Why there is no Theater?

Why there is no League Play?

Why there is no Sound Settings?

Why there is only 12 player per lobby?

Why there is no CTF?

• Re: Why there is no...
    dominic242

beacause this is infinty ward at least only by name

i think if you look at treyarch and infinity ward the apprentice has now surpassed the master ghosts is terrible

i dont espeicall have love for treyarch but hey at least they had the bottle to shake things up a bit with blops2.

ANWRambo

1. Xbox One and PS4 records in game footage. No need for theater mode anymore.

2. Clan Wars is the new thing.

3. I would love to see some settings to turn off in game music. Like if your winning or losing and the start of the match.

4.Only 12 players for lobby because your playing on old hardware. Can't handle 64 players on the PS3.

5. New game modes are added. Some old ones were removed. Girl players were added so some features were taken out.

ChaKa

1 What if i have a Xbox 360 or PS3, Older CoD's have it.

2 What if i want to play solo?

4 Older CoD's could support 18 players

5 Why no only add new ones and dont remove anything?

SilentxThriller

There isn't much point creating a new game based on old hardware. Ghosts was designed for next-gen consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last CoD for 360/PS3.

Theater mode was removed to reduce lag in online games, which suits the majority of players.

Yes older CoD games could handle 18 players per map but with the larger maps it is apparently too much for the 360/PS3 to handle.

half-megatron

who cares if older games had it...buy a pvr and stop complaining.  I dont want to play with lag because you want to increase your YT fan base by 1 person.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

ANWRambo wrote:

1. Xbox One and PS4 records in game footage. No need for theater mode anymore.

Can you roam the entire map like in theater.  Or are the console recordings just entirely your own POV. 

rlbl

Console recordings are your own POV.

But the benefits of the removal of theater, outweigh the camera roaming (or so it is believed)

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yeh maybe.  But I really like theater for game analysis. 

rlbl

Yes true it was good for that. But again, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Making an assumption here of course: but game smoothness went to crap in BO1. Theatre was introduced in BO1.  Game smoothness is much better in Ghosts. Theatre gone.  It could be a contributor.  If that is not the case, well there must be another reason (maybe just because of PSN recording... but does XB1 record as well?)

Megadog14

rlbl wrote:

Making an assumption here of course: but game smoothness went to crap in BO1. Theatre was introduced in BO1.  Game smoothness is much better in Ghosts. Theatre gone.  It could be a contributor.  If that is not the case, well there must be another reason (maybe just because of PSN recording... but does XB1 record as well?)

I never noticed any difference in smoothness or lag when I played MW2. Felt the same as BO1, which felt the same as BO2. Havent played Ghosts MP yet so I cant judge on that.

And yes, Xbone can record and I think it can also stream to Twitch.

rlbl

nice, you were a lucky one. But from the experience of others, many felt a drop in connectivity and game *smoothness* back in BO1, and for some it only got worse.

Izjar11

Because your playing Ghost not Blackops2 guy. Wake up.

rlbl

Sometimes people think too inwardly.  The expect that the things they like should remain, and the things they hate be removed - yet they never consider how others (sometimes the majority) think, nor do they think about what is overall good for the game (from a stability point of view).

They will complain and rally with those who think the same, and because other think that way, they think they are right (appreciating that sometimes, there is no definitive right way/answer)

edit: Although I (personally) am not always happy with changes (additions and removals), sometimes it is good to shake things up a bit and stray from the familiar and the comfortable.  From a business perspective, I am sure that nobody would deliberately set out to flat out sabotage one's own product and risk not selling anything.  Sometimes, the changes made are for the good, no matter how much a specific group or groups think it is bad.