33 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 4:08 PM by Momba1 RSS

How to avoid playing with cheaters?

YuriUA

How do you avoid playing with cheaters?

I tried going into spectating when joining a game to see weather there are any obvious ones, but it takes a while to see how players act, and I get kicked for inactivity before making a conclusion.

Any other ideas?

• Re: How to avoid playing with cheaters?
    FiveK

play with friend quit mp gaming if you cant  live with cheaters

JustBetter

yes because no dedi browser to find well admin'd (hehe like my spelling) regular servers to play on, your forced into p2p and geting randomly throw into a lobby(often times the lobby you just left because of aimbot), so your only option is find and entire team/clan/group to play in and play against the same people everytime.....forever lol

TG-ThoMz

I've got a beast PC, plays everything on ultra... spent $2800 on it.. never use it anymore.. bought a $180 xbox w/ $60 xim and actually enjoy playing again.

YuriUA

Same story - already spent around $3k on gaming PC and now I just want a dirt-cheap (compared to PC) console to play using KB+Mouse, without having to worry about cheaters. But buying Xbox One now will give me a small list of players, while getting 360 is a waste of money - I'll want One before 360 does the RROD trick.

Top-Jack

I did the same thing yrs back when I was in a clan,  was naive and believed these great players (my teammates) on PC were actually great. but then you soon discover they are just cheaters. You think they wouldn't be cheating you because they are older and sound experienced, But they are.

So after weeks of always getting annihilated by these guys (never had a chance) I started honing in on what makes them better and all I could come up with is, all my clan members shared this same glitch where they keep turning fast and stopping/locking on my position thru the wall or as soon as I enter the same space, (even in long distance) and when i'm playing the entire round in stealth mode, (I'm not on there radar, always moving in crouch mode) but still before they get to me in the few short seconds of killcam they flick/turn to my position at least once. and some cases 2 or 3 quick flicks to my position through the wall before the kill. So when I started questioning there legitimacy they all suddenly jumped on (we have awesome pc's, internet speed, bla bla bla) So I bought into it. Went out a few days later did the same as you spent like 3k, upgraded internet to 50mb up & down and nothing changed, I made sure I was the guy with the better yop to bottom and it did nothing, killcams still look exactly the same. Just before the kill they are turned and stopped at my location through the wall. then enter the same space as me with hero like aiming. (insta snap) & their bullets drop you in a second, like what ever the perfect spot on my anatomy is to down me fast is being nailed every time, whether it looks like they are aiming down at my feet I'm dropped in a heartbeat.

Then you read on one of the websites where they sell the cheats and it states that what the new aimbots do, The bullets connect even when the aim looks off.

The moral to the story is I'm sick of playing with all these cheaters and i'll be doing the same. Moving to xbox w/ mouse+kb, There is enough of a community to drown out the cheaters with consoles, here they are prominent, you can't get a match without at least 1 cheater.

TG-ThoMz

I hear you.

I played comp CS for years- been to over 25 LAN tourneys and at every one there are yahoos that get exposed. These guys are 'lifer' cheaters, some even work for cheat companies (or at least they do now), and they make a team by play OL and then tourney time comes and it's always "i just had some bad rounds...". Go back and watch their match and they are just horrid at the game. 

So, if these idiots are stupid enough to try and pull that off, then whats stopping the stay at home wanna-be? Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, there are cheaters on Xbox as well, but maybe 1/1000th of that on PC. And hardly any 'lifers'.

Word_HK

If you think switching over to Xbox or PS will help you to avoid cheaters?? You are sadly mistaken. There are cheaters there just as well. The answer is to NOT buy these games. Find other means to satisfy your thirst for online gaming UNTIL they fix this. And they can. But they are only interested in getting your money.

TG-ThoMz

Yes there are cheaters on console- i run into one every week/month. I have personally known more cheaters one PC than i've run into on console in over a year. You might be interested in how many cheats have been sold for PC this year alone.. look it up.

As far as a fix goes... there are two things that will shrink the cheater population. One- boredom or when a new game comes out. And Two- if modding public gameplay ever became illegal and punishable by fines (ain't gonna happen).

Anti-cheat systems are designed to keep honest people honest, not the determined.

[pde]paulkersey

Can I have your PC?

matuzz

TG-ThoMz wrote:

I've got a beast PC, plays everything on ultra... spent $2800 on it.. never use it anymore.. bought a $180 xbox w/ $60 xim and actually enjoy playing again.

