36 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 2:51 PM by Tattoo247 RSS

Jimmy continues to troll us.

sasukeJAuchiha

So mr. Jimmy Z tweeted out something today. Same ol' cryptic stuff telling us to find and open stuff that's not there.

https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy/statuses/408724399915671552

• Re: Jimmy continues to troll us.
    Chucky6661

Yup, I was just reading that! First thought was the room near power on transit, second thought was, jimmy is a d1ck

Chucky6661

But FairPlay to him he knows how to get ur curiosity going though

DeathBringer-Zen

Don't waste your time with it man... no one else is. It is most likely a poor attempt at getting us to go back and play the god awful Black Ops 2 again. He is not even giving us an idea of what map he is talking about. We assume Tranzit, but it could be Origins, or Buried, or even Ascension or Verruckt!?! Too vague tbh. He might not even be talking about zombies at all!

Thinking about it... when have any of these nursery rhymes he puts out ever amounted to anything?

sasukeJAuchiha

He's obviously talking about the bunker in Nuketown.

Chucky6661

Wouldnt it be ace if there really was something still undiscovered after all the sh1t we give jimmy z, I remember it took years for people to find the EE in the first mortal kombat, where u could fight reptile on a certain stage, I can't remember how to do it though. What's the best hidden EE you've ever experienced? my old man said donkey kong had one that took 25 years to find! and it was just some initials lol! Sounds like a troll even 3arc would be proud of

boybad

I think you are right, we need to go back and play donkey kong.

Chucky6661

I Been playing PAC man lately, the champion deluxe version on PSN store, it's really good. And I completed the "impossible game" the title gives it away but DAMN that was the hardest game I have ever played, addictive tho. But to stay on topic... Jimmy is a douche

DeathBringer-Zen

Wouldnt it be ace if there really was something still undiscovered after all the sh1t we give jimmy z, I remember it took years for people to find the EE in the first mortal kombat, where u could fight reptile on a certain stage, I can't remember how to do it though. What's the best hidden EE you've ever experienced? my old man said donkey kong had one that took 25 years to find! and it was just some initials lol! Sounds like a troll even 3arc would be proud of

Sorry dude, but that is not true. Reptile was discovered in the Arcade version within just a few weeks, and it was already known before the Mega-Drive/Genesis version dropped. He was found by using only kicking attacks on the Pit stage, but it had to go 3 rounds and not take any damage on the 2 rounds you would win, and you had to finish it with a finisher, so you would intentionally lose the first round only to then with by jump kicking or sweeping  I remember fondly going into the arcades to play that very game in 92'. Good times indeed.

There is however literally hundreds of undiscovered EE's in games... especially older games for the NES, SNES, Atari and Sega systems. The best one I ever found was on Terminator 2 on the NES console. I died on the last mission and got hit with the game over screen. In a rage, I ferociously battered the buttons and it said "continue", only it took me to a different level I had never seen before that was set in the future. I heard it was a level that got cut from the game and the decided to include it as an EE. I never found out how I did it to this day, and cannot find anything online about it, but it DID happen and I had witnesses at the time. lol.

Chucky6661

ah, took me years to find out about it, Im not sure if I accidentally found one on sonic for mega drive, or it was bugging out but sonic turned into a bunch of stars and basically had the super sonic effect from sonic 3 permanently till the end of the level

DeathBringer-Zen

That was most likely the debug cheat. It was like the level select cheat where you hit 'Up, Down, Left, Right, A+Start', but instead, you hit 'Up, C, Down, C, Left, C, Right, C, A+Start'. The game would start normally on round 1 but if you paused it and hit C, you could cycle through all the various sprites in game and one of them gave you permanent invincibility.

I used to use it and lay out lots of rings and various power up TV's and then smash them all before starting to play.

There was some good EE's in games like Pitfall the Mayan Adventure, Robocop vs Terminator, Puggsy, Wiz n Liz and others. I used to love searching games for them back then. Don't care so much about EE's these days except for zombies, and unfortunately they have gotten lame and predictable.

I would love some transparency from Jimmy regarding his 'alcohol fueled' tweets. If he is talking about Tranzit, he should at least say so. I don't really fancy trailing through all the maps again chasing shadows that are not even there.

