12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 9:27 AM by NaTuReS_FrEaK RSS

Clan Wars Opinion

BlackhawkbillOO7

Ok, so the first round of Clan War is about to end...for those that actually participated in the war (what I mean by that is those players who actually went outside their normal game modes to try to score CP) what did you think?

As for my experience I thought this first round of Clan Wars was definitely a bit of a challenge. I’m a HC TDM player so instinctively we went ahead and locked down that Node. Not knowing for sure how the CP was awarded we just continued to own the HC TDM Node. When we realized that you didn’t gain anything by just holding the Node we started moving to other Nodes to see if we could capture them…We started working and drilling down the Hardcore Game Nodes first (HC KC, and HC S&R). Once we finally captured them we were quick to realize that there was no way around it…We would have to venture into Core. Understand, my clan has played nothing but Hardcore since Modern Warfare and now all of a sudden if we wanted to be competitive in the war we would have to step into Core. (I am not looking to debate between Core versus Hardcore in this thread. Everyone has their own preference and I respect that). So, we jumped into a Core KC match and learned really quickly that our setups were waaaaaayyyyy wrong…LOL!! After getting our butts handed to us for a few matches we were finally able to tweak our setups so we could start winning.

Anyway, after competing throughout the week in Clans Wars I’ve learned to appreciate other gamers playing styles more. There are game modes that you can tell that quick reflexes and proper class setups are absolutely critical in order to survive and win a match, while other modes require more tactical thought and patience.  I most definitely prefer the Clan Wars format versus the past Clan Challenges and Clan Operations from past titles. I just wish I would have taken note as to the CP amounts awarded per Node Capture and the amount that by which it decreased per Recapture.

Again, what did you all think? 

• Re: Clan Wars Opinion
    Izjar11

So far it was a good thing compared to the Failed clan operations from the past. To capture a node was a grind, and to hold on to them was equally as hard.

BlackhawkbillOO7

Izjar11 wrote:

So far it was a good thing compared to the Failed clan operations from the past. To capture a node was a grind, and to hold on to them was equally as hard.

I totally agree. I hated those operations. You definitely have to work for it...

TheBeastlyDude

I posted just about the same thing and had the same experiences for you. It was enjoyable and learned a lot about myself as a player and figured out new ways to adapt. I preach that a lot on this board about learning to adapt but this was a tough cookie to adapt to. However, we finally figured it out, I remembered all along what guns and whatnot people complain about on this board and used those set ups to win cranked and other core nodes.

I look forward to seeing how well clans adapt to a 2 week war. 1 week was very long and I am not so sure about the continuous war after war week in and week out. I think some clans might end up burned out that wish to always win. I feel like it's almost that you got to pick your fight.

BlackhawkbillOO7

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

I look forward to seeing how well clans adapt to a 2 week war. 1 week was very long and I am not so sure about the continuous war after war week in and week out. I think some clans might end up burned out that wish to always win. I feel like it's almost that you got to pick your fight.

I think that the first couple wars will be pretty tightly fought but once the clans get their Unlocks for winning they might start to lose their enthusiasm.

NaTuReS_FrEaK

one thing is true for sure though

HC is hard (i dont wanna have a debate on this but in HC there are more campers from my perspective, i guess the lack of killcam works in their favour)

i though i would have to slow my game down in core because ghost is totally different, but i realized how different HC is overall, its not even about reflexes in HC its about who sees who first so you have to be on your toes at all times

maccabi

it has potential there is alot of issue that need to be addressed though

allowing clans to bolster their numbers after a war has started,

the fact the only way to win is to let your nodes be taken

cp scoring is confusing as hell

to name a few

NaTuReS_FrEaK

?????? the earlier on you catch nodes the more CP you get so you have the advantage

BlackhawkbillOO7

maccabi wrote:

to name a few

Absolutely, I noticed that one of the clans in my division jumped from 20 to 45 in about 2 days so they were basically able to have people playing non-stop. I would also like to know what the CP awards are for first captures for each Node. I'm going to pay better attention the next go around.

TheBeastlyDude

maccabi wrote:

to name a few

Bolster numbers, it should have been locked to members of the clan when the war started. I agree

The letting your node get capped is annoying as well. As I have stated in other threads, holding onto a node for 24 hours should net some kind of points.

CP scoring isn't that bad. You get max CP for capping a node the first time and each cap of the same node afterwards gets you less until you've capped it too many times and end up with 0 CP from capping a node (we did that with HCTDM)