Why would you guys buy super expensive PC JUST to play the most horrible console port game there is aka Call of Duty and that has bad graphics making all that money spent even more useless?

Its same like getting console and then only play Fast and Furious: Showdown.

Rubixpube

Yea it's easy just don't play ghosts. Hackers are in every game and Infinity Ward could care less.

TH3YH4T3PC

How to avoid playing with hackers/cheaters...

Just 3 simple steps to ensure you will NEVER be forced into games with cheaters/hackers again!!! 

Step 1: Right click on the game in your library (whether it be MW2, MW3, BO2, or Ghosts)

Step 2: Go down and click on "delete local content" then click "yes" to uninstall the game.

Step 3: Install an older properly supported PC FPS title (there are many to choose from) and rejoice at being able to play with minimal lag and no cheaters/hackers.

It's just that simple!!!   Of course it would be nice to be able to actually play MW2, MW3, BO2, and Ghosts... However since Activision decided to screw PC with "the Xbox experience" it is impossible to get a clean legit game of minimal lag in any of them.

Those who want to play CoD on PC should really go back to CoD4. As of today it has more players than MW2, MW3, BO2 and Ghosts combined.

Pickles_HK

TH3YH4T3PC wrote:

How to avoid playing with hackers/cheaters...

Just 3 simple steps to ensure you will NEVER be forced into games with cheaters/hackers again!!!

Step 1: Right click on the game in your library (whether it be MW2, MW3, BO2, or Ghosts)

Step 2: Go down and click on "delete local content" then click "yes" to uninstall the game.

Step 3: Install an older properly supported PC FPS title (there are many to choose from) and rejoice at being able to play with minimal lag and no cheaters/hackers.

It's just that simple!!!   Of course it would be nice to be able to actually play MW2, MW3, BO2, and Ghosts... However since Activision decided to screw PC with "the Xbox experience" it is impossible to get a clean legit game of minimal lag in any of them.

Those who want to play CoD on PC should really go back to CoD4. As of today it has more players than MW2, MW3, BO2 and Ghosts combined.

This! THis! This!

Bahahaha!!!  I was literally going to write something very similar.

Best way to avoid hackers in Ghosts.... UNINSTALL!!!!

Nebula_uk

i check the lobby leader board and look at their KR, anyone significantly over 2.00, I don't play with them.

I see one in a game, I tell everyone and leave, of if they're on the same team I harass them.

Momba1

IMHO anything much higher than 1.75 are suspicious to me especially if their kill-counts are high. It doesn't take rocket science to spot the obvious aka obnoxious hackers and those are the ones that no one can stand. Sadly, I'm to the point if someone hacks as long as they're not making a horses ass of themselves I say nothing and move on. It's the paint-sniffing, Snap-On, Auto-Fire, Insta-Kill a-holes that get under my skin.

IW might as well give everyone a Wall Hack Aim-Assist AimBot and call it a day; even-up the odds and hacker vs hacker...

LMAO -- I was in a game tonight and at least a pair were cheating the entire time to the point everyone was saying to Report them even folks on their own team. Now here's the funny part as soon as I typed in "I'm recording this..." 3-4 players all quit within 10-15 seconds. So I assume they were all hacking together.

GamerBoO

It's people like you that will report and piss off legitimate players through your naivety. My KDR in TDM for example is 3.35 which for me is considerably under par compared to previous CoD titles yet people accuse me before I've even killed them. Don't judge them by stats alone (unless they're ridiculous like 6+ KDR), judge them by kill cams.

Momba1

It's not the KDR alone so if all you do is sit in a corner of the map and get a few kills per game then I'd say you're not walling or aimbotting, but if you're on the top of the scoreboard or close to it time and time again and running around I'd bet money you are cheating. Also if you're one of those that every kill is the minimum bullet count with some distance that's another dead giveaway e.g. excessively high accuracy. The fact is there are too many players that cheat and too many that are indeed blatant; therefore most every single solitary legit players' KDR is significantly less in Ghosts. My KDR is a hell of a lot lower in Ghosts than in BO2; I'm struggling to maintain positive, I'm in the top-middle of the scoreboards, and in BO2 my gun-only KDR for the AN-94 alone was ~2.5. In BO2 most every game I was top 3 or 4, bad games top-middle.

