14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 10:03 PM by BlackHawkxx RSS

Whats has been changed since the last clan war?

BlackHawkxx

Just wondering is there a link to what they have changed, if anything since the last clan wars?

has the clan adding members thing been sorted?

do they even acknowledge that this win boosting is happening and ruining clan wars?

just wondering cos right now clan wars is just pointless and boring unless you enjoy boosting.

• Re: Whats has been changed since the last clan war?
    cheerann

The only thing that has really changed is the app.  There have been 2 updates since the last war.  Now you can see how much capture points each node is worth.  At least that's what I've been told as the map is not loading for me since the app update on the 18th.  At the start of the Oahu clan war the news feed announcing the start of the war listed things that they changed, but the announcement for the start of this war said nothing.

LifeSong1

There are no details on what has changed. They didn't tell us anything that changed in the blog post they made. I believe you are still allowed to add members and they will still count. They have not acknowledged (that I know of) that the win boosting is happening but I'm sure it still is. My clan is not boosting and are currently in first place but I suspect we will not end up in 1st by the end of it...

maccabi

they updated the app... it now doesn't work on more phones and tablets.

some peoples apps now show the cp reward for taking a node

they changed the time it takes to earn cp for holding a node by lowering it to 12 hrs (unless they didnt and thats broken too)

they fixed one exploit that allowed clans to get easy wins

They didn't address the fact clans boost

they didn't address the flaw in their scoring system

they didnt do anything to counter clans adding people

they didnt address the fact clans of x size are matched with clans double the size

they didnt add a report button so its possible to report cheating clans

they didnt add a list of rules so clans can cheat as there is no rules

they didnt fix the issue of getting untold clan applications you cant remove as they dont exist

LifeSong1

I will confirm the following from your list:

• It still works on my phone and my tablet though I had to manually update the tablet.
        • My apps on Android show the CP reward for taking a node (visible once you go into the node)
        • They didn't address the flaw in their scoring system
        • They didnt do anything to counter clans adding people
        • They didnt address the fact clans of x size are matched with clans double the size
        • They didnt add a report button so its possible to report cheating clans
        • They didnt add a list of rules so clans can cheat as there is no rules

Regarding your last point about no rules, they are still tied to the same TOS for the game which prevents boosting and some of what they are doing is boosting. It may not be individual boosting for your own XP or patches but instead on a clan level but it is still boosting and taking advantage of the system to boost your clan...which I believe is still against their TOS.

I should note that they did add one "feature" aka "bug":

• To move around on the map you must click in a node first.
    mwfan55

besides what has been mentioned and disputed above. The only major change is that your clan is awarded 1 capture point for holding a territory between 4-6 hours. Last clan war it was 4 capture points awarded for holding a territory for 24 hours.

BlackHawkxx

so basically what everyone is saying is.....they made a couple of changes nobody cared about and gave the community who play the game the middle finger in relation to all the feedback we have given them in regards to recruiting during clan wars, the scoring system, the size of the clans we are being placed against and the boosting we have all been reporting to them....nice.

Way to go!

erm yea...think ill find a new game to play, thank god i havent bought the season pass

7chp

Well that is a bit harsh, some of the things fixed were probably some of the smaller and easier things to fix, and very logical to add (like showing how many CP for the node in question, which is great). As for some of the bigger things they probably need more time doing this. And for some suggestions, like not adding clan members during the war, are we even sure they want to do that? I mean, recruiting to your clan is something they want us to do (I think it is dumb, don't shoot the messenger).

They have been open about that this is an ongoing process, and Oahu was better than LA was, and Caracas is better than Oahu was. I for one am digging the Clan Wars and it has made Ghosts an even better game for me.

LifeSong1

You should ALWAYS be able to recruit for your clan. Here's how it should work (IMO):

• You can always recruit, even during a clan war
        • Only members in your clan at the start of the war (or at placement time) count for the war (note - placement time needs to be defined and explained)
        • If a member leaves, they are no longer contributing to ANY clan including the one they left and the one they joined until the next clan war starts.
        • All members currently in the clan, independent of when they joined, can help the clan earn Clan XP (just not Clan Points, aka CP)
          7chp

Yes, totally agree plain and simple LifeSong1!

BlackHawkxx

This is exactly what everyone has been calling for for weeks now, have they changed it? No

Do they care? No

Why? Because at the end of the day people will keep paying regardless and they don't really care about what we think

and thats just the fact of the matter money talks

7chp

No. You are wrong BlackHawkxx, they DO care, and they HAVE changed multiple issues and improved the Clan Wars, stop being a baby, Clan Wars isn't a paid service either. This isn't a switch yes or no one intern can flip while getting coffee for the senior dev who you think is showering in $, £ and €. Are we even SURE they WANT to stop the recruiting during the wars? This was one of the big things in their minds creating the Wars in the first place - having the whole recruitment thing to get more people to play more games more of the time.

Don't get me wrong, Clan Wars need work, and I am sure this is on their board but need some time to think about how and what Clan Wars will be.

BlackHawkxx

Well if recruiting more and more people that you dont like or talk is how they planned to build a community they need their heads examined, many clans DO NOT want to increase in size, a lot of clans are a bunch of friends who all play in a clan together, a lot of other clans just recruit good players and want a decent clan.

If what you are saying is true that they want clans to recruit more and more to the point where you have thousands of nameless faceless rubbish players just to make up the numbers in your clan that you dont know or give a dam about then they really should get out of the clan business because thats not what a good clan is or made of and that doesnt give any sense of community because the best clans are made of players who play together and know each others play styles and calls, in fact for some clans a good clan is just 4 of the best players and thats it. I and im sure many many clans do not want to recruit every player they find even if they are rubbish at the game just to play clan wars, we want to pick good players and if they arent good enough they get kicked, clan wars = booster heaven because recruiting a million players to win is crap.

Jeez roll on march and titanfall.

MLDWAY1

In regards to "Only members in your clan at the start of the war (or at placement time) count for the war (note - placement time needs to be defined and explained)"...

I think this should only apply for the largest clan of the 8 clans in the clan war. For example, if you get matched up against a clan with 10 more people than yours, you should be allowed to recruit up to 10 more people to your clan whose games will count towards capture points. But then each new member after that would not count for the war.