31 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 4:17 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

The more I play Sovereign

Lucent76

The more I hate that map.

I have 40 hours game time and its still a maze and the gun fights for the most part random or you can camp.

It actually makes Hijacked look good and I thought it was bad.

At least you could use tactics on Hijacked and it wasn't a

maze.

• Re: The more I play Sovereign
    Adam1234567893

Yes sitting at the front of the enemy's spawn is lots of strategy and tactic you have 0.001% chance of being killed once you are in front of the enemy's spawn making the gun battles so intense. *Cough* sarcasm Hijacked was a garbage map no matter what anyone says it didn't tactic or skill or strategy it only took sitting in front of their spawn oh no that's so hard.

Lucent76

Yeah well I still reckon Hijacked takes more tactics then running around a maze and randomly encountering other players like Sovereign. The hands down worst map I have played in any COD.

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Yes sitting at the front of the enemy's spawn is lots of strategy and tactic you have 0.001% chance of being killed once you are in front of the enemy's spawn making the gun battles so intense. *Cough* sarcasm Hijacked was a garbage map no matter what anyone says it didn't tactic or skill or strategy it only took sitting in front of their spawn oh no that's so hard.

the same could really be said about any map on just about any FPS game, even giant ones like planet side 2

Adam1234567893

Um I never had spawn issue problems on any other maps except Hijacked and Nuketown and sometimes Havana all people did on those maps was sit in front of the enemy spawn and spawn kill on all game modes.

GcP

Exactly! They knew where to be to be and how far to push up in order for that to happen. Its learning the game and studying what people do in situations. that whats seperates the good from the great

Adam1234567893

Okay I am going to learn the coding of this game and hack it. Or I am going to learn the boosting spots in Infected and boost with my split screener. Seriously spawn exploitation is no better then hacking the game or boosting. There is no skill involved or tactic or learning the game how you put it. It's all just an exploit and it got old fast. I miss when Call of Duty was fun instead of being some wannabe competitive garbage game with no identity to what kind of actual game it was.

GcP

I have been playing call of duty for a long time and ive put my hours into this one already as well. To be quite honest its not much different, a lot of people are just way to quick judge and complain. you all ever think that maybe if you all weren't so busy changing the game for certain things that annoy you, then you could get used to the game and all the perks to every weapon/perk/lethal/etc. Anyways all imm saying is this game isn't hard you all are just making it hard. Ive played with a team of 4 plus most of the time on the game which I can say makes it a lot more fun because you don't have to worry about quickscopers or trolls which in my opinion ruins games but I cant do anything about it sooooo I improvise and only play with a team. Oh and if you think that knowing where teams going to spawn and being able to set up so that you can make them spawn where you want isn't skill, you sir have no chance at being good and im going to guess all you do is run around aimlessly for objective instead of making a smart push or helping your teammates to play obj when its the right time. Thankyou

Adam1234567893

Bet you can't win with out spawn exploitation. And no I don't I could take my time while being spawn camped and still die at spawn I mean who has the reflexes and internet good enough to kill someone in 0.01 seconds cause that's how fast you die at spawn when being spawn killed. I don't care if I am good player this game is suppose to be an arcade game I shouldn't have to the best player in the world to have fun. Nice rusher insult shows how mature you are. You are a typical spawn exploit the minute you detect a threat to your easy kills you attack them with a rusher insult just so typical. What's the matter can't win without knowing where the enemy is at? Can't win without making the other team trapped in their spawn? Why don't you try being aware of your surroundings for once instead spawn killing and thinking you are so good. I bet if the spawns couldn't be exploited you would go 0 and 90 every time. I mean it's like you arguing with a hacker telling him that his hacks are cheap and cheating and then turns around and says you some garbage rusher who doesn't know how to play then he says if you get good you can kill him while he's hacking. Spawn exploitation is no different then hacking or boosting and no I don't rush like an idiot I just wanna be able to get out of my spawn with out being spawn killed.

SitRepPro

I don't see too much of an issue of a spawn trap which can be got out of but if players are ADSing waiting for a player to spawn, like Birdman on YT, then that's a big issue for me.  While I've never been put in that situation it is wrong because there was no fair engagement.  You may as well be killed by a hacker using invisibility mode.  A way round it is to grant killed players invisibility for 5 seconds to seek a safe area if they need it but they cannot use their gun etc whilst being invisible, which I believe is how spawns operate in CS: GO.

ps3noob

ISit reminds me of that map for the original mw just a lot worse

Bielsalmighty

Yeah I'm not a fan of Sovereign either. Dont like the way it plays at all. Yuck.

iHattoriHanzo0

Its an odd map. The colors and the confusion. Much better than Free Fall at the moment.

But Highjacked is pretty close to my all time most hated map.

jasonwojo

At least hijacked had some action. I think I ran around for what had felt like 5 minutes looking for someone only to be killed by a camper in a dark corner. if you play sovereign against a bunch of campers it is by far the worst map I played. Of course this just my opinion.

riksterinto

When I get that map, I try to avoid the main control room and then I do OK.  There are too many flank routes and camping spots in that area so it's just luck if you spot someone first or not.

Unterhopft

Yes, Sovereign is the worst map, IMO.

The symmetricality combined with how the entire map environment looks the same combined with terrible spawns makes for an unpleasant experience.

GcP

Im sorry but I cant agree hijacked and sovereign are bad maps. They are by far the easiest to spawn kill and know where enemies are going to be... If you all would spend time learning the maps instead of complaining to change them you might actually be able to play on them.

madtactics

I like Sovereign because it's one of the faster paced maps, and I tend to get a lot of enemy contact in it.  I think it's nice to have some more CQC oriented maps to contrast some of the larger maps. 

E7XTerminator

What bothers me about Sovereign is the Sabotage care package. Unless someone is in the tunnel underneath, it won't get a kill, but the worst part is the gas cloud has just as much effect on your team as the enemy. Unless you're running with thermal, of course. If anyone in my party gets it now, we just don't call it in.

FishyDizzle

It didnt bother me until I read this thread then I start thinking about how annoying it is everytime I play it now lol.SOOO MUCH BLUE

WKMMS

I don't particularly like Soverign's design, but what's most annoying about it to me is "Friendly Halon Gas Activated"... what genius came up with a map that blinds you for 60 seconds?

rankismet

Lucent76 wrote:

The more I hate that map.

I have 40 hours game time and its still a maze and the gun fights for the most part random or you can camp.

It actually makes Hijacked look good and I thought it was bad.

At least you could use tactics on Hijacked and it wasn't a

maze.

Sovereign totally feels like it was a leftover BO2 map...

... it stinks.

r33k

this map is STILL better than FLOODED.

Audiophile

Call me crazy but I don't mind either Sovereign or Flooded - of course, I play Hardcore Domination almost exclusively. One map that has quickly become one of my least liked is Siege......takes nearly the entire match just to find people and their camping spots.