11 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2014 8:44 PM by brucearmstrong RSS

Skylanders Collection Vault Bug Report

pbacchi

Skylanders Collection Vault Bug

I attempted to enter my entire collection into the vault, all 149 characters, and 11 gave the error message

"Toy not supported

The toy you are trying to unlock is not

supported by this application."

The Characters with this problem for me are:

Legendary Lightcore Grim Creeper

Knockout Terrafin

Lava Barf Erupted

Blizzard Chill

Anchors Away Gill Grunt

Mega Ram Spyro

Super Gulp Pop Fizz

Heavy Duty Sprocket

Big Bang Trigger Happy

Twin Blade Chop Chop

Ninja Stealth Elf

If there is a better place to submit this bug report I would be happy to submit it, however I was unable to find anything suitable.

Philip M. Bacchi

• Re: Skylanders Collection Vault Bug Report
    TenaciousX

I'm having the same problem. In addition Gill Grunt (translucent green) from Series 1 registers as a regular Gill Grunt character--also the Special Edition Gill Grunt from Giants is missing.

Dark Spyro has a number of complaints by quite a few people as well:

darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum - Skylanders: Swap Force - Activision Offers Skylanders Collection Vault App

In addition, the app crashes often. Sometimes, you don't need to do anything (I was adding figures)...other times it crashed when I tried to play a video.

Also, some of the video links do not work. An effective sweep and testing it all is in order.

TenaciousX

I can also attest that all of the chase variants currently in the Collection Vault cannot be entered. The only two that could were White Flocked Stump Smash and White Flocked Eruptor. The other ones don't register because it says I already have that toy registered. It obviously doesn't know how to determine the regular series versions vs. the chase versions---except for these two.

I can also attest that a given unique figure code cannot be shared multiple times. What are a person's venue to resolve this problem?

Will Activision confirm these are issues and work on addressing, or are we (as usual) left to our own devices.

• Re: Skylanders Vault Collection Отчет Об Ошибке
    iwan621

обратись в супорт стеам

Sonicmix

I've had the same problem with some of my figures (Super Gulp Pop Fizz, Ninja Stealth Elf, and Knockout Terrafin from SwapForce; Twin Blade Chop Chop and Blizzard Chill from Giants), as well as some other problems I've outlined in another post: Regarding Skylanders Collection Vault on iOS.

I'm very disappointed in Activision's level of support in this.  I work for a major console game retail company, and will definitely be letting all my Skylanders customers know not to expect any support from Activision should they encounter problems.

boredpeon

Just wanted to add to the group and say I'm getting this error too on Mega Ram Spyro, Blizzard Chill, and Ninja Stealth Elf. I have to say it's sad to hear Activision isn't even acknowledging this issue. I got this game for the PS4 b/c my wife thought it looked fun and simple. We've really enjoyed playing together and have dropped a few bills on getting new characters. Then they tell you to download and app to register your collection but some of the ones we buy are getting that "Toy not Supported" error. What does that even mean they make the toy? It makes you feel like you bought something defective and these aren't exactly cheap running at $10 to $15 a pop. How do kids buy these with an allowance? Maybe I'm just old and remember when my TMNT action figures were $5-$6. Growing up sucks I don't recommend it

ang_m_park

I have encountered this problem as well, the app will not accept the code for Heavy Duty Sprocket

brucearmstrong

I'll add my voice to the chorus.  App didn't recognize Wash Buckler (Color Shift), Boom Jet or Free Ranger for me.  It recognized the other 37 I have fine.

They did an update on the app on May 1st, 2014.  With this version (and perhaps earlier versions) I'm able to add Skylanders to the collection without having the secret code or placing the Skylander on the portal.  I just went to the character, hit "I own it", then pressed "no code" under the "From Sticker" option.  Just like that, added to collection.