1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 1:25 AM by RunAndGun1 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    jeebs-1337

Aidan_Biz wrote:

goose2993 wrote:

jeebs-1337 wrote:

Many of you have been posting all the reasons why quickscoping has ruined the game and how the recent patch has been a disaster. On the contrary, the recent patch has made the game more balanced and it shouldn't stop there, SoH pro should come back for snipers. The reasons for this are that:

1. Without quickscoping snipers are only good at long-medium distances and on black ops the maps aren't as huge and open as in MW 2 which makes regular sniping much harder. This leads to a lack of use of sniper rifles and along with the fact LMGs and shotguns aren't used very much it leads to a very one dimensional game with only SMGs and assault rifles being used.
    2. Some of the better players find just playing the game regularly so giving them a challenge by quickscoping means the game appeals to more people. Also it isn't overpowered as for every amazing kill you see in a montage there are probably 10 other times when the person completely misses and dies. Even the top quickscopers have barely positive K/Ds. Most people seem to think montages are how people usually play, which is wrong. When people get lucky kills with normal guns people don't really care but when it happens with a sniper, people seem to think it is overpowered, which is an unfair view.
    3. Snipers even with quickscoping will never be as good as an SMG or even an Assault rifle as there is no ability to spray and if you miss you are dead. Even at mid ranges with a sniper if you see someone with an assault rifle at the same time as you see them you will most probably die.

So I think that all this talk about the patch ruining the game is ridiculous and people need to stop being so petty. Quickscoping was a fun element of the game and not at all overpowered, it just made snipers usable and even then just about, which is why in MW 2, even with SoH pro people still used a variety of weapons

I agree with post 99.9 %, except dont put back in SoH Pro leave it at what it is because it is balanced enough that not everybody is doing it, yes im a Quickscoper but people will cry even more if SoH pro comes back for snipers, they have made almost equivelent to cod 4 just a little harder.

In reference to this statement: "Without quickscoping snipers are only good at long-medium distances"....Um thats what a sniper is you moron...sorry I dont call people names but this was a moronic statement. Who cares if the maps are not as big. To be a true sniper it takes a hell of a lot more skill then to be a QS'er. And the statement about this game being one dimensional, I cant count the ammount of times I see shotguns being used. If you cant snipe properly then put the rifle away and pick up something else. I hope to hell they nerf the QS'ing. There is no true skill involved especially when you have an aim assist...yes I know all weapons have this but when you are QS'ing with a sniper rifle with excellent knock down power and almost always one hit kills....this is not accurate and for a company who strives to make their game as realistic as possible this is a fail on their part. Again QS'ing takes no skill it takes someone who has no skill in anything else to do.

Lol please stop using moronic arguments like this. Of course if it was real life everyone would be camping and being careful, but it is a game and it is meant to be fun and the fact is that acting as if you were in a real war situation would be boring. Also 'To be a true sniper' may take more skill but you get a load less kills, which means there is no point of being a sniper as it is detrimental to your game. At least quickscoping meant that people had a little more incentive to use it as at the moment they are completely outclassed by SMGs and assault rifles. And the game is one dimensional as the saying goes 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' , just because there are shotguns used, it doesn't mean they are used regularly and doesn't stop it from being one dimensional. And as much as you dislike it, the top quickscopers are highly skilled to be able to hit nearly every shot from medium ranges and the normal player will have no where near as good results trying to quickscope
  • 51. Re: Why Quickscoping is good

exactly. quickscopers reply so much on their snipers and think they have so much more, 'so called skill', than people who dont, i bet if treyarch removed all sniper rifles from the game, all those quickscopers would just suck compared to the other people who use a variety of weapons.

Haha, sorry.. no. Sniping is the single hardest thing to do in Black Ops, and every CoD for that matter. I can run around with an Aug for the first game of the day and get Dogs without any trouble.

I can then do an hour of combat training with a sniper, play on the same map with equally skilled players, and get no more than a 4 or 5 killstreak.
    -- And then switch to a Commando and ****.
  • 52. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    MadManRob

davidbio wrote:

Double-Tapz wrote:

You know you can still play MW2 right?

lol luk at me im so smrat i cn go 2 qs topik n jus writ dis n evey1 wil fink im kool lmfao i luv bein so whitie

Seriously dude, SERIOUSLY? The OP isn't even complaining. He's saying it's now fine!

