1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 1:43 AM by AoTisaturn Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    bughunt

I completely get where you're coming from, yeah.  I tend to feel the same way.  Maybe for some people it isn't always black or white.

*sigh*  I don't know what to say.  We seem to have ventured deeper than we intended with this.

I don't know what side of the glass A_Trey_U stands regarding the whole situation and we will never know.  Maybe it is time for them to announce that they are going to extend testing and development by one year.  That extra time will ensure that the game is tested beyond beta and everything polished to a good degree before being pushed out to the public.  There will still be those bugs that slip through, it's the nature of the beast.  But there will be far fewer and easier to manage.

I know the developers would be thankful of this.  But the suits upstairs?  I can't seem them wanting to delay the time it takes to line their pockets.

• 31. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    barolb

Even so, I was able to keep up, to some degree, with reading the discussions. I still say it was worse in Black Ops 2. And i am saying that after reading all the discussions about the aim assist on Wii Remote in this game. I'm well aware of it... I still feel kind of glad i didn't buy Ghosts though. This feeling surged yesterday when i completed my philosophy essay for hand-in... If i bought ghosts, and assuming a situation where i enjoyed it, i probably would not have made it on time to hand-in that damn essay.

When i look at maps like Stonehaven (if i remember that map's name correctly), i recall that my eyesight is as good as crap, so i would likely suck at long ranges, which is what a sniper is suppose to be good at. So yeah, i still don't feel like i'm missing much. Mainly, i miss Wii Remote sniping more than anything else in the games these days XD

• 32. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    MajorStains

If anything, I was impressed at the response time that ATU and his team turned out a patch.

They obviously listened to the community here and acted accordingly in a fast professional manner.

I don't agree for a minute these games should be released as unfinished as they are sometimes, but the bottom line is and always will be about the shiny, shiny coins.

The grass is not always greener on the other side either. Look at Battlefield 4 for example.

It had an open beta to tweak the bugs on the last gen, that didn't help.

And the PS4 version is virtually unplayable from what friends tell me.

So don't think it's always us Wii U guys getting shafted by the man. The man is quite happy to shaft all gamers, regardless of platform.

I'm interested to read that a lot of issues are likely to be out of Treyarchs hands, that would answer many questions.

But someone should be accountable for the game breaking issues! It's lacking morals to carry on with this practise.

• 33. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    WiimotesRus02

MajorStains wrote:

It's lacking morals to carry on with this practise.

Maybe they decided to just quit, take what ever is left and bow out. Its a pattern I've seen with others things..

• 34. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    Dazan3O3

Sadly I find the CoD community a cut-throat one. More likely than any other community, they tend to  "bite the hand that feeds"

We are lucky to even have points of contact.

Years ago you would pay money per minute on a phone to get in contact with someone regarding a game.

Now you can even TWEET at them xD

• 35. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    Clofairy

Completely agree, and people keep whining about wanting stupid fixes regarding specific guns, perks etc. in which the Wii U Treyarc dev team have no control over. :/

• 36. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

I may have missed something but who is "dissing" devs? And not for nothin but in quite a few instances i think we have the right to complain, i mean i did buy the game.

Anyone who makes comments like "Treyarch sucks"  "Treyarch can't program"  "The devs don't know what they are doing".  "Treyarch doesn't care"  "The Devs don't care".

Stuff like that.  Complaining is one thing, but insulting them is another and it's not something we should be doing.  It's not constructive in any way.  It does nothing more than make them not want to interact with the community.  Some people will always do it though.  I wish the devs would simply ignore those comments just as we can ignore someone (yeah you know who) attempting to be a troll on one topic or another.

Instead of insulting them or expressing our frustration, it would be better to simply state what the issue is.  Maybe add why it's annoying as well, but do it in a nice, professional way.  I use the spawns as an example.  They are the worst I have ever seen.  It's very annoying to spawn right in the sights of the person that just killed you, and there isn't anything you can do too avoid dying in that situation.  Of course Treyarch can't fix that issue on their own.  I'm just using that as example of stating the issue, and why it's annoying, without saying "Treyarch sucks" or something to that effect.

• 37. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    GHOSTED

it may seem like dissing the devs but its just some impatient peeps, that think everything should be perfect right out of the box.

• 38. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    CAL619GUY

It's not A_Trey_U's fault. He and the rest of the Treyarch Wii U team only helped port this game. Not create it. They have no control what IW does to their game. Blame Mark Rubin and IW. He lied and never gave us dedicated servers. Hopefully Infinity Ward will at least fix the damn spawn points.

If you have any complaints or concerns tweet them directly.

Mark Rubin (IWMarkRubin) on Twitter

Tina Palacios (Teanah) on Twitter

• 39. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
    WiimotesRus02

CAL619GUY wrote:

It's not A_Trey_U's fault. He and the rest of the Treyarch Wii U team only helped port this game. Not create it. They have no control what IW does to their game. Blame Mark Rubin and IW. He lied and never gave us dedicated servers. Hopefully Infinity Ward at least fixes the damn spawn points.

If you have any complaints or concerns tweet them directly.

Mark Rubin (IWMarkRubin) on Twitter

Tina Palacios (Teanah) on Twitter

Listen to this video and why they have a twitter, including A_T_U. Its only an opinion, but I think its true, very true, and I've said it before myself. And since there has been nothing but hostility here in this forum aimed at the maker and developers, why do you think their appearance here is at an all time minimal now? He may not be the boss man, but he knows what he's doing and why. This game is a lazy rehash made up with parts of other games and its a lazy Treyarch port, which is why its bogged down with the same problems of Bo2. Nothing has changed, nothing will change and they knew it all along. We have been conditioned to accept crap games and put down those that complain. We have been turned into sheep..