38 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2013 4:52 PM by Bielsalmighty RSS

Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?

I-am-JUBEE

It seems that we've had the Clan Wars on a rotating schedule that starts on Wednesdays at 12:00pm PST which is literally right smack dab in the middle of a work week. I know the majority of the concentration is to accomodate the younger crowd (those that don't have to pay the bills LOL) But is there going to be a chance to change these schedules up a bit in future clan wars so that clans that have mostly working adults in them can have a good chance in having a head start at the beginning of the wars?

I know this may be too much to ask but if we get placed in a division where the clans we're going against are full of younger kids that stay glued to their tv during the day, we absolutely have no way in competing against those type of teams. I'm not saying to never have it on Wednesdays.

Just curious if the powers that be would be OPEN to mixing up clan wars schedules every now and then. Maybe have it start on a weekend. On BO2 it was great competition because for ops/challenges it was during the weekend.

Also, location has a big factor in this too. At the start of the wars, EU clans would also have a head start as it would be evening time for them when Clan Wars begins.

Just thought I'd put some ideas out there. I mean GROWN UPS like to be competitive too! LOL

• Re: Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?
    mwfan55

I-am-JUBEE wrote:

It seems that we've had the Clan Wars on a rotating schedule that starts on Wednesdays at 12:00pm PST which is literally right smack dab in the middle of a work week. I know the majority of the concentration is to accomodate the younger crowd (those that don't have to pay the bills LOL)

Trust me, I am with you on the time and the work schedule part. But I have a few kids in my clan and they have to study for finals. So even they are screwed lol

maccabi

I bought this up with BH already, currently the start end times give an advantage to euro players, the start time favors euro and the end time allows euro clans to take nodes while the rest of the world is either sleeping/at school/working

Bh did say they would mix up the start times.. so we get another clan war that does exactly the same thing.

LifeSong1

No matter what you do someone is screwed in regards to the start/end time. Finding the balance for it is the tricky part. Rotating the start times is likely the best option.  It may be a bad start time for you but a good start time for someone else. This has always been a complaint with clan ops, clan challenges, and now clan wars. Like I said, the only solution is to rotate the schedule, though I'm sure we will still have plenty of complaints about each start/end time no matter what they do.

Shadowelite555

Totally agree with you, except that im a student that finds no play time during the week, but Clan Wars schedule be better if it started Friday or Saturday.

I-am-JUBEE

Variety is the key. Don't always make the clan wars start on a Wednesday. Try rotating schedules so different times can accomodate different players and their schedules. At least with BO2, we had choices - weekday challenges, weekly challenges, and weekend ops/challenges. It seems we are so much more limited on Ghosts. I'm assuming they are still in their 'testing' phase as they do not have anything confirmed nor verified as far as scheduling for these clan wars with the only information we have is it does start (so it seems) every Wednesday.

DamCampers

HEY I APPLIED FOR YOUR CLAN AND DID THE APPLICATION AND EVERYTHING AND ITS BEEN LIKE 1 1/2 DAYS AND I HAVENT GOTTEN A RESPONSE/

R U GOING TO LOOK AT MY APPLICATION?????????????????? IT SAID "PM I-AM-JUBEE" IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE OR SOMETHING

Izjar11

I-am-JUBEE wrote:

Variety is the key. Don't always make the clan wars start on a Wednesday. Try rotating schedules so different times can accomodate different players and their schedules. At least with BO2, we had choices - weekday challenges, weekly challenges, and weekend ops/challenges. It seems we are so much more limited on Ghosts. I'm assuming they are still in their 'testing' phase as they do not have anything confirmed nor verified as far as scheduling for these clan wars with the only information we have is it does start (so it seems) every Wednesday.

Clan operations were pointless in BO2. Atleast now we have days to make up the difference.

Izjar11

It doesnt matter really that they started it today, if you work regardless the clans participants who do not, have the best chances of getting all wins.

phxs72

I'd rather it not start on a Wednesday as well but like others have said no matter when you start it somebody somewhere is going to get screwed.  I think that the real problem is the reduction of node points for each capture.  That puts the clan that gets that head start at a huge advantage over the other clans.  If the points weren't reduced then the other clans that are at work at noon PST would still have an uphill climb ahead of them but at least they could pull into contention with some hard work.  As is even if the 2nd place clan captures all of the nodes that the first place clan did, they will still have less CPs even though they did twice the work.  So the best clan in effect from a winning and participation perspective comes in 2nd while the clan that came in first basically got it handed to them by virtue of a favorable start time.

Izjar11

But there is no way to please every person. Personally phxs, I do not have the time to dedicate to play 3+ hours a day to earn a node and continue on to the next. Thats the truth. Work, family, life just dont permit me and probably many more the luxury to play allot. The clans wars belong to the dedicated.

mwfan55

Izjar11 wrote:

The clans wars belong to the dedicated.

That's the truth

phxs72

I can't argue that.  The wars do belong to the dedicated.  I have a lot more time on my hands than most do but I understand that I'm the exception to the rule.  I don't particularly like losing but I can't be overly upset at getting beat by clans that put the time in more so than mine did.  However, I think that changing the nodes to give out the same or even more CP for a recapture would benefit those with a limited amount of time to play.  As is they really don't have a chance unless they happen to live in a area that is home when the war starts.  I don't know if BH will or won't make this change or if they are even considering it for that matter but I think that it would be a positive one.