Where did you learn to spell fella.......... what on earth is a "luk","smrat","topik","writ","dis","fink","kool","bein", an you put "whitie" which is what you throw when you smoke to much weed lol i think you mean "witty"

You are either illiterate or plain lazy...

An for the record Quick Scopeing is SAD
  • 53. Re: Why Quickscoping is good

MadManRob wrote:

davidbio wrote:

Double-Tapz wrote:

You know you can still play MW2 right?

lol luk at me im so smrat i cn go 2 qs topik n jus writ dis n evey1 wil fink im kool lmfao i luv bein so whitie

Seriously dude, SERIOUSLY? The OP isn't even complaining. He's saying it's now fine!

Where did you learn to spell fella.......... what on earth is a "luk","smrat","topik","writ","dis","fink","kool","bein", an you put "whitie" which is what you throw when you smoke to much weed lol i think you mean "witty"

I think its quite obvious he was writing like that on purpose. Perhaps you are the one with issues?

He made no real spelling mistakes, but you did.. scopeing.. its scoping.

SMG/AR noob got pwnd by qs lulz
  • 54. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    LockNTwist

asasa wrote:

MadManRob wrote:

I think its quite obvious he was writing like that on purpose. Perhaps you are the one with issues?

He made no real spelling mistakes, but you did.. scopeing.. its scoping.

SMG/AR noob got pwnd by qs lulz[/quote]

+ using 'to' instead of 'too' for the illiterate card
    + using 'an' instead of 'and' on the laziness card.
  • 55. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    zuzerial
    I, like many others, got my start quickscoping on MW2.  I was able to hold a 1.4 to 1.5 k/d exclusively quickscoping.  I then went back to CoD4 and tried it out there, as I knew it would be more of a challenge.  My k/d dropped to about 1.2 or so, but I must say that it was much more rewarding doing it without SoH Pro.  I must say that I, like most quickscopers, support the idea to take away SoH Pro on the snipers.  The entire point of quickscoping is to challenge yourself. I would, however, like to point out that I still think a little bit more needs to be done to the snipers. They seem far too inaccurate for a weapon renowned for it's pin-point precision. I will also say, though, that the snipers are significantly better than they were before the patch.
  • 56. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    Secuter
    But the problems in this game are not that QS is gone (that's good)

It is that the noobs quiclky finds the noob weapons.. or well they're just better than the other weapons. Just look at how many using the Famas or Ak74u. There should be more variety! Then it would be better!
  • 57. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    LockNTwist

zuzerial wrote:

I, like many others, got my start quickscoping on MW2.  I was able to hold a 1.4 to 1.5 k/d exclusively quickscoping.  I then went back to CoD4 and tried it out there, as I knew it would be more of a challenge.  My k/d dropped to about 1.2 or so, but I must say that it was much more rewarding doing it without SoH Pro.  I must say that I, like most quickscopers, support the idea to take away SoH Pro on the snipers.  The entire point of quickscoping is to challenge yourself. I would, however, like to point out that I still think a little bit more needs to be done to the snipers. They seem far too inaccurate for a weapon renowned for it's pin-point precision. I will also say, though, that the snipers are significantly better than they were before the patch.

They certainly are inaccurate. I don't know if it's lag or what, but it's almost impossible for me to get hits reliably. On Array, I had to shoot 4 times at someone coming through the canyon/pass before getting a hit from the field, but I one shot somebody jumping out of the main building on his way down when I was atop the tower. I guess the game just has crappy hit detection/hit boxes
  • 58. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    RunAndGun1

Only people who are bad at playing COD would suggest that Quickscoping takes skill and that it's needed. I've seen other players Quickscope. It's ridiculous. It doesn't belong in the game. Why not put Mickey Mouse with an SMG in Battlefield. That's how much sense QS makes.

If players were any good, they wouldn't need to attempt to Quickscope. It's a copout form of playing. It doesn't belong in COD, period.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next