4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 8:28 AM by IamtheD RSS

Not a case of Clans adding members after the war started...

DestroyerX93

My clan of 10 players was placed in a war against 7 other clans that all had 16-20+ people right off of the bat. They didn't add these members after it started. They had them to begin with.

Are you serious infinity ward?

• Re: Not a case of Clans adding members after the war started...
    Bielsalmighty

I'd direct that towards Beachhead on twitter: @BeachheadStudio

Beachhead are responsible for Clan Wars, not IW.

I would hazard a guess that the other clans hadn't had many of their members active in the previous wars. Not saying its right that you got placed with them at all btw, just trying to apply what little info I've gleaned about the placement system to your situation. In any case: good luck mate, hope they cant consistently field their greater numbers....

LifeSong1

I also have to wonder if your win% is higher than theirs thus possibly making it a little more equal as you are likely to win more often thus earning you a similar amount of wins. Not 100% sure and it will never be 100% accurate, but it's possible that it's taking that into consideration.

Edit - I should clarify that I realize a clan with more members always has the potential for beating you as more people can easily mean more wins assuming they actually win. Clans should be matched with similar sized clans and only those in the clan at the start of the war should count (and only count if they stay in the clan) but unfortunately that is not how it is right now.

mwfan55

This is my theory on how placements take place:

- placement in similar size takes place at some point before the clan war starts. When, no one knows. But basically before the placement took place, the clans in your division probably had the same size as yours. After placement took place, the other clans added new members. This was all done of course before the clan war.

- placement by similar size has nothing to do with wins. Based on wins placement is the deciding factor that places your clan in the platinum, gold,silver ,or bronze division.

- example, my clan has 29 members, clan level 21. Other clans in my division have any were between 24-30 members. Yet the other clans range from clan level 12 - 15. So if it was based on wins we should be placed with clans that have a size of 60+ members. even then we still out rank most of those clans any way.

IamtheD

It shouldnt go by wins or level of clan tho it should go by members if it was clan vs clan fine but its not so even an elite crew of 6 cant beat a clan of 20-30 because they can go into more games on there own and even if every single one of them is a noob they can still get carried by others and "win" a game. more games = more wins = no chance of victory for the small clans that like to play with just there friends!