30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 2:27 PM by deamonomic RSS

Riot shield C4 combo

deamonomic

hey all normally Im not one to complain or ask for tweakings or nerfings. I usually find a way to deal with whatever it is. And Im not going to ask for such here. What I would like is to discuss riot shields with C4. As it stands right now I feel that they are a tiny bit overpowered. In past installments you had to expose yourself to throw c4 at the enemy, thus giving them an equal chance to kill you. But now, you dont, you throw your c4 around the shield. Now even this normally wouldnt be a problem except for specific game modes like search and rescue.

I was playing clan wars the other day and we ran into a team of 4 using riot shields and C4. they stayed together and were able to beat us. even if we were to kill one or 2 of them they would hide behind their riot shields and recover their teammates tags. And if we tried to confirm them they just tossed 4 packs of C4 at us or however many they had.

So with that all said, how would you deal with this? as for me I decided to put blast shield on and rush the riot shield guy. While this would work against one of them it doesnt work so well against 4.

• Re: Riot shield C4 combo
    ps3noob

YYes this is  now VERY common don't bother with blast shield they run danger close

bbest way to counter is to find a leverage spot and force them to come to you use ied yes there cheap but effective

uuse a sniper or assult rifle DO NOT rush them flanking works well

i am a huge sar player so any help just ask

Bielsalmighty

Maybe thats why C4's range has had such a large nerf. Might try this at some point, just to be a douche

EDIT: Also, D'S ASKING FOR A NERF LMAOOOOOOOO, CRYBABY WAAAAAAAAAAAA BOOHOOOOOO GET GOOD BAD KID *runs*

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Those Riot Shields are also equipped with the Motion Detector so they can see you guys coming from any direction.

I say fight fire with fire. Use a dedicated long range explosive class.

riksterinto

Panzer and Noob Tubes with Danger Close and extra lethal.  Stoop to their level

ObeySwag420

Encountered this a lot in league play, but with some coordination with my teammates we were easily able to beat it.

You have to let them come to you. Sometimes you have to give up a round (probably defense) but you will win the match eventually.

The way to do it is to spread all of your people out and they have to prone in the most obscure spots on the map that are well hidden and no one ever looks. Once the riot shield group is spotted, your teammates can move in for the kill from all angles while whoever got the attention of the riot shield group is back peddling the whole time to avoid their C4 and shooting them occasionally to distract them and keep their attention.

Eventually your whole team will converge on them and they'll just crumble immediately.

edit: I forgot to mention that if the riot shield group passes by one of your teammates hiding, the teammate should immediately try to kill all of them from the backside. Most riot shield groups look forward until they feel they are in the open and can get flanked.

nuttin2say

deamonomic ... is asking ... for a nerf???

I'ma go back to bed and wake up on the other side. Something's not right here.

ItsTrue13

Riot shield users are annoying more than likely there just used as a decoy.and when you try to leave and kill there teammates they pull out there secondary and kill you.The call of duty community is horrible

Bielsalmighty

Yeah I ran into this last night. The C4 tossing animation really doesn't reveal much of them at all does it?! O.O

Better set up a danger close n00b t00b class *sigh*

r33k

shoot them in the feet. unlike BO2, crouching still exposes your feet. i found this out the hard way trying to run a sheild class.

nuttin2say

r33k wrote:

shoot them in the feet. unlike BO2, crouching still exposes your feet. i found this out the hard way trying to run a sheild class.

It would be hard for me to believe what I am about to say is some sort of "secret," but as many times as I've played Nuketown, I've not seen anyone else do what I'm about to say.

SECRET REVEALED ...

You can shoot UNDER cars at people's feet to kill them.

