last reply and thought I'd type it out and see how people reacted.

sangoku116

We can talk about it to our friends which are not a lot with Wii U. We can spread the word. Comment on every single gaming video some thing about the wii u and ghosts. I feel like the community is less unite since the wii u is out.

dr0pk1ckz

Well, I think the number of players will slightly increase on christmas, because a lot of people are getting the game then. Also in spring 2014 some popular games will be released, such as mario kart and smash bros. It would be possible, that many players are waiting to buy a Wii U until these games have been released. And if PS4 and XBO are as good (or bad) as you guys wrote in here, some people might switch to the U and because of the fact, that the Wii U Online Services still are for free. Those are my expectations for the future, but we'll see what happens.

Ps.: Some guys wrote about DLC - that won't happen with the amount of players atm...

Padiego

The following post is poorly written and barely qualifies as English. You have been warned:

Excuse me if I'm repeating some of the other posts made(I looked over them fairly quickly), but I don't think promoting CoD on Wii U is the answer. Before you murder me, hear me out...

Call of duty is a game that the average consumer buys to play with his friends. The reason why people buy CoD on xbox or ps3 is because their friends have an xbox or ps3. Now let's address the elephant real quick...the Wii. The Wii was a hot must-have console advertised for kids and casuals. All of my friends have Wiis. Most of them play CoD on xbox, but my best friend played CoD on wii, which is why I got Reflex. To play with my friend online.

Look at the Wii U. I don't care how big of a Big N fanboy you may be, you have to admit it's doing terrible. Less consoles, less online population.

I don't think we should advertise CoD on Wii U. Why? Because we're advertising a lesser version. Your average consumer does not care about wiimote because he is already used to DA. No DLC, barely any support, a small online population...it doesn't look attractive. I think what we should do is raise awareness about the Wii U itself. Show people the console,show them the exclusives. The more Wii Us sold, the more possible CoDWiiU buyers you'll create.

like2nap03

Padiego wrote:

The following post is poorly written and barely qualifies as English. You have been warned:

Excuse me if I'm repeating some of the other posts made(I looked over them fairly quickly), but I don't think promoting CoD on Wii U is the answer. Before you murder me, hear me out...

Call of duty is a game that the average consumer buys to play with his friends. The reason why people buy CoD on xbox or ps3 is because their friends have an xbox or ps3. Now let's address the elephant real quick...the Wii. The Wii was a hot must-have console advertised for kids and casuals. All of my friends have Wiis. Most of them play CoD on xbox, but my best friend played CoD on wii, which is why I got Reflex. To play with my friend online.

Look at the Wii U. I don't care how big of a Big N fanboy you may be, you have to admit it's doing terrible. Less consoles, less online population.

I don't think we should advertise CoD on Wii U. Why? Because we're advertising a lesser version. Your average consumer does not care about wiimote because he is already used to DA. No DLC, barely any support, a small online population...it doesn't look attractive. I think what we should do is raise awareness about the Wii U itself. Show people the console,show them the exclusives. The more Wii Us sold, the more possible CoDWiiU buyers you'll create.

It's not just the wii remote. A lot of people love playing on the gamepad and freeing up the TV.  I don't.  No way I'm giving up my bigscreen, but I've seen a lot of guys talk about how great that feature is to free up the TV for their family.  I don't have kids yet, and the wife doesn't watch a lot of TV, so I don't have to do that, but for guys with families, it really does help.  I think it's a nice selling point.  Just throwing that out there. 

like2nap03

I also love having the gamepad for games like Darksiders 2.  That game is awesome on Wii U.  Having access to the map, armor, and weapon loadouts on the fly without having to pause the game is just great.  I've said it before that it doesn't sound great, but after years of having to stop the action to do that stuff, not having to stop it is just amazing.  I never thought much of it when I heard about it in game reviews, but after I tried it I was sold.  I would have loved to have that for Skyward sword, but I don't know how that would work cause I LOVE the motion controls in that game. 