7chp

As I already have no friends, I quit my job, divorced the wife, disowned the kids and stocked up on food to play clan wars, I suggest y'all do the same and stop whining.

For those of you who might not have gotten it, that was supposed to be a joke. As an European, starting the clan wars at noon PST suits me and my clan perfectly. 9 PM here. Those who have work, finished it. Those who have kids, tucked 'em in. Those who have w/gfs, lame excuses and/or cashing in those brownie points, come 9 PM we are ready!

As for the timing of this clan war, not overly impressed. Most adults will be driving home for christmas this weekend as they can't wait to see those faces (it is the time for cheesy song references, no?). For us, all three of us are not able to play from Saturday 8 AM, and only one of us have a console available to play the last days.

Clan Wars are geared towards kids who live at home more so than those 17+, which is funny cause the age restriction of the game and so on.

phxs72

Yep the start this week is rather poor for me as well.  I'll have a grand whopping 2 evenings (maybe a little bit of a third) that I can contribute before I'm off to visit family and friends for the holidays.  I would imagine that most folks are in the same boat.  Even the kids will be traveling with their parents.  So whomever jumps out to the early lead likely won't see much competition to take it from them over the weekend.

tallowby

The real reason for the clan start and end times....

It is easier to the company running the war. They are at work and it cost them less. 

Until the bugs are worked out the wars will be short with the same start/stop time.

There is no consideration to being fair at this point. Euro clans have a distinct advantage as it is now.

Paladin244

I'd also like to respond that I think the length of the clan war is too short, especially when you have a point like Domination that takes 120 wins to capture.    During the last war, I don't think anyone in our group of eight really started to consider trying to cap it until the third day.  By the time it was capped, there was no point in a second clan trying to take it because the amount of time needed wasn't available.  Now I know some will say "that's only 20 wins for a team of 6," but for some clans that have less then 20 members, finding a group of 6 online at the same time who want to concentrate on one point for that long is hard.  Especially when that same group of 6 could work on one of the 15 win points and cap it in three games.  Add in the time spent waiting in a lobby trying to find 6 people willing to stay in the lobby when they see they're going up against a full clan team.  If they're going to have a clan war that only last for four or five days they need to cap the win requirement to a max of 60 for any point.  On the flip side, if they extend the war, they will need to increase the cap limit on several points or face having clans run through the available capture points before the war ends.

LifeSong1

You should know that the large number of wins required for Domination was intentional. They wanted to try the concept of some nodes that took a lot longer to capture (sometimes the majority of the war) but with a higher reward for capturing it.  5 Days is an ideal length in my opinion. It needs to always include a weekend though. Not all points had that high of a value and that high of a CP award.

You should note that saying "it takes 60" wins only applies to your situation. For mine, it was 200 wins to capture domination. The amount of wins depends on the size of the clans in your group of 8.

In my opinion, 5 days is about the perfect length.

I-am-JUBEE

Clan Wars is for the "dedicated"

What do you mean by dedicated? If by "dedicated" means being online 24/7 then I guess I am not? Dedication means effort to me personally. If outside of my real life priorities I can dedicate myself in trying to get wins - that's dedication enough. I'm not going to quit my job, neglect my kids, to get online and be as 'dedicated' as those that access the console and tv all day and all night. I may not be able to be on as much as those type of players, but that doesn't make me less dedicated.

They need to do a rotating schedule for this to accomodate all the differences in locations and schedules. It would be the easist solution to the number of complaints Clan Wars has had.

phxs72

A lot of us have other responsibilities that are far more important than any video game ever will be but those that do have the ability to play 24/7 are going to have an advantage.  It's nice if you have a few of those guys in your clan but I think what can also be helpful is having clan members in different time zones.  My clan picked up the HC TDM node last night and it happened while I was sleeping.  The biggest thing that I need to really get my clan rolling again is Christmas to get here.  Literally half of my clan doesn't have the game yet.  I've maintained the roster with them on it so far just because we've already unlocked several of the emblems and many of those guys have been in the clan for years.  So I figure that we can take it on the chin in these first couple of wars until the reinforcements show up.  But after Christmas, I'll be looking to clear out any dead accounts to make room for new active members.

Bielsalmighty

Yep. Surprised to see another start time that heavily favours European clans. GG Beachhead, way to make stuff fair for the US/Oz/NZ clans who may have already fallen foul of this.

LifeSong1

They are still working things out with the clan wars (determining length, fine tuning the matching of clans, etc). They aren't doing this to favor any particular region, they are doing it at 12PM PT because that is a prime time for them to be able to release it as they are all in the office working on it and can more easily address any issues that may arise. As already said, there will ALWAYS be someone complaining about the start time even when randomized. I 100% agree that there needs to be some randomness to the start times [I edited and removed part of my post due to making unfair assumptions...]

cutekickboxer2002

Find clan members from different places that play at different times.  Or you could just find a woman that don't mind paying the bills and get that jump on the wars. LOL's