32 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 6:03 PM by krysys1986 RSS

Clan War Feedback

LifeSong1

Here's my feedback on the Clan Wars so far with some of my ideas/concepts of what I think would help with this.

Scoring

• Scoring is a bit confusing to those who have not read the rules (not very self explanatory). I understand the concept as I have read the rules, but many clan members have not done that.
  • Holding an area needs to allow you earn CP (maybe if you hold a position for 24 hours then you get 5CP for that node).
  • The amount of CP you will earn for capturing a mode should be displayed.
  • The scoring should be explained right in the app

Clan Rosters

• New clan members should not count in the clan war if they weren't in the clan when the clan war started.
  • If a clan member leaves, they should not count in ANY clan until the clan war is over. This includes their old clan, unlike Elite which still counted them in the clan they were in when they op/challenge started.

Clan Rewards (XP Bonus)

• This bonus is typically wasted if you are truly working on your clan war. In most clan wars there will be nodes to capture in order to improve your ranking in the clan war and thus you never get to play the game modes you have...thus negating the bonus you get.  This should be re-thought. Maybe you get 10% extra XP for all game modes in the clan war per node you hold up to a maximum of 50% extra XP.
  • Explain somewhere in the App what the rewards are for the clan. Are there rewards for coming in 2nd place. What are the rewards? Why make them so cryptic and hidden. This can give incentive to your members to work harder if they know what they are working towards.

COD App

• This app is not compatible with near enough devices to be the only way to manage this. Many of my clan members have no way to view the Clan Wars information such as our primary target as they don't have the app.
  • A Website for our clan (Elite concept) would make so much more sense as everyone in the clan has access to a browser to see their status.
  • Clicking on any of the clan names should pull up their clan
  • Stats, Stats, and more Stats. - The app needs to show how many wins each clan member has earned for the clan war. As a leader I want to know how much (or little) my clan members are contributing.

Overall

• I love the concept of Clan Wars. I'm wondering if 2 weeks will be too long, but overall I like what I am seeing. The concept is there but the implementation has it's issues. There are definitely some things that need to be addressed and I hope this evolves to be a truly great system.

What are your initial thoughts on Clan Wars?

• Re: Clan War Feedback
    OUHATEME

I Agree with the scoring not being explained properly.

i Agree with the roster issues and reading some of the post some took advantage of it ... Definately hope this one gets fixed fast.

I Disagree with the clan Xp bonus. For us that comes down to your clans strategy. Made good use of it defending nodes. Perhaps an overall playing Xp bonus that goes up a percentage for each node you hold regardless of game type would be more acceptable.

Cant argue about the app it was too inconsistent and too many people don't have access.

I would like to see it remain at 1 week instead of 2 weeks for numerous reasons.

Overall I like clan wars and think it is a step up from what we have had in the past.

LifeSong1

The problem is that there isn't much incentive for defending a node. If they will add in a CP benefit for defending a node then I agree that the XP bonus may make sense, but right now it makes more sense to let someone take the node back to 0 just so you can re-capture it and earn more CP.

OUHATEME

that is one of many strategies and we used it on a few of the nodes, on others that we didn't care for it we didn't want to go through all of the wins, simply defending while they are trying to knock it down would turn them away from certain nodes and back to others which we didn't mind taking over and over......

SO so it's all in point of view and what that clans strategy is whether its useful or not.

Poppa09

I agree with everything you stated.   Our main concerns are:

1) Not knowing how many CP's we get for capturing a node.  This could easily be displayed in the app.   We played HC KC for an hour Saturday and only got 2 points.  I'm assuming after studying some, that each node decreases by a % after each capture, but some nodes reduced more than others, so not sure.

2) The bonuses are wasted.   If your clan is truly trying to get as many CP as possible, then after you capture a node, you should quickly move to another node, therefore not getting to take advantage of the bonus.   Now if the scoring changes to allow CP for holding a node, then the bonuses will be very handy.

3) Not nearly enough devices are supported by the app.  I have a blackberry Z10 and a Toshiba laptop, neither of which are supported by the app.

