14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 10:39 AM by BkfstWidow RSS

Is my Ghosts bugged?

bangbangpowpow

Hey guys I bought a ps4 three days ago.  I updated all the software, put ghosts in got it all downloaded etc.  Entered the multiplayer lobby sat in lobbies forever never getting into games.  Never got any kind of error  codes.  Finally that day I finally got into a couple of games that got me to just level 5.  I thought maybe servers were down.  The second and third day I haven't been able to get into any lobbies..  It isn't my internet either my hulu and all that stuff works just fine.  I have no idea WTF is going on lol  Any kind of help would be appreciated.  ( Im in pure desperation )

• Re: Is my Ghosts bugged?
    Raketti

Where are you from ? Is your NAT-type open ? What game mode have you tried ?

The PS4 version has a pretty low amount of players online, so if you are from a part of the world that doesn't have much players, your NAT isn't open (you won't be able to connect to all sessions), or you try a game mode that has the lowest amount of players on it, you might not find any matches.

Also, even if other applications such as Hulu which works when you have sufficient bandwidth instead of low latency work fine, you could still have bad line quality from your ISP or in your internal network (bad wifi signal for example) that affects your chances of finding games.

bangbangpowpow

My  NAT is set to Open.  I just deleted the app im redownloading it now hoping that maybe thatll fix it  THanks for your reply though.  Really appreciate any help or advice

Raketti

I'm pretty sure that won't help, because the problem probably originates from your connection/location and/or the low amount of players online.

Try team deathmatch as it is the most popular mode, and if the game does not find you a lobby relatively fast, back out and try again instead of leaving the game to search for a lobby for several minutes.

bangbangpowpow

I live in missouri . Tried every game type,even tried squads multiplayer.  Dont see how it could be my internet i played ghost all day long on my 360

bangbangpowpow

Update....I know theres been a lot of server maintenance but regardless i cant get in matches...Even had people try adding me to a party ..pretty frustrated that ghosts is my only online game that doesnt work...Its the reason i bought a ps4.  Thought it was a firewall issue but that wasnt it.. Could it be abad disc maybe? It cant be a slow net connection because i play battlefield 4 with 60 people in one game

OGHuxtable

Hi bangbangpowpow,

It you are still experiencing this issue and if online services are fully operational, you may want to try the following.

1. Reboot your router.
      2. Try using a wired connection in order to sustain the connection quality.
      3. To help identify if there is an issue with the router or blocked ports, try connecting directly through the modem. 
      4. Establish a static IP address and port forward. 

Here are the port numbers you will need:

PS: Activision Support

Should you have any questions on how to port forward, please contact your ISP or the router manufacturer.

Regards ^AH

bangbangpowpow

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks to Activision support, after a couple of days of constant messing with my ps4.  I called my ISP, and apparently I had a old router and it wasn't allowing the ports to be forwarded.  Got a new router and I haven't had one problem.  Thanks everyone  for help and ill see you guys in some lobbies

BkfstWidow

Hey bangbangpowpow,

I'm glad to hear everything is up-and-running for you now ^_^. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post here in the support forum and we will reply as soon as possible.

^MC