1 2 3 Previous Next 299 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2014 2:25 PM by JSlayer211 RSS

No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States

lewdmouth

I Live in Chicago Illinois, the 3rd largest population in the country and we don't have dedicated servers. None of us. I have 12 friends that live in the city and not a single one have been placed in the dedicated servers that IW said were going to be in the game. Constant migrations, lag, Hosts dashboarding at end of games because they are losing.  I ping 4ms to server in chicago , no packet loss, open NAT 2 ms jitter on a bad day. I think we were lied to by IW about Dedis on xbox 360. There is no hybrid system being used here at all. 100% P2P (listen servers) 24/7. There is an Azure server farm in the city of Chicago and it is not being used. If someone claims they are on dedis on xbox 360, i would question their intergrity. If you say youre on them, prove it or don't speak.

IW, you sold this game to people on the premise that you were providing dedicated servers across ALL platforms. You have not pulled through. You should be ashamed. I will not purchase another game from activision. Ever.

• 1. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    Izjar11

They never promised everyone would be on dedis, nor did they state when or where. As you mentioned a mixed hybrid would be used.

I have not seen one host migration and you from the reading live in a larger city then I do. Now if your dealign with the chronic quitters well, IW has not mentioned what punishment they deserve.

Question: How do you know the "azure" servers aren't being used? Curious.

• 2. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    lewdmouth

Because I run my xbox through my PC and use UDP/TCP trace software that offers me the IP addresses of players I am connected to and shows the bandwidth usage amongst the IP addresses. The host always shows more bandwidth traffic than the clients. I am a network engineer and am well qualified to decifer the results. Chicago does not have dedi's on the 360 at all. If the largest citys in the country are not being offered servers, than who is?

Can you provide me with the IP address you are connected to that you claim is the dedicated server you always are connected to? That would make me feel more comfortable that you were being truthful.

• 3. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    SitRepPro

I think someone from IW said that if you had a good enough connection you will get into a dedicated server and if not then it will use the same old tech.  My connection is good enough (fast ping, no jitter, no pack loss, high bandwidth etc) and I get rubber banding on some games probably because a lot of other activity is being used on their lines.  It's why I usually avoid playing at the weekends, which is total doodoo because friends will be online etc.

• 4. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    Izjar11

I didn't claim anything simply stating the facts of my experience.

• 5. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    lewdmouth

Considering I have a ping of 4ms to a server in Chicago and the availability of Azure Microsoft servers in Chicago, I should have no trouble connecting if they were available. Also 50mbps download and 12mbps up. I can run an active scrolling ping test while I play the game and it only differentiates by 2ms. Goes between 4-6ms with no packet loss.

• 6. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    Kandagawa

He using FLIR to keep an eye on it.

• 7. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    myevo8you

lewdmouth wrote:

I Live in Chicago Illinois, the 3rd largest population in the country and we don't have dedicated servers. None of us. I have 12 friends that live in the city and not a single one have been placed in the dedicated servers that IW said were going to be in the game. Constant migrations, lag, Hosts dashboarding at end of games because they are losing.  I ping 4ms to server in chicago , no packet loss, open NAT 2 ms jitter on a bad day. I think we were lied to by IW about Dedis on xbox 360. There is no hybrid system being used here at all. 100% P2P (listen servers) 24/7. There is an Azure server farm in the city of Chicago and it is not being used. If someone claims they are on dedis on xbox 360, i would question their intergrity. If you say youre on them, prove it or don't speak.

IW, you sold this game to people on the premise that you were providing dedicated servers across ALL platforms. You have not pulled through. You should be ashamed. I will not purchase another game from activision. Ever.

Dedicated servers have NOT been launched yet. NO ONE has them. The longer this gets drawn out, the more I am thinking that it was just a marketing ploy by IW/Activision to get more people to buy the game. Even with the promise of dedicated servers the game STILL sold less than 6 million copies on release. Looking back at BO2 that sold 14 million, MW3 that sold 12 million and BO1 that sold 15 million on release that puts into perspective just how untrusting people are of IW right now

• 8. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    veilofmaya

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

how many times does this have to be posted? You are horribly misinformed evo

• 9. Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States
    Adam1234567893

I have the second best package from Verizon and I have 150mbps down and 50 to 75mbps up and I have yet to see a dedicated server I am on my DMZ zone and I have all the ports port forwarded and I have the closest DNS servers selected which are only 3 to 20 ms ping. This lag is inexcusable like Microsoft said P2P servers are obsolete because the fact it's an impossibility to even have everyone on the same speed because someone is always going to be faster either while lagging or having the best connection on the planet. Did you know it's impossible for two people to kill each other at the exact same time on Call of Duty with bullets or a regular knife? That tells us something about the series cause even in Halo it was possible and they didn't even have Dedicated Servers. Something is off on Call of Duty and it needs to be fix this lag is ruining the experience for players world wide. Not to mention almost every gun in Call of Duty Ghosts has a faster kill time then the average ping which is about 35 to 150 ms ping and the kill time is 0.2 to 0.8 seconds on a majority of guns in this game meaning if you don't have at least 8 ms ping or below you are going to get insta-killed no matter what you try to do. So yea they need to do something about this lag and the kill times on the guns cause this is ridiculous and needs to be addressed.

1 2 3 Previous Next