4) Stats, stats, stats.   I agree 100%.

5) I like the one week and multi-mode concept.   It's like 10 clan ops rolled into one.  Not sure how the 2 week timing will be.   1 week was gruelling for us.

SwtAznGrl

Scoring- I was sooo confused when clan wars started even though I read up on everything I could on it, esp the part where u have to reset the other team to 0 before your team can capture it again.  I dont like that concept and it has a lot of flaws to it.  There's been many times when the other clans would just wait for my clan to reset a node and because they have twice as many members in their clan as we do, once it was reset they would gather up their clan and take it over before we could so we would have to start all over again! 

I still have not figured out how capture points work and why some are worth more than others but I agree that it should be displayed for us to see in order to figure out strategies.  Holding down a node should enable u to get points that way the other clans will be forced to take it away from you in order for u to stop gaining points.  It's not fair to u if your clan holds down 9 nodes and gain nothing for holding those nodes (even though it should be a less amount of points) while the other clans can gain points just by going back and fourth with each other on one node. Once you've captured a node it should be less points the next time u capture it again so clans don't keep capping the same things over and over again. 

Clan rosters, I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing this but they need to make it fair, match up clans with similar amount of people AND playtime.  It's not fair to match up a clan of 10 people who have the same amount of play time as another clan who has 30 people.  Once Clan war starts, those 20 people who were "inactive" before will most likely start playing and then the clan with 10 people in it are f*****.  Once a war starts, only current members' wins should count and like song said, if they leave the clan, their wins would no longer count.  New member's wins should NOT count, it's not fair once the war starts to suddenly go from having 20 to 100 members with all their wins going towards that clan. 

Cross counsel clan wars, I don't like the concept of mixing PSN and Xbl clans together in the war.  If they want to make clan wars cross counsels then they should make it so that we can all play all together across all the consoles (that would be awesome ).  Every counsel has their own competitive teams and they shouldn't be mixed except the next gen consoles who would be able to go back to ps3 or the 360.

Xps.  I also think this should be rethought.  If you hold a node u should automatically get .25 xp for anything u play instead of just that game mode.  It made some members not want to play anything else because they only want that xp.  For every other node u hold u should get an extra 10% up to 100%.  I didn't really care for the extra xp. I was too busy trying to cap other nodes to even play a node that I already got.  The only incentive in playing it is to keep the other clan from taking the node and the other clans had wayyy more people than we did so it was useless wasting our time trying to keep it when we could be getting more CP for ourselves.

The app has soooo many problems that need to be fixed.  My ipad app and my android phone app are not the same.  I can see things from the ipad that I can't find on my phone.  The app on my phone seems to work better then the ipad and it seems to show the real stats.  Refresh/updates on wins seem to lag and needs to be Addressed.  Sometimes your wins show up right away and sometimes it takes a while so u dont ever know if the numbers that are up are accurate.  The other day it took us sooo long to capture a node and when we finally got it it was still updating an hour later with our wins, what a waste of time.  It would be soooooo much easier if we could just look up everything in the game.  They need a website like elite.  I thought the call of duty elite website was great because u could view everyone's stats, recent games, achievements, etc. and it helped out a lot on finding who the boosters were esp in clan ops just by looking at their recent games. It WOULD be nice to see everyone's stats on the clan wars and see which members contributed what so we know who the active ones are and who needs to play more/be kicked.

In my opinion, clan wars lasts wayyy too long.  One week was long enough and it was torture the last two days to even get on and play for capture points.  It should be shortened to only three or four days a week.  That will give us some breathing time to mess around and play whatever we want.  People like to play and be competitive but by making clan wars every single day it starts to feel like a chore and everyone hates doing chores!!!

I hope a lot of these issues are addressed and fixed so that the next clan war will be better and more enjoyable for everyone.  a lot of these people are long time call of duty fans and are here to compete And have fun.  We've all done our part by being loyal and giving our feedback on what we think and would like to see, I hope Infinity ward and beach head do their part and step up to the challenge of making the game more enjoyable for everyone.

embalmer

Good post with a lot of good points.