Chucky6661

That must've been it, I used to use the first cheat so maybe I accidently entered the second one. As to Jimmy's tweets, they are very tantalising, almost enough to get me looking again, but like you said when has his tweets ever amounted to results in-game. But you never know he may end up having the last laugh! I'm gunna crash now so I I just wanna add that I don't think he's a d1ck I was just joking around

reluctent

Trust me, I think i've checked every corner of TranZit and no easter egg is there besides tower of babble. However there was something I found at town after completing the easter egg. Shot the door at the laundry matt in town a ton of times and energy zaps around the place like a firework show. Whatever it is, I believe its linked to this and the TV at farm, somethings hidden but yet people have not yet uncovered it. Jimmy may be telling the truth that there is something hidden but because Activision have built up such a bad ego after Black ops 2, nobody believes him. I'm going to say something, TranZit is bigger than we know, when we turn on the power, an alarm sounds. But if you go outside near the lava, you can hear a second one exactly the same somewhere else. The random facility in the mist, must have a way into it, it has an alarm sound coming from it so it must be accessible. Look left before arriving at power and you'll see the facility I'm talking about. Treyarch are hiding something, and they've hidden it damn well.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yeah, we tore Tranzit apart from Nov through to Jan. We did everything possible on that map. We tried every combination of lamps during the Maxis ToB, and EMP'd evry single inch. We are also aware of the beams that come from the laundr-o-mat door, and Platypus even found the source of a few of them.

There is nothing that we did not try. You name it, we tried it. We did everything possible with the Church too. The facility you speak of is not accessible unfortunately. When you roam around the map without the fog you can see the area is just behind the train, so technically you could get into the area, but there is just a basic building in there. When you go behind the bus station, you can walk up the path and you see the background is just a 2D wall so looks terrible, thus ruling out being able to go there legitimately.

I still think it could be possible for there to be more to Tranzit, though how much more is the question. Like Cheese said... it could be just a picture or a Dev's initials.

Chucky6661

The lights only occur on xbox. Highly unlikely they are anything but a bug and trust me I was not suggesting there is another EE on tranzit. Plus you say you searched every corner of that map there are no more EEs and then go on to say you think there actually IS something on the map?! I was just saying I wouldn't be surprised as EEs have taken years to cone out in other games

Chucky6661

however I just thought about there being 3 towers we had to complete and there are 3 orbs if I'm correct, and upon completion of the EE on these maps the avatar for the said map glowed orange, although a sh1t tonne of experimentation took place on tranzit I suspect very little has been done after buried was released, along with the final tower... I will try a few things out with my friends soon just to quell my curiosity lol, any ideas

PeterPanzer903

Can we just start a petition to remove Jimmy? Or at the very least get him to quit being such a loser with all these damn cryptic pieces of bullshit...it's not funny....maybe it does mean something, but why can't he just come out and tell us. Or at least tell us there is indeed something we are overlooking. These half ass "hints" aren't clever, especially if they aren't even a reference to zombies.....IMPEACH JIMMY NOW!!

JamiSan

If there is nothing new or nothing significant to newly discover than this post of jimmy's is downright unproffesional, what programmer actively makes fun of his fan base and gets away with it.. Activision? Treyarch?

Now comes the addict in me fiending for another fix... I had once posted my thoughts on what a goldmine of social media buzz zombies was sitting on without ever cashing in... to add or reveal something in the game ...waylater than anyone anticipated, in a game SO filled with mystery and controversy... would give them such Buzz in today's connected world, thatI often find myself shocked that it has not happened yet ( in this or any other game ) .

So maybe...just maybe (even us skeptics have to admit the possibility) they opted to do that 1 week of extra work to make the most memorable moment in gaming history.

If not.. they leave the door wide open for competition to be the NEXT conspiracy themed EE laced zombie adventure game.

p.s. DBZ , GRRR, Cobalt, Gulf, Rendon, all , my zombie compatriots,  I still need the ultimate origins experience, so if you see me and want to run a game, let me know.

DeathBringer-Zen

Hey Jamie. I think you might have removed me from your Friends List, but I am more than happy to run Origins with you. Adam has not been on live for over 3 months. Either way, I am playing Origins a lot right now and will be on again this afternoon if you want to join me for a long one. I will add you again when I get home.

Regarding your post... bravo mate, I couldn't have put it better myself. I so what to go back in searching for more but without a little bit more information, it leaves us a little vague. I will say this though... Platypus phones 3arc directly and spoke to one of the devs, who he grilled for well over 30 minutes. He only got one piece of juicy info from them, and that was this...

Plat : Are the Orbs and Beams on Tranzit a graphical glitch?

Dev : No, they are NOT a glitch! That is all I can say. Good luck.

Take from it what you will, but it has left both him and me, very intrigued!

