34 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2014 4:47 AM by AlteredVista RSS

CoD Ghosts:  Worst CoD multiplayer yet?

muralscotprice

I was wondering if anybody else thinks this is the worst CoD multiplayer yet?

So far the things that are worrisome:

1)  Time to Kill/Die -  It seems like if you get shot once you are dead.  Is it hardcore for everybody now?  Gone are the days where you could actually get into a gun fight with somebody.

2)  Graphics - I play CoD on the Xbox 360, and it appears that the graphics for Ghosts are a giant step backwards.  The graphics seem like they were an afterthought.  It looks worse than MW2 (which I liked in 2009).  It is 2013, graphics have come a long way but not in this game.

3)  Number of Players - Why limit multiplayer to just 12 people?

4)  Muting players - Maybe I just cant find out how, but does anybody know how to mute just a single player?  In the past you could pull up the lobby info, and scroll down to the player you wanted to mute, but I cant find that now.

I wonder if the graphics of ghosts for Xbox 360 was overlooked due to the fact that the Xbox One will be coming out soon after.

• Re: CoD Ghosts:  Worst CoD multiplayer yet?
    OzDaRedEvil

Well for PC (in my experience) Things aren't much better........

Single player Gameplay

Graphics leave alot to be desired (stabbing air to meley kill your op)

Movie outakes out of sync

Super Short Game play lasted less than 5 hrs

Lack of weapons (total of about 6 different guns and shot a rocket launcher twice! and didn't collect grenades till half game)

Was forced to run with the gameplay, no hidden guns or exploring just move,move,move

As for Multiplayer

Well i keep getting errors without any hint of repair or appology from Activision

Battlefield 4 or Arma 3 might be a better choice for me........

BamBoozeLLed

Here is a list of BF4 issues (Not Full), Im on my way back to CoD. Just thought you would like to know.

1, constant crashes.

2, severe frame rate drops on multiple maps.

3, broken support perks.

4, enemies revived beneath the floor.

5, enemies half in the floor half out and invincible.

6, Iron sights not rendering and being a solid black blob.

7, invisible enemies.

8, spawning with no gun.

9, countermeasures NEVER work.

10, no free commander slots.

11, server browser not working.

12, loss of game sound.

13, triangles all over my screen.

14, all players running around backwards for a good five minutes at start of the game.

15, being shot around corners & through cover.

16, system crashes requiring hard reset then no access to psn for about 10 minutes with error code 80710080 (happened several times now).

17, No hit markers for whole games on multiple servers.

18, Upon revive no hit markers until death and full respawn.

19, if revived while accessing my loadout it freezes me to the spot unable to move accept/decline revive or redeploy forcing me to quit server.

20, broken squad perks that reset to zero for only dying once.

21, Squad perks not being earned at all for any in game actions.

22, playing BF4 on 2 systems with my wife results in me being kicked from games when she joins, then she gets kicked also.

23, No reload animations.

24, enemies having green or blue names over their heads.

25, random team kills out in the open when NOT playing hardcore.

26, Randomly exploding for no apparent reason and getting killed in action, again when sprinting through open spaces with on exploding objects near by.

27, Operation locker is unplayable 100% of the time.

28, Glitched xp both being less than what it should be like only 50xp per kill and also being more than what it should be.

29, Servers being full of MANY nationalities causing horrible lag.

30, campaign game data corruptions twice.

31, weapon fire mode randomly switching itself ( I bought a new ps3 pad last week to see if mine was duff).

32, weapon and vehicle attachments changing on their own.

33, battlelog being broken ingame and not showing what my friends are playing even though i can see they are through the XMB.

34, Grenades not able to go through holes in walls & bouncing off like the hole is not there.

35, Grenades not able to go through some doors and bouncing back.

36, Repair tool not working sometimes.

37, being killed whilst disarming the m-coms in rush grants me the xp for the destroy if it detonated.

38, grenades can not be thrown out of containers, you see them leave and land where you intend then you explode and die.

39, being killed while the screen is still black when spawning.

40, killing enemies by spamming while the screen is black when spawning.

41, crashing when attempting to join friends games occasionally.

42, floating laser sights.

43, lasers burned into walls and other objects likely related to issue 42.

44, game sounds muffled if revived while applying a booster until start button is pressed twice.

45, spawning with defibs and other gear items equipped instead of gun.

46, throwing a med kit with a sidearm equipped forces your guy to hold mad kit in hands until you switch weapon leaving you open for easy death.

47, The final shot of the IGLA is useless as you auto weapon switch the moment you fire and are unable to hold the lock for the hit.