Background: Currently I am the clan leader of a clan in 1st place.  We have 191 CP and hold 5 territories.

Having played a TON of clan wars over the past week - I came here to find out what others thought of the Clan Wars.  Seems to me you have a lot of the same observations me and my clan have had.

Scoring

• Definitely is confusing but easy enough once you get the hang of it.  I do agree that each node should tell how much it's worth for the capture though.  As we found out - the hard way - each capture after the 1st nets you less and less CP.
    • Holding areas should give CP I completely agree.  This was not their design intent though.  Their intent was to force you to capture nodes and defend them - so no other clans could get CP for them.  This is a flawed design though since you cannot hold more than half the nodes easily (assuming you are against similar sized opposing clans).  If the other clans are constantly trading nodes - they will soon have more CP than you - even if you have more nodes than them and you've held them longer.

Clan Rosters

Our main competition had around the same number of clan members at the start of the war - then they doubled in size.  We had such a hard time defending against them - that it became a bit ridiculous at times.

• New clan members - after the start of a war - should not count toward that war.  That is honestly the only way to deal with this problem.  Otherwise it is completely unfair to those of us who aren't willing to fill our ranks with just anyone to win a war.

Clan Rewards

Personally I don't see a problem with how they are doing XP bonuses. You only get bonus XP if you are defending basically.  Why should we get bonus XP all of the time? As a reward for capping a node?  Perhaps...but honestly I see it as a bonus.

CoD App

Having no web site is a major downer.  Trying to view the whole map on my phone is a pain.  Also - the app is missing a lot of details.  I would like the app to add at least 2 things:

• Show how much the node is currently worth for capturing
    • Show how many wins the current occupying clan has in the node

Overall

• Overall clan wars is a grind to see who can play the most or who has the most people.  This is not the competitive gaming I was hoping for.  This is not really a skill based war.  Eventually if you play enough - you will rack up enough wins to take over nodes.
    • Pub games - is not skill based matchmaking.  There is no account for skill level in your wins or losses.
    • We will probably not play more clan wars.  There is very little incentive to playing clan wars - and honestly are not all that fun.
    • Clans should battle other clans of similar skill directly - not playing in pub matches to compete for the most wins.

Embalmer

@CoDTeamL33T

SwtAznGrl

Tell me about it embalmer.  I feel like clan wars has caused us so much trouble.  We have 200 cap points and came in 3rd place.  We have 40 members and the first place clan has 85 members.  Isn't there something wrong with this?  So unfair.  Everyone's pissed off at eachother because they have to carry the other members in the clan, not to mention that the competing clan had the balls to invite our members to their clan and those traitors flipped clans.  Anyways I'm not liking clan wars so far, way too long and u gotta get too involved devoting wayyy too much time that I don't have in order to win.  Maybe I will just leave my clan and start my own with just a couple of people I can depend on :/

phxs72

The simple answer for those members that are frustrated about having to carry the other members is for your leader to kick out those members that aren't participating.  Of course if your clan is like mine then that would be a bit of a foolhardy thing to do considering that a lot of my members won't even have the game until Christmas.  You could be throwing away some really good folks that could be great contributors down the stretch.

MrChase13

I agree with kicking them, but its a clan. its not a task of carrying your clan members. it should be a task of the CO steppin up and everyone working as a team....... working together.

phxs72

Very true but not every CO has the diplomatic skills to get their members motivated.  My clan picked up 7 nodes in this OP.  They were quite hungry to get things done even though a good portion of our membership doesn't have the game yet.  It has a lot to do with how your clan is built and the relationship amongst its members.  Every clan has it's issues but a good leader with some good leadership underneath him/her can keep those issues under control.

LifeSong1

The only problem is that I have NO way of knowing which clan members are participating and which are not. They need to add stats so I know this. Not just for clan wars but for clan XP as well. I want a breakdown of how much Clan XP each clan member has earned for the lifetime of the game.

embalmer

Yes, that's very unfair.

I hope they fix this before the next war starts... if we even play it that is.