CSAWWWWW

This got the gears turning... I started thinking about the Moon references in Tranzit- the sign on the building, the missle landing in the bowling alley with the four colors from Simon/Samantha says (or whatever you'd call it), which got me thinking about the four tubes you need to fill doing the EE on Moon. From what I'm aware, there are four orb locations-- tower, town streetlight, box @ diner, box @ depot. Anyone tried to "stay close" to them and have a kill frenzy to see if they change anyhow, or change spots?

Just a thought. I briefly looked at the contents here, but I'm at work and shouldn't get busted rockin' the forum

Edit: Which, when connected on the handy Tranzit map, creates a pretty cool looking pyramid

Cheesegrater28

If they just simply said, there is more to Tranzit, then I'd be back there in a heart beat spending countless hours ripping that map apart. I don't really want a clue as to what's there, just to know there is something more there. And not just a small logo on a wall somewhere or something stupid. But something worth finding, even if it was just another scrap of paper in pieces. Its hard to trust the orbs and beams not being a glitch when ps3 doesn't have the beams And when the orbs seem to be impossible to get to spawn at will. And it's hard to trust them when they seem to brag about how we missed stuff in other games and maps.

But if they just said there was something, I'd be back to shooting the hell out of that door and turning on power after doing random things and every other dumb thing I could think of. But as much as a want believe Jimmy's tweet means there is more to zombies, again I can't trust someone who seemed to be laughing at us by giving out empty hints before and then Origins making fun of Route B. But I will say plats phone call has peaked my interest. Would like to ask him about it. If you guys think there is something to it, I'm in for going back to Tranzit.

And I went back to check that Sketchin EE months ago, Zen. Sat there for a little over 20 mins, but sure enough it happened. Good find Cause I never heard that one. Still waiting for people to find those elusive pervert EEs for mortal kombat and tomb raider.

DeathBringer-Zen

Hahaha, yeah the Skitchin' EE totally caught me by surprise when I first saw it. Was pretty funny. I remember reading an article one of the Core Design Dev's put out regarding the 'Naked Lara' cheat, and he said it was a myth... of sorts. It was actually only accessible using an Action Replay card and was just the original model before the clothing textures where added, so there was no nips on the breasts. lol.

Regarding Tranzit... I would have been at it all night last night if Jimmy had actually said something in the tweet he put out that suggested he was actually talking about Tranzit. He could easily be talking about Origins, seeing as it is the newest map, and also had more chance of still having stuff hidden within in.

I don't know what to think about the orbs and beams thing. Yeah, they still cannot be seen on PS3 as far as I know, so that does to make me instantly think "Glitch!", but the orbs just seem to prominent. They pop out the box frequently as if to suggest that something from the box is required for something specific. I also think their placements seem  to be deliberate. They only appear on areas that transmit the morse code. The seem to be pointing out the morse code for a reason. Maybe they are not interactive but are actually telling us to follow the clues.

Either way, I still don't have a passion to go in and waste hours chasing shadows, but I am not going to lie, I am very tempted. Damn that bastardo Jimmy!

FlyingPlatapus

True story about the developer. I'm not sure what the hell it means though. He never said the beams did anything, he just said they are not a glitch. I went in with yoda and tried a couple of things, but were stopped short of our real quest due to toys a lagging out. I still have a couple of ideas I'm planing on trying, but I too, don't have much hope, or enthusiasm.

DarkMega

JimmyZ can go f*ck himself for all I care the dude is a douche troll. Wish they could replace him honestly all he does is troll the fans and not give a sh*t.

formallyKNOWNasLukey

Call me intrigued or lukey up to you. It's possible that while the campaign team made origins jimmy's team was ordered to put something more in transit as a last ditch attempt to save zombies reputation. For me if there is anything I'm gonna let other people find it, the variables have increased since we all tried millions of things on transit to go back and try em all again would be painful eg. maybe one of the things we tried might now work if we done the button pushing on buried or its something simple like the power station door now opens up to the train station or a bus route B or,,,,, sh!t the list is never ending

DeathBringer-Zen

For me if there is anything I'm gonna let other people find it

This.

I would not go back into Tranzit for a roam around again unless I had something more concrete to go on. If they have added something new like allowing the power door to open, it would feel tainted because it was a feature added later on, and would not have the same spark to it in my opinion.

I would still enjoy the hunt, but I don't want it to be just a door that opens... I want it to be deeper than that. Still... the community was just as active in the hunt for more with Ascension, and they did not go back and add anything in to that map.

