4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 6:59 PM by drawdy152 RSS

Servers?

ares518

Did you not say we would be playing on dedicated servers? Why am I losing connection to host several times a day, and it's not just me or my connection. Will dedicated servers ever be coming because your full of crap for advertising them and there are none.. And dont say they are dedicated because host would not be able to end games thx..

• Re: Servers?
    drawdy152

Dedicated servers still have a host, the host lost would be a lost connection to Activisions server.

ares518

a dedicated server is what it says dedicated... activision would provide it and nobody would be host. It would provide the server and they would not lose connection to host unless the "dedicated" server crashed completely. No one person would be able to cause a game to end early.. Im not a tech geek and dont know much about this type of stuff but I do know these are not dedicated servers on call of duty ghost. Sorry I probaby should have mentioned the game earlier cause I have been told bf4 is on ded..

drawdy152

I undertsand not one person would be host, thats not what I said but there is a host its activation or whoever provides the serers that is why you get a lost connection to host. I know also these are a mix of dedicated servers they did not lie. People seem to believe a cloud service has no host all servers have a host period.

zvers

Where do you live and what game types do you play?

The reason I ask is because on xone, there's a lot less people playing compared to current gen. They said they are using a hybrid system of dedicated and P2P for MP. If you are playing a really low player count game type, then chances are those people are really far away from you so P2P would be used. P2P can have a lot more lag issues for sure.

I live the US, midwest and last night there were ~6600 people in core TDM....that's insanely low and I live just north of Chicago where there should be plenty of local people playing. Domination core was around ~2500. The other game types are even less so I don't even bother right now with those.