KAOS_6523

yeah I think the clan wars will die a natural death in a few months.

ghamorra

I don't like how a larger mediocre clan will have a massive advantage over a small but strong clan. They need to make it so only a certain number can compete at a time.

phxs72

Having reasonably defined clan size ranges when deciding the groupings is rather important.  Perhaps something like 5 members and under, 6 to 10, 11 to 15, 16 to 20, 21 to 25, 26 to 30, 31 to 40, 40 to 50, 51 to 60, 61 to 75 and 76 to 100.

ghamorra

My clan has 6 members right now. Going up against a clan of 20+ puts us at a huge disadvantage because we can't win match nearly fast enough. they can win 50% less matches than use but still win the war.

canadac4

Another item to note:

We have a clan with a K/D ratio of 1.06 and 22 members, but were in a war with the following:

66 members, 1.02 K/D

36 members, 2.06 K/D

35 members, 0.94 K/D

That being said, all four clans were level 14, the match-ups should be based on numbers more than clan level. There is no point in kicking inactive members if you are paired with much larger clans.

embalmer

Our Clan: 15 Members, KD 1.16

2nd Place Clan: 39 members, KD 1.17

Most other clans are around 25 members. 

OUHATEME

It should be size and WL ratio, kd has nothing to do with certian modes where an entire team can go negative and win.. The group I was in where all similar sized with similar wl ,,,, kd was all over the place and had no relevance in the clan war as far as who took first second or third.

otisman666

Well if how they handled the clan stuff in MW3 is any indication of how well Beachhead is going to handle this stuff, I would say we will have to wait until February until there is any help in terms of a website, clan sizing and limiting that size until the end of the current operation and giving better data on the clan members.

Another decent concept will die a slow painful death

LifeSong1

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.  Let's keep it coming in. The more feedback we give them the more they have to go off of. I doubt they will change too much of this but it's worth putting out there for them to read.

PS - Let's make sure and put the blame for some issues on Beachhead and not on clans. For example, clans recruiting and growing their clans. This is not the clan's issue as a clan should be allowed to grow. The issue falls on Beachhead for allowing the new members to count in the clan war. Don't blame a clan for growing in size...

7chp

Very good post LifeSong1, I agree with most of what you and everyone else are saying here. The biggest point being of course adding players to your roster during a clan war makes absolutely no sense, and players even changing clans mid season to a clan in the same league? That just aint right! What are the loyalty to something like that?

I just hope, for my own sake, they don't make it so that only 75+ members clans are in the Platinum divisions... We'd just see large clans with no reason to be in that clan other than playing at a high division, you'd have no feeling for the clan, no loyalty or anything other than they were good or high placed so you joined them. I am in a clan with total of 3, and I'd much rather have it like that and win with my two close friends than with a bunch of gloryseekers who might switch sides half way through if another clan got a few CPs ahead.

SwtAznGrl

At least I know who my real friends are now and the traitors are gone .  Any clan can be in the platinum division.  I'm not sure what they base it off of, maybe k/d and play time but my sisters in a clan with 9 players and they were in platinum.  They also won first place and they weren't even trying, they just play a lot.  I think Smaller clans with dedicated members will probably have a better chance of winning esp if they are your close friends plus they don't require a lot of wins to take over nodes.  Our division had to have 140 wins for TDM while my sister only had to have 12. 

Zeph_

Five stars for your feedback on clan rosters.

greencoffin72

I agree with most of the posts about clan size.  The size of a clan should lock at the onset of clan wars and only be able to be adjusted between.

The most irritating thing so far is that my clan (8-9 members who actually play Ghosts) starts off winning and within 4 hrs we're behind by 50-100 CP.  How does a clan commensurate with my own get over 160 wins in Domination under 4 hours??  Doesn't math out.

jump_freenow

I completely agree with your points and completely disagree with the way they step down the CP after each battle, this most recent clan war started at 3pm...most of us are at school or work....not this one clan!  They got on captured almost every node in a 2 hour period and racked up just over 200 CP!!!  Later that night my clan took 7 nodes and have controlled 5-6 at all times since then and have a whopping 140ish CP, The first clan hasn't captured a single node since the first 2 hours.  You should not be able to WIN a WEEK long battle in the first 2 hours!!!

phxs72

That explains why TDM was only worth 7 cp when we took it.  I was scratching my head on that one.  You are right.  They shouldn't decrease their value.  My division had the same problem.  One clan picked up several nodes in the first two hours while every one else was at work/school and they ran away with the clan war.

ctandc72

The scoring is easy to figure out if you do a little research.  The most valuable capture is the FIRST CAPTURE of any node, since it will decrease ONE CP everytime another clan captures it.

