15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 2:41 PM by x1HxTakeNotez RSS

EXTINCTION ACHIEVEMENT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET

capitaodok

Made it Out Alive EXTINCTION ACHIEVEMENT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET

• Re: EXTINCTION ACHIEVEMENT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET
    clarky462

No its not impossible to get, I got it. It all comes down to having good 3 other players and using the sentries and completing all the challenges.

EnenDavey

Extinction isn't the same as zombies, you need to play with people that understand that.

having one person that is good isn't enough, you need to do the challanges, this will give you more points infact double so you can improve your loadout.

Then by working with other people you spend wisely, one person runs explosive ammo, and upgrades it to max straight away, another does ,another does feral, and another does something else  maybe more shields different ammo, or betties to cover the entries.

As soon as everyone is full on that, start on sentries until they are full, so by the end of the first hive in the town you can have 8 sentries out, with max ammo, max shields and max feral, and 4 betties per drop.

Then I recommed you upgrade the pistol to level 3, and the weapons class to level 4, after that its upto you.

You should be able to get 5 fields to top level is you do all the challanges.

As soon as you reach 6k you should be spending money regardless, theres no point holding money like in zombies use for everyone, if you die theres no point have 6k in your hand.

If you enter a lobby and no one is talking back out of the lobby untiil you find people that are and know what there doing.

FalconR6

Having googled this --> If you have unlocked that achievement on the 360,, it glitches being able to unlock on the X1. 

Should be fixed in an update I would think.

wraithoverlord

Damn does this also include the patches and backgrounds? I have currently escaped 8 times and have around 6k kills before I transferred to X1. will these be affected as well?

EnenDavey

i have all the patches for extinction i did  most of them on the 360 however i needed 1 more escape when i started the xbox 1. although when I did one of the achievements on the 360 the escape didn't count at the time, so effectively i had to do one more escape than needed for the 10 escape patch, and I don't think single player kills count for the 10k kills achievement though as i had to get way more than 10k kills overall

x1HxTakeNotez

YOU CAN GET THE ACHIEVEMENT ON THE XBOX ONE EVEN IF YOU GOT IT ON THE 360, but it is going to be a PAIN IN THE A**! You have to go to local. In local, none of your leaderboards transfer over, but you can still get achievements. To get the achievement for escaping the 1st time on xbox one, even if you got it on xbox 360, you have to beat a game in LOCAL. Now, here is where it gets hard. In local, you will be a level 1 no prestige. No sentry guns, no explosive ammo, no full auto pistol, nothing. You get all the stuff you would normally get at level 1. You can split screen with a friend at your house, but that's it. You will most likely have to go solo it, but soloing extinction as a level 1 is damn near impossible. I made it to the nuke, armed it and died on the way back.(And no, the glitch for jumping off the map to make none of the meteors show up does not work on solo.) The best option if you really want to get this achievement is to play multiple games in local without leaving local. As local does not save anything you do once you leave it, you can play multiple games to get to the level(and gear) you want and then try to escape, but that will require at least 4-5 games in a row. If you REALLY want that achievement, this is you only option until they fix the achievement. Hope I helped. If you have any questions, ask and I will reply to them as fast as I can. I will monitor this post for the next 3 days to help anyone who needs it.

x1HxTakeNotez

also since they will be doing double xp for extinction this weekend, then it may level you up faster in local play extinction and you may be able to get everything you want to unlock faster.

x1HxTakeNotez

also some people may ask what glitch am I talking about. I will explain it to you. Say for example you have 4 people in an Extinction game. When you get to the part where you arm the nuke and the meteors fall and block your path, you can make both of the meteors not fall. All you do is arm the nuke and have one player walk off the edge at the nuke and die. then about 50 feet to the right(up on the hill next to the really high porch) his dog tag will appear and you go revive him(i suggest have the medic revive him). Then I swear to you it is a straight shot to the helicopter with no stops along the way. Makes the ending very easy.