Here's a sad reality - most of my CoD friends, I have ~200, quit playing Ghosts and moved on to BF4 and other games, but a couple (I know of anyway) said screw it and re-purchased Ghosts for a secondary account simply to hack; to compete. I supposed it helps Ghosts sales - derp. So far two of my longtime friends approached me to play because they missed our evening 'talking about our daily BS' when we played BO2 half the night before; social time. Let me tell you their cheating KDR's are between 1.75 - 2.00+ and certainly not 3, 4 or 5. They are not using some over the top jackass aimbot (they use aim assist), nor are they shooting players through walls, nor rushing around like their on the psychic network mysteriously knowing where everyone is --- they absolutely do know where single player is on the map! They're stealth and blend in. No one calls them out as a hack because they're not being some paint-sniffing turd. Most importantly, both of them hope that they get banned because it will restore some faith IW (IAC) works, and then they can play with their legit and clean accounts.

In stark contrast many cheaters are complete bastards and clearly don't give a crap less. Honor amongst thieves.

The reason these legit players turned cheat is simple, a clean lobby is very-very few and far between, and they love CoD but hate being crapped on every single day. Fire with Fire.

So do I agree? No. However do I understand? Yes. Because of this I rarely play, and yes I reported both of them and they knew I would upfront.

YuriUA

I understand your friends, but also do not support their position. I'd rather lose while keeping a clean, fair, vanilla game, than win with the help of 3rd party "helper" applications (including, but not limited to fov changers - my position is strict, I do not use anything that is outside of game settings, game mouse button macros do not count, I sometimes use "1 click" macro, but in Ghosts there is no need to use it, as guns have "single fire mode" attachment).

Momba1

Bottom-line I do not condone cheaters nor will I ever use a cheat myself.

My point was there are probably more cheaters than players actually even realize. FYI in BO2 macros were bannable especially those used to modify a semi-auto into an auto fire weapon (e.g. FAL, SMR, etc). In Ghosts the only third-party app I use is the IW approved FoV Changer.

The true harsh loss to me is not being able to play with my friends and in particular our conversations! This CoD might be the first time I've never achieved Prestige Master. In preparation of this game I spent ~$1,400 (2560x1440 monitor & 2xGTX 770's) plus the $120 Hardened Edition. Disappointment doesn't touch my level of frustration.

GamerBoO

It's a bit of a late reply but I've only just read this. Momba, if your friends cheat and can only pull around a 2 KDR overall then they suck so damn bad. My TDM KDR is 3.4 and my overall has just dropped below 3. In Ghosts, anything above 4 overall is almost guaranteed to be a cheater.

Momba1

Then you my friend are a 110% Hack, please don't reply.

GamerBoO

You are naive and clearly have no idea of just how skilful players can be. In fact, you obviously must accuse way too many legit players simply because their skill level is far higher than yours and your friends.

What you have said is kind of embarrassing. Learn to play or watch professional gamers before you make stupid assumptions.

Momba1

The problem is I'm not naive and the highest KDR legit player I've run across is "Press Your W Key" who has a ~2.1 KDR and all he does is flank and run the perimeter of the map or holds down a centralized spawn point. I talked to the guy a few times in lobbies he said he quit using any streaks except support because the high streaks with all of the hackers is practically impossible, get him few kills and would require his style to change. Otherwise practically every single 2+ KDR player I've seen is walling + aimbotting and to date not one (1) 3+ KDR player in Ghosts is legit.

Sure I see 3-15 KDR players but everyone is cheating, and some try to hide the fact and some will crank-up their levels of tard.

In complete contrast if we were talking about BO2 with working anti-cheats (TAC + VAC) then sure but even then most KDR's were assisted by scorestreaks that worked. Our clan alone had a few 3+ KDR players in 'that' game.

Hopefully you'll be banned soon. Your 'Pro' is downloaded; Noob + Cheat = MLG.

/edit - in BO2 at one time I was top 300 in the world, I'm no 'Pro' but I'm no moron either.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Also be sure to back out of the lobby as soon as you realize what's going on, lest you'll be suspected of wrongdoing.

Badwolf-UK

Don't buy an infinity ward game. They Promote cheats

TLBWolfpack

it is all a lot to take in Wow so many cheaters