1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 3:45 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    Oldurtay

All this reads as is you running from A to C getting caps and spawn flipping... Which is completely different and irrelevant to capping B when you don't have it.  Please highlight where I ever said caps were more important than kills?  You're quoting him putting words in my mouth to justify your irrelevant arguments, its just becoming funny.  I believe he's referring to me saying playing the objective is more important than kills, which is a completely different statement that I will still stand by.

• 71. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    ghamorra

Oldurtay wrote:

Either you and your friends are completely blind to context or just ignorant, I only get as many captures as is needed depending on the current game, as I said if we don't have B we get B.  Most games just like you its just 2 at the beginning and holding it, unlike you however I don't fold to competition.  Your strategy completely assumes for idiot randoms on the other team.  Unless your the best player ever (and trust me from what I've read your not) and on the best team ever then you are going to run into competition, you are going to run into people doing the exact same thing as you on the other team and they will take B, at which point you will need to take B back, at which point they will need to take B back... what don't you understand about that.  All you are doing is highlighting a best-case scenario strategy, as soon as that scenario goes out the window your effectiveness diminishes instantly.

My strategy will beat yours everyday of the week because your's is completely useless against anyone with thumbs. Rushing the flag like a dumbass and hoping to overwhelm the enemy doesn't work against a competent team who sits back and defends a wide open flag. Your just easy kills to top of an easy win.

Here's what you don't understand, I don't lose and everything I said is why. If you can't get that into your head then so be it. I'm not going to try to an convince your brain dead ego that your strategy is completely moronic. Keep telling yourself that you have a high W/L, I guarantee that you don't. Not with how you describe your playstyle.

• 72. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    nuttin2say

He doesn't have a strategy, G, he's just making up crap as he goes along. He's just trying to get people riled up, that's all.

• 73. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    Oldurtay

You don't lose because you play the exact same way as every other Dom team but for some reason you always prevail, I'm tired of listening to you you're full of yourself and your so called skill.  You are one dimensional and it costs your team wins but you probably don't even recognize it.  Still have yet to address a single point I've made, only start up the name calling, the mark of anyone who is in the midst of a losing argument.

Rushing the flag like a dumbass and hoping to overwhelm the enemy doesn't work against a competent team who sits back and defends a wide open flag. Your just easy kills to top of an easy win.

So according to you whoever gets B 1st if both teams are competent then the other team automatically loses?  I'm just trying to gauge your mindset here, it actually kind of makes sense I mean if you refer to every game where you don't take B in the beginning an auto-loss its easier for you to just sit back and camp your 1 cap while you lose like I've been saying you do this whole time.  If not THEN WHAT?

See you know nothing of my game because 10 posts later you are still saying I mindlessly rush at the flag, although I've stated probably 3 times thus far that that is far from the case.  Its simple, players like you wait for randoms to join their lobby exploit their lack of coordination and then assume you are good.  You dashboard to any competition and if you can identify them pregame you'll just look for an easier lobby.  I know this is the case because you have yet to display any strategy for a COMPETITIVE DOM GAME.  All you have typed out is a generic how to of what anyone figured out on their own 2 days into playing the game.

• 74. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    phxs72

Let me just throw a couple of points out there as someone who has played with Ghamorra and as someone that plays a ton of DOM.  First as to G's flag capping, he caps flags.  He's not afraid of the B flag and will jump right on it to lend support to his team.  The only time that he sits back is when there are already multiple teammates in position to take the flag and they need someone to provide cover fire to ensure that they don't get dropped before they get it.  Once the flag is capped he goes back to making sure that the spawns stay clear of enemies which as a rusher you should appreciate the importance of since a lot of rushers flank the enemy to get behind them.  Second, I'll touch on your competitive DOM scenario.  In a competitive match of equally talented teams, things are going to happen that don't happen in a general pub match.  You will see the B flag flip multiple times.  However, often the winner will come down to who capped the B flag first.  Not always but often it will.  That is why you will often see quality teams rush the B flag for the early cap and only leave one man back for the home flag cap.  Once B is captured you set up camp to defend it and lock down the flanks.  That's just DOM 101.  Well maybe DOM 102.