The CP Value is based on the amount of wins and the percentage XP bonus you get after capture.  Seriously  - it's not hard to figure out.

Holding a node for 24 hours gets your clan 4 CP.  Note it is EXACTLY 24 hours since the time you captured it.

The matchmaking of clans I HOPE will get better.  Right now it's about who plays MORE-  that's it. We are a @30 member clan in Platinum Division.  BOTH Clan wars we have gotten OVER 200 CP - to come in 2nd place to clans who obviously do NOT have to work and can play almost 24/7.  The vast majority of our clan are adults who have families, job and responsibilities - but still manage to win more the 3/4 of their matches and get over 200 CP.

Not only is the cheating / hacking causing teams to post tons of wins (all the perks saw it in several matches this weekend, invisible hack, spawning with mini gun and all perks etc) we've run across instances of clans getting their friends and even fellow clan members (no clan tags of course) to jump in their multiplayer lobbies so that they can throw the match (or even just FORFEIT) to give them fast - easy wins. We were racing a clan in HCTDM - everyone knows how slow those matches are.  We're 6 wins ahead - 1 full party - 1 full match.  They finish a HCTDM match in 2 minutes to cap?  Really?

While I really like the idea of clan wars, it's not about going against other clans.  We actually ran into the clan who is beating us in clan wars - in a normal lobby. We beat them 4 matches in a row.  At least we know who wins playing against each other based on winning / skill - versus who has more members who can play three straight all nighters and not have to work on Monday.

canadac4

Similar to your items regarding HCTDM, we took domination (200 wins) in a day and a half (similar team as well, mostly older married type). There were only two active clans in this war, we currently have 265 CP and they now have 304 (they only had 263 last night). They dropped us from 200 in dom and took it in less than a day.

greencoffin72

Somehow clans that have no nodes captured are still beating out my clan.  We started out holding 4 nodes, lost a couple and quickly won them back.  In the end, I believe there is A LOT of boosting going on.  How can my clan hold 3 nodes and another clan jump ahead in CP with only holding 2 nodes of minor gamemodes?  Why do the CP drop to almost nothing half way through the match?  If you drop the CP, how is ANY clan supposed to catch up to the leader???

I suggest the following fixes/adjustments:

- Clans that have members on either competing team (in the same match) are disqualified and receive nothing.  No wins or XP towards clans. This will eliminate boosting.

- Only clans from the same country are allowed to play each other.  Played against an "international" clan which gives them an unfair advantage.

- Make the points more transparent, i.e., show how much each clan is winning and when they are winning it.

- Keep the CP the same all through clan wars

Below are some quotes taken from http://oneofswords.com/2013/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-clan-wars/.  These are from Beachhead personnel, not OoS.

"We want to make sure that the players who are really putting a lot of work into it, playing hard and playing as a team, get some benefit."

Really?  My clan plays every night (PST) and we win, consistently, but never seem to generate as many CP as those NOT HOLDING NODES!!!

“We have a new matchmaking system, which takes into account the skill and size of your Clan at the beginning of the War. You don’t want to get one group with 100 people where they all play 15 hours a day versus a group of 100 people with four active players playing two hours a day. You’d get crushed; it wouldn’t be a good balance.”

Obviously, this isn't working out for most.  I've played all the Clan Wars and it's the same thing.  You start out strong, playing and winning consistently, then another clan passes over you without holding any nodes.

krysys1986

Its not even giving us wins at all or showing up .and we kept 5 and I'm one of the ones that was kept.