14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 12:31 AM by half-megatron RSS

Attack Dogs are OP

drunkenroyalty

Why is it that dogs can eat half a mag and still eat your face but players eat 2 shots and keel over dead? I dont understand how they could make such an over powered killstreak only 5 kills. Its is beyond annoying besting players and then taking it up the butt from their unkillable stupid dog. This killstreak is like martydom on steroids.

YET ANOTHER thing infinity ward tried to do that was new that is absolutely horrid.

AND FIX THE SPAWNS YOU SCRUB PROGRAMMERS.

• Re: Attack Dogs are OP
    ghamorra

I don't like how the Dog is implemented. It's a brilliant idea but unless you have a full auto you're dead. Also, it keeps a really low profile when moving about the map and with all the variations in map leveling and how tightly the hug the edges.

A perfect example of why I don't like the Guard Dog is when I killed a guy via sniper. It was a long range kill across the map on Whiteout. This guy had a dog who immediately took off after me immediately following the kill. Like always, after each kill I get I move between 3 points in the general area. I moved from inside the popular sniping window in the cabin looking over the ship and ledge to the left of the cabin. I ran outside across the dock and by the time I go into position the dog ran undetected across the map and lunged killing me, as always, far before he reached me.

Another example is getting 8 hit markers with a pistol and still dying, but we've all had that experience multiple times.

Thesandman

I play mostly HC and the dogs take a core amount of bullets to die. That is wrong, but what can IW do? Its too strong now, but if it was nerfed then it would be useless. Maybe making it a 9 point streak rather than 5 would help.

ghamorra

Thesandman wrote:

I play mostly HC and the dogs take a core amount of bullets to die. That is wrong, but what can IW do? Its too strong now, but if it was nerfed then it would be useless. Maybe making it a 9 point streak rather than 5 would help.

I think making it's health 150% of a players health and upping the points to maybe 7 or 8. I think 9 might be too high. The dog stays in the game until he dies or the round ends, no other streak can claim that endurance.

VenserTheExiled

support squad mates vultures and night owls didn't make it to your list of endurance? night owls HP is pretty immense, along with a squad mate, especially for HC. ive had my vulture follow me longer than a dog and survive longer.

big things that make dogs OP IMO

1. spawning the dog while an enemy is near, 9 times out of 10 my dog has spawned launching in the air at the enemy from around corners.

2. the dog's leap distance seems greater than what it looks like to be killed by one. it's like the knife lunge but increased by 3-5 meters. which makes a pretty big difference when im trying to reload / recover from possibly taking out the dog's owner prior to killing the dog.

3. K9 practically has Dead Silence, the only time i hear the enemy dog is when it's pissed off killing people.

there are a lot more issues, but these to me seem up there in why the dog is unbalanced.

PistolLustHD

I agree totally. I can deal with how many bullets it can take, but what i cant stand is the fact that if you even snipe someone out, it will fukcing run across the entire map to find and kill you. Seriously, it's like you're getting punished for killing someone. It's EXACTLY Martyrdom on steroids. There's no reason you should lose your kill streak because you killed a guy with a dog. The worst part is that you can't even combat it with a perk or anything, it's pretty much tough sh*t if you kill a guy with a dog.

VenserTheExiled

the best counter ive found for the dog so far is walk up some stairs if you're near any. every time the dog like zigzag walks up the steps, when before on the ground the dog is running like a maniac, but as soon as i hit any stairs, easy target, easy kill. of course the other problems you run into are killing the guy with the dog, and having room for more bullets, cause if you reload w/o SOH, the dog will jump you fast.

drunkenroyalty

Yeah every other killstreak can be neutralized by a perk EXCEPT for this one. I think they really dropped the ball on this one.

Devastator503

another idiotic statement here! The dogs are virtually useless... they die when you die. Complaining little girl.

Ghosts is a good game and peeps need to quit crying

Rich_J

For the most part I don't mind them, BUT I think they should make it so you can hear the dog walking around so you have some sort of warning. I know you can hear the dog growl at you, but it doesn't growl when you just killed its owner. So dog footstep sounds would help a lot.

Shadowelite555

I don't think the dogs are OP, but they are annoying. Sometimes my dog refuses to kill the person who killed me last. If the dogs took one or less mag to kill, then they will be effectiveless.

schwarzman1

The dogs are definitely difficult to kill.  I usually run with a sniper rifle and it takes 3 rounds to kill the dog and that's on hardcore.  Not sure if it takes more rounds on core modes.  Can you knife the dog?  In close quarters I try but can't seem to get the timing down.  However, I'm not a fan of nerfing anything in the game.  I think that leads to more problems than it's worth.

half-megatron

learn to stay away from vicious dogs like in real life and shoot from afar...i have been killed by dogs maybe 7 times.  Whatever you are doing you are doing it wrong.