Edgemer

I disagree on them being over powered. Two fold, one I have been Knifed through my shield and shot straight through it (not shooting my feet or an appendage sticking out.) Two is c4, yes the c4 is deadly in this game but only when it hits. It you don't know what I mean then you probably haven't runs c4 yet in this game. Yesterday alone i had 15 different instances of litterally smacking someone in the face with my c4 only to have it do NOTHING! that's right no hit marker, no kill, just me getting killed for infinity wards lack of decent servers or collision detection.

phxs72

Against a 4 man group, I'm not sure what to tell you but I did find blast shield to be rather helpful against a 2 man group.  That and staying back what I could.  Generally I was able to drop at least one of them and sometimes both but you need a gun that will kill quickly.  Also as someone else said, packing an IED also helps if you can get it behind them.

crome420

Ha. You ran across a team that was organized - annoying indeed, but organized. Best bet is to not play them and move on, or have your team try a similar strategy - fight fire with fire. Most people hate when they come across teams like this, but it's actually pretty fun. Very competitive and nerve-racking. Just forget about it being win or lose and have fun with it. Set a goal of defeating them by creating overcoming strategies. Once you do win, you get a great sense of accomplishment. And don't talk smack to them once you do win, congratulate them on being so competitive and hard to defeat and ask for a re-match.

CurliestRogue0

I've yet to see a shield/c4 team specifically, but I absolutely agree with your observation about these "annoying" team strategies can be fun to play against -- uually I find them to be a nice changeup in gameplay.  E.g., a team of campers -- finding their flaw, converging on their camp spot from multiple angles as a team, etc, instead of just running around the maps looking for badguys like usual.

silvasnipa

Already played a team of 4 doing this myself, probably my first few games of s&d. Personally, I have no problem saying it deserves a nerf, just like IED. It all is a bunch of tools used mainly by players with no gun skill who sit stationary. I'm not a huge player of MLG gametypes, but you'll notice it isn't included there. Why? Because it really has a lower threshold of skill than using guns. Whenever the solution to a strategy involves a "well you should've made one specific class with like 1 specific perk or done that thing first" type of response it is blatantly obvious that skill has gone out the window. Skill is at least somewhat transferable between guns, gametypes, and maps. How well does this riot shield tactic work in any game mode with respawns? Not nearly as well I am certain. Greater skill should always be connected to the winning team. Yet it isn't so in this case, so why pretend?

silvasnipa

Additionally, I'll mention that this is the same exact kind of responses kids used to say in MW2 when a whole team decided to use scavenger or OMA and noob tube. Everyone knows that was terrible, and you don't see that combination still nearly as effective in titles made since then. The skill cap in call of duty should always be tied to player movement and gun skill as closely as possible. Force people to aim a gun and place shots correctly, get rid of things which undermine that.

Adam1234567893

Weren't you one of the ones who told people to adapt to the Worm? I mean it's no different then what these people are doing only the people who were using the Worm had infinite explosives and tacticals and had guns and they weren't exposed as much. Here's what I do when I encounter them I use a rocket with danger close and shoot it behind them they get so mad after I throw my C4 at them if they were using Blast Shield. lol They are easy targets because they are too slow to run away just find out what works against them the Riot Shields and C4s are fine. If anything this tactic is easier then Black Ops 2 because the fact they don't have infinite C4s or anything like that for that matter.

NoLifeKing32

Stay at long range with LMGs and surround them. Cut them down collect the tags. LMGs give those shield users no room to maneuver because of the constant shower of bullets and almost no damage drop off.

c16Gaming

This is very annoying. I am an avid S&D player and this is an outrage! I sometimes play bare bones with a knife in Search , its a fun alternative to run and gun, just to be killed half way out of spawn by a C4 because they have strong arm perk, Extra Lethal and C4 not to mention Amplify and takedown. Yes, it is somewhat easy to out smart them but still they can throw faster than people have time to react!

KeeganBB

What I do is I use a 9-Bang and semtex. if that doesn't work I just rush behind them

deamonomic

KeeganBB wrote:

What I do is I use a 9-Bang and semtex. if that doesn't work I just rush behind them

that was my first Idea but that doesnt work when there is another guy with a shield and his 2 AR buddies right behind him