15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2013 1:12 PM by epic1231 RSS

The Worst CoD to Date - CoD player for 9 Years, Pro Player, Pub Player, and CoD enthusiast...

h9u

First and foremost I want to say that I love Call of Duty and video games in general. I've been playing Call of Duty since CoD 2 on PC until it was released on the newer Xbox 360. I have played every CoD there is to date. I have played all CoD's from the original Call of Duty to Ghosts on PC, Xbox 360, and some on PS3. A little about myself is that many call me H9u, or simply H9. I have a long history of competitive gaming, a lot of it on Call of Duty. I've also hit max prestige on every Call of Duty with a leveling option. I have beaten every CoD on Veteran since CoD 2. So I have seen all aspects of the game; Campaign, Pubs, Competitive Multiplayer, etc. I want to share my opinion about this game. Hopefully many share my voice as well and it's not just me thinking this. Call of Duty has declined and that's obvious, but this game was the nail in the coffin for me.

I originally bought Ghosts for the PC thinking that IW would learn their mistakes from past releases such as MW2 and MW3 on the PC. It ended up being utter garbage that still hasn't been fixed. There is no FoV slider (an FoV slider allows you to change your Field of View and is seen on every FPS released on a PC today. Without a FoV slider on PC and due to the player sitting closer to the monitor, a set console FoV like 65 can cause nausea, headaches, and irritability). There was a capped frame-rate of 90 which is terrible due to today's demand of 120 Hz monitors. There was no dedicated servers like we were promised and the optimization that was on PC was utterly complete trash. There was a 6GB RAM lock. If you don't have 6 GB of ram, then you can't even open the game. The game utilizes about 2GB at max settings. I couldn't even play a game without micro-stuttering or frame-rate drops. It was an embarrassment to a classic on PC like CoD 4. Even when I was playing Extinction, it told me to hit the "A" button on the Xbox 360 controller. How bad can you port a freakin' game to PC? Now my PC is not state-of-the-art, but I can play any game at 1080p, 60 FPS. If you want to know my specs then PM, I'm not going into that. Anyways, Ghosts is a joke on PC, like I should have expected. I mean, at least learn something from your past two fail releases on PC and maybe you'll earn some more players. As to my console experience, I couldn't believe what I was playing.

When I bought the game for the 360 after being failed upon by the PC version I was actually excited. Most of my good friends were playing it and were already past the 1st prestige and I couldn't wait to play it. As I loaded up into my first game of 'Domination' and played it through, I didn't know what to think. I wasn't happy, I wasn't sad, I wasn't angry, but I was disappointed. It felt nothing like the Call of Duty I love. The animations, the time it took to kill somebody, the maps, etc. I felt like I was playing this game that was rushed in 6 months to meet a deadline. The maps are so big that on Free For All it actually takes a whole 10 minutes to finish a game before someone gets to 30 kills. Speaking of Free For All, it seem like this game forces you to camp. With the health being so low and the new stealth perks added to the game, it felt like I was dead from every little corner on the map. It was sad to see where IW is going with this game. The new 3.0 engine is terrible, plain and simple.  The game feels sluggish, slow, and unbalanced. It doesn't feel like the arcade CoD that I know and fell in love with. I see no avenue for competitive gaming as the new engine isn't the best fit. The game is slow, which means it won't be entertaining like Black Ops was on the Pro Circuit. I was watching the MLG Championships the other weekend and couldn't bare to watch a minute of it. The only exciting part was the SnD, like always, and when Puckett made a joke. Even Puckett made a remark to how bad the game is on the competitive side.

As for the campaign it's relatively decent. The addition of Reilly takes on a great vantage point and is interesting to use. It's not as challenging as lets say CoD 4 was on Veteran or even MW2, but it's fun as it should be. I saw some copy pasta, but maybe that's IW paying homage to their last good game . Extinction is mediocre. It's a fail attempt to bring something in last-minute to make sure gamers are getting their $60 worth.

Overall, I stated my reasons to why I think this is the worst CoD to date and that's because it doesn't feel like a Call of Duty. I fell in love with a fast-paced shooter that kept me up for hours trying to get to that next level. I know one person doesn't make a difference to their sales, but as a dedicated fan who stood through thick and thin and played Call of Duty 12 hours a day during the summer I can say that I won't be giving them my money for another one. The series is crumbling and without something to catch my attention, I'm uninterested. It's embarrassing to see how such a great series that made some of my all-time favorite games is crashing down. Hopefully I spoke for some of you dedicated fans out there as well. Peace and I'll see you all on the battlefield.