Which makes me wonder, what are they going to do with the next Zelda?  It's going to use the gamepad, but I hope they have a wii remote option to use those motion controls. 

What if they did an HD remake of Twilight Princess with Skyward Sword's controls?

RAGEmajichands

while i agree in principal dazran, and i always tell everyone that will listen. the greatest ever idea for a fps is the wii mote (heck for any game), and is the reason i think you wii u is the best ever console (maybe not technically power wise and lack of lan connection). but my conscience will not allow me to promote the worst running game ive ever played, and the fact its £15 dearer for the wii u (????). if anyone bought this game because of me, i would feel like i had physically mugged them. i was so looking forward to this as mw3 was by far the best running game for me (with only 2.5 down and .8 up, but ruined by hacking scum) so my disappointment is even more magnified.

Pwnsweet

Basically the only thing we can do is to influence as many people as possible to buy the Wii U version of the game. It's also the best thing we can do.

DatBigSwitcha2

We can make the game entertaining to play by making everyone not sit in there spawn with an AR insta killing you across the map....

oh wait we can't LMAO.

Ghosts is awful, no-one should be forced to even watch this game, let alone play it.

What i suggest is playing BO2, a game that actually is fast paced and CoD like, not some battlefield 4 wannabe with maps big enough to host 64 Vs 64

Kilano

if player count continues to stay crap and activision plays with the idea to drop it on nintendo console.
    they should make a last game even if its an old cod like Blops,Blops2 or whatever
    with wiimote only controls. maybe its a bad idea, maybe there would be even less players....
    but abandoning the wiimjote wouldnt work. it was there from the beginning and it converted non fps players like me
    i will never ever in my life touch a shooter with DA controls, because i just dont like em.
    Wiimote or PC feels right.

i dont want to take away the da players control
    but im around since w@w and in the past with only wiimote option, nobody ever complained about
    controls like we do today. Hell even i complain, because we are controller racist
    we see the difference in controls and hate if we lose. mostly we just playing bad but dont want to hear that
    because hey look....they play different its their fault.

in that conclusion one more wiimote only cod. and DA dont complain
    xbox and sony have thousands of players with your controller layout.
    nintendo consoles get COD as a bonus and im thankful for that.

WiimotesRus02

Kilano wrote:

if player count continues to stay crap and activision plays with the idea to drop it on nintendo console.
      they should make a last game even if its an old cod like Blops,Blops2 or whatever
      with wiimote only controls. maybe its a bad idea, maybe there would be even less players....
      but abandoning the wiimjote wouldnt work. it was there from the beginning and it converted non fps players like me
      i will never ever in my life touch a shooter with DA controls, because i just dont like em.
      Wiimote or PC feels right.

i dont want to take away the da players control
      but im around since w@w and in the past with only wiimote option, nobody ever complained about
      controls like we do today. Hell even i complain, because we are controller racist
      we see the difference in controls and hate if we lose. mostly we just playing bad but dont want to hear that
      because hey look....they play different its their fault.

in that conclusion one more wiimote only cod. and DA dont complain
      xbox and sony have thousands of players with your controller layout.
      nintendo consoles get COD as a bonus and im thankful for that.

I think its a great idea to have wiimote only, I think it would play a huge part in getting back a lot of players, it would be great to have the W@W and reflex days back and have a completely even playing field. Like I've said many times, in a motogp race you don't mix 600cc bikes with the 900cc bikes, mixing up the controllers was the start of the decline in numbers, along with the lack of control in hacking, and we all know who they were who helped to destroy the wii community..

like2nap03

They seem pretty balanced now though.

WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

They seem pretty balanced now though.

But it would be better if it was completely even, true to the wii, that's why people put up with poor graphics, less content and support, and to a certain extent, all the glitch spots and hackers until the latter became rife. If you can't see that then I don't know a better way of explaining it. I mean, why do DA players put up with the crap Wii do? My head just fries trying to figure that out..