• 75. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    deamonomic

nuttin2say wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

4) it's sad that you only care about the caps. I've stated several times also that when I play I often don't have many caps, not because I don't cap flags but I just don't need to. If you have to cap the flag more than 6 times you're doing something wrong. Get over your obsession of captures, it's a fools stat.

He doesn't get the math behind this, ghamorra. I mean, after playing BO2 for a year, I don't know how it is that anyone cannot see the logic in what you posted here. EVERY SINGLE Dom match I lost?

I had more caps than any one player on the winning team had. In fact, the only reason I know that is because there were so many matches where I had more caps than the entire winning team combined! So, no, caps are not greater than kills in Dom. Believing they are is a fools errand.

One flaw in most teams gameplans is, it doesnt matter how awesome your set up is or how amazing your game plan. Its gonna fail if you cant kill. You cant capture that flag if your continually dead.

Im an objective slayer. I will jump on the objective, but not if i can help my ally jump on it instead. When I played with my friends in past CoD games, they knew to grab the flag cause I would be guarding them. Alot of the time I see people just jump on the flag and give the other guy a nice 4 piece from a C4 or nade. Its the same thing in demolition and SND. While I might not have many caps myself, I am the reason that you have yours. I push up past the objective to get to them before they can toss that grenade or C4 and If i die, you know how far away they are.

Killing in every gamemode is important. Sure you cant win if you dont cap, but on the other side of that coin, if your getting killed a ton your probably not capping anyways.

• 76. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    deamonomic

phxs72 wrote:

Let me just throw a couple of points out there as someone who has played with Ghamorra and as someone that plays a ton of DOM.  First as to G's flag capping, he caps flags.  He's not afraid of the B flag and will jump right on it to lend support to his team.  The only time that he sits back is when there are already multiple teammates in position to take the flag and they need someone to provide cover fire to ensure that they don't get dropped before they get it.  Once the flag is capped he goes back to making sure that the spawns stay clear of enemies which as a rusher you should appreciate the importance of since a lot of rushers flank the enemy to get behind them.  Second, I'll touch on your competitive DOM scenario.  In a competitive match of equally talented teams, things are going to happen that don't happen in a general pub match.  You will see the B flag flip multiple times.  However, often the winner will come down to who capped the B flag first.  Not always but often it will.  That is why you will often see quality teams rush the B flag for the early cap and only leave one man back for the home flag cap.  Once B is captured you set up camp to defend it and lock down the flanks.  That's just DOM 101.  Well maybe DOM 102.

agreed. True competitive teams will have the map locked down even in a 4 v 4 they will find a way to lock down B and their other flag. They will use set ups and will be waiting for someone to go for B flag, when playing a competitive team it is a must to kill them before going after the flag. if you dont your odds of taking the flag are low.

• 77. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    ghamorra

deamonomic wrote:

agreed. True competitive teams will have the map locked down even in a 4 v 4 they will find a way to lock down B and their other flag. They will use set ups and will be waiting for someone to go for B flag, when playing a competitive team it is a must to kill them before going after the flag. if you dont your odds of taking the flag are low.

What's the point of playing the objective if you can't keep the objective long enough to gain anything out of it? Either I'm completely oblivious to something or there are people out there who truly can't wrap their head around the simplest of concepts.

• 78. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    adw1983

Camping, the selfish gamebreaking 'strategy', only truly exists in Team Deathmatch and Free for All.

In other game modes, it's called "defending the objective" when your team has an advantage;

or "being stupid", in the cases where your team is losing because you don't help.

• 79. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
    deamonomic

adw1983 wrote:

Camping, the selfish gamebreaking 'strategy', only truly exists in Team Deathmatch and Free for All.

In other game modes, it's called "defending the objective" when your team has an advantage;

or "being stupid", in the cases where your team is losing because you don't help.

so defending the objective is legit? So why wouldnt you do the same thing in TDM and Free for all?

Forgive me if im mistaken here but isnt the objective of the gamemode to kill the opposing team? And as such you need kills to win, so wouldnt camping be defending the objective? Your protecting yourself from giving the other team points towards their win.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next