12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 6:16 AM by Frenchy_68 RSS

How good do you think the bots are?

Beerhump

I've been playing the bots for a couple of weeks now learning the maps and weapons. I started on Regular level but now play them on Hardened and I tell you these dudes are slippery - for my skill level. They drop shot, jump shot, snipe, camp and frequently outsmart me. I love 'em and think IW has done a great job with the AI. The only complaint I have is that they have superhuman senses that mean they can see you coming through walls and instantly whip round and kill you if you're shooting them in the back and miss a shot which can be frustrating, but apart from that, they're great fun.

Do you guys like playing against them and how do they compare with human players? I'll be playing on line shortly - long story.

• Re: How good do you think the bots are?
    amathyx

bots are better than 99% of the human players

NaTuReS_FrEaK

those superhuman powers you are talking about is them just simply using very very good magical heaadsets which they use to hear your footsteps, ill say the bots in this game even on recruit are tough lol or maybe its just the hit detection, im just amazed at how a simple hit detection could change everything so much

Schoat333

I had a 49-0 DOM game with 12 captures in squads on regular AI. I then played a game with the AI set to veteran, and went 18-12 in KC. Decided to try multiplayer, and go 3-12 in the first game.

Unfortunately, being good against bots will not simply translate to good in multiplayer. Especially if you are dumped into a lobby against a party of players that are working together.

NaTuReS_FrEaK

You won't automatically become good online by playing against the bots, because the bots follow a simple path until you shoot or walk past them and derail them off their path, online each player has its own mind and before you know it a player can be behind you and then another player can kill you from some where else, overall the bots do help you a little, if you play against harder bots they increase your reflex and aim, cause getting that first shot against a bot that never misses is most likely the difference between your death and life, and when you go online after mastering this you will kill players faster they can yell "IM GETTING SHOT AT, IM DEAD NOW"

Ateo1988

I haven't played against the bots yet, but I hope they are better than in BO2. The only thing that irritated me in BO2 bots was that even on the hardest difficulty, they were laughable, but after you hit a certain streak, they suddenly buffed and would just drop the hammer. I hate when games cheat for their own NPCs. Like in GTA, you can have the fastest car and get chased by the cops, but they are gaining on you FAST even when you are at top speed. Ridiculous.

Gerbera

The thing that annoyed me most about BO2 bots was that, even on Recruit difficulty, loitering aerial killstreaks are USELESS. The moment you call in a UAV, Counter UAV, Stealth Chopper, Lodestar, or VTOL Warship, any bot with a Launcher will be on them instantly (as in taking out the Launcher and knowing exactly where they are to aim at) and they'll barely last a few seconds. Only the VTOL Warship has somewhat of a chance if you keep moving it around, but even then...yeah...

While it has never been shot down, they DO try to shoot the Warthog down with their guns as it makes its passes, even when it's making its turnaround at its farthest distance. The Ghosts bots are much better in that regard as the only aerial killstreak they actually try to shoot down is the Helo Scout (and just with their guns), at least on Recruit difficulty.

I don't play the bots for practice though. I play them because I actually have more fun against them than humans (lag, cheaters, hackers, etc). I'm also no master of the game, so it gives me a chance to enjoy using the higher killstreaks and K.E.M. Strike  that I'd probably rarely, if ever, get if I played against humans.

Ateo1988

PLEASE, SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A HAND! I love your honesty and willingness to admit that you may not be the best player out there. As of now my K/D is 1.35, so I am not terrible, but I know when I have been beat. The difference between you and me is we can take getting killed and just being like "eh." There are not enough honest, good people like you brother. And yes, the HUMANS are ruining the game as they do everything else. I find myself hating more and more about this world everyday. When did people quit being honest? or Humble? Or really care about one another? Me and my wife volunteer at a local shelter for the downtrodden and it pisses me off the amount of people who make a donation just for the tax write off. And no, I am not looking for applause because I volunteer, I am just using it as an example. Just play and have fun, integrity intact!

Gerbera

Yeah, it feels like a lot of people are treating online multiplayer more and more as some gigantic worldwide competition with some huge prize/prestige on the line. If that were the case, I could understand such huge competitiveness...but it's not. And even with small tournaments that may be held, shouldn't losing make one look at themselves more than others by showing that there are still "better" people (yes, there are corner campers and such) out there, and that they can still do better or perhaps think that maybe they need to adjust how they play in order to overcome the obstacles giving them trouble rather than constantly try to blame everyone/everything else, demanding the developers "fix things" for them?

But most of the time, it's just a game that people most likely bought just for themselves to play in their own time, like I did. That's not to say that one should jump for joy if they die/lose "all the time", I can understand that sort of frustration, but you just respawn and continue playing. After all, as brought up a few times on other threads, it's not like having a really high K/D or W/L ratio or anything will make you famous or gain you much in real life (which also makes me pity such people who feel they need to hack and cheat to win).

Frenchy_68

I've been following a similar track, I am only playing Squads except my skill level is lower; I started on Recruit and am now playing on Regular.  I think that anyone commenting on the Bots skills need to play many matches before they can judge them because how the Bots behave can vary a lot between matches.

I've had a few matches when the Bots were easier but I also had matches when these Bots were crazy good.

I find that the Bots have the advantage where there are shrubs and grass; they seem to see right through these obstacles like it was not even there.  I saw many kill cams when the bots kills me and all that you can see is the shrub or grass but they still shoot right at me.  And I'm talking long shots too so it's not only that they heard my footsteps.  These Bots can have superman vision.

I enjoy playing Squads because for the most part it offers a well balanced match.