Either way, unless Jimmy is more conclusive with his tweets, I am still not going in to search. Too many hours wasted already... even if it was fun doing it.

DarkMega

All the times wasted in the fog man hearing those denizens. It was the biggest slap in the face especially how in November Tranzit was already annoying and Jimmy knew it was getting a negative review he tried to keep us in the map by lying about the easter egg having a part 2 to it.

JamiSan

I feel like we all just collectively slept with an bad ex-girlfriend, and now we are trying to justify it...

While I am not excited about hours of searching, I am genuinely pumped about talking about zombies again.

Like what map is the hint about ( if it is even anything at all ) . Based on the tweet Tranzit is most likely because of "going back"  But it could be origins, or... Buried because of the box.

Have we exhausted all the :"conflicted" tests. i.e. Both colors lit up the tower. Does this matter on tranzit, or more likely does the buried box button do something different with a specific blue/red order ?

Oh why Oh why do I keep taking you back...

formallyKNOWNasLukey

We'll put.

Its defiantly got my brain going again, like what if you do all the towers but don't push the button and go back to transit for a propper ending for the new crew..... Again the variables are never ending

Fuk it I'm going to play tranzit and just wonder around see if randoms have got better lol

JamiSan

they have not

DeathBringer-Zen

Yeah, it may be for nothing, but I am going to go in tonight and do all the EE's again and leave the end game box alone while I look around Tranzit. Even if it is a lost cause, it gives me an excuse to go back and revisit the maps.

Off topic, now that Origins has came and went, it never did explain why there was 2 endings to MotD!? Why is there a choice? It does not seem to affect the game either way. There really is so much potential within the game for there to be more to it based on combinations we choose.

formallyKNOWNasLukey

JamiSan when your right your right......last man standing at Lv12

DBZ I'd always thought it would play a part but yet more missed opportunity's from 3arch I think.

I just started getting in to origins ( only played it for a weekend when it came out and went back to gta, it was also a bit soul destroying watching the cut scene a month before it came to ps3) but already I feel like there is more to it.... Richtofen keeps saying he knows who samantha is and he won't help her but yet he does help her....  Could just be my greed but I want more routes in the easter egg, like the rest of the O4 keep saying there here to bring richtofen in but don't.

Having maxis dead is just a mind fuk, is it maxis from buried or maxis from ww1. The only way iv made the story work in my head is, the cut scene is a metaphor for agartha and with maxis dead and Sam not being born the next game will be richtofen's version of the same story.... Then I have a nosebleed as essentialy it's all bs

BurningFighter

***GUYS! NEWS!!***

If you look at Zielinski's twitter, I (WwwWario as my Twitter and Youtube username is) asked him a question earlier today. I asked him if he just could give us a "Yes" or "No" to the "Is-there-more-to-Tranzit" question. This is what he answered:

"yes or no... come on you set me up!"

I've now asked him again to give us a "No" if there isn't anything, and just something else if the answer is "yes". No answer from him (yet).

So, he didn't give a clear "No". Whatcha think, pals?

Chucky6661

I think go and have a look with the forefront thing in your mind being having a laugh with your mates, if you find summut then happy days, all evidence points towards his tweet being useless

Megadog14

I think he just doesn't want to admit how they haven't put anything in/ how little Tranzit had to begin with.

Tattoo247

I think he is an ******* that can't formulate a simple answer without trying to act like the riddler! He doesn't deserve the position he is in and if the game fails, it's because he made the fans sick of this deciphering bullcrap. It's a lot of fun to find clue IN GAME and find all the secrets out, but why do we have to decode everything he says, it's not even clever.

You'll never get a straight answer out of him, he drums up BS to keep peoples minds in the game, I personally am done playing along, it used to just be about the game, now it's just loaded with pointless messages that almost always end up being less informative than expected. If we ever find out what the hell he is talking about, it will not be anything ground breaking. He's just grabbing at straws to keep eyes on him, my opinion anyway

C_Dogg_

It seems everyone believes jimmy z refers to TranZit in his tweet, i hope there is more to it as well but...

Has anyone else noticed a change to nuketown zombies since the last update?

Seems to me Juggernog comes before round 10 almost every time now, where it hardly ever came before round 10 before the last dlc. Perhaps "Follow the signs" refers to the "bike, treyarch, nuclear" symbols on the ntz sign.

By the same logic if they updated nuketown zombies, they may have also updated TranZit to give us the endgame/open door we were promised.