McZOMBI

Not sure about worst as I still have nightmares about MW3 but I'm just not getting much fun out of it. I thought it was because the maps are big but most of them aren't, they're just poorly designed. They look like singleplayer levels and favour 'realism' over playability. Too many windows, too many levels, too many routes and no obvious killzones where you're guaranteed a gunfight. Just about every design decision seems to slow the pace of the game down. It's getting boring quicker than any previous COD even though now I'm doing pretty well in it..

rankismet

muralscotprice wrote:

I was wondering if anybody else thinks this is the worst CoD multiplayer yet?

So far the things that are worrisome:

1)  Time to Kill/Die -  It seems like if you get shot once you are dead.  Is it hardcore for everybody now?  Gone are the days where you could actually get into a gun fight with somebody.

2)  Graphics - I play CoD on the Xbox 360, and it appears that the graphics for Ghosts are a giant step backwards.  The graphics seem like they were an afterthought.  It looks worse than MW2 (which I liked in 2009).  It is 2013, graphics have come a long way but not in this game.

3)  Number of Players - Why limit multiplayer to just 12 people?

4)  Muting players - Maybe I just cant find out how, but does anybody know how to mute just a single player?  In the past you could pull up the lobby info, and scroll down to the player you wanted to mute, but I cant find that now.

I wonder if the graphics of ghosts for Xbox 360 was overlooked due to the fact that the Xbox One will be coming out soon after.

OP... I would like to introduce you to Black Ops 2..

You're welcome.

NadeGoBoom

Time to kill right now is broken due to the fact the lag compensation isnt optimized as it appears in a kill cam you were shot 4-6 times but your screen it appears instant. This is due to your Player C in this scenario where Player A is the host and Player B is the enemy shooting you.  Player A's xbox granted Player B to be half a second ahead of you due to his ping and is receiving lag compensation to offset your connections since you have a better ping to host. Player A's xbox detects  you were killed in 6 shots but since hes ahead of you in the game by half a second your live game catches up to the host and it appears as only half the shots fired landed and is interpreted as a your dead giving you no time to react. Your kill cam shows 6 hitmarkers on you but you might have encountered 2 to 3  due to the quick shift in time by the host trying to catch you up to Player A's current timeline in the game.

So the time to kill isnt bad its the lag comp that is making it seem like instant deaths before people come around corners or otherwise giving you the feeling there is nothing you could have done to prevent it.

The only current best scenario is to be the host and be playing with people in your region that all have good pings to you so therefore minimal compensation is given and then you actually have host advantage. This very relevant when you see lag switchers and I suggest you watch their gameplay as when they lag the game their shots connect instantly  even when game data is lagged out.

Being host and playing with people with mediocre pings your xbox will grant them lag comp against you and will ultimately not allow you any host advantage except for anyone that had a decent ping to you.

TG-ThoMz

Although i agree with what you are saying.. the biggest part of dying too quick is the fact that bullet damage and ALL AR's and SMG's is over 33. This means 3 bullet kills in a majority of engagements, combine that with low recoil/spread weapons and ttk is less than a 1/4 sec on all weapons- some are like less than a 1/10th sec (msbs).

Compared to BO2 for example, there are only 2 guns that are over 33- AN and Scar- both have considerably lower rof.

Damage this high makes it extremely easy to kill even if your aim is soft. It also takes gunfights out of the game which is on some levels disappointing as it sort of makes how you play Core and HC the same.

I know guys have complained and called other games being 'spongey'- but if your aim is right on and your not jumping/dropping; guys went down just fine.

ScavengerHunt

NadeGoBoom wrote:

Time to kill right now is broken due to the fact the lag compensation isnt optimized

This.

Lag comp = broken = GAME BROKEN

HC is even worse. On your screen it will show the enemy running full sprint around corner towards you. (no way he can stop fast enough to shoot you) Then you die instantly out of nowhere, because that guy appearently stopped running and shot you faster then you had time to comprehend what was happening.

Sniping is busted on HC because of this too. Can even count the number of time i fired, heard the shoot, was on target. and then died out of nowhere without getting the kill.

Been playing since COD4, and i actually think i am getting worse at COD because of this game.

Past version have only helped to improve the franchise in some way, This game is a step back the way it is now.

EJKHunter

Also be aware that while damage has been increased a bit over past IW CoD titles, overall health in Core modes is reduced below what was once 100%. 70% health in those games is 100% in Ghosts, which ultimately reduces TTK and lowers the absorption sponge rate Core players once took for granted.

It isn't that they're making everything Hardcore, it's that they're phasing HC modes out (clearly just by the number we've been reduced to in the last few games), but in order to keep that hunk of the playerbase buying they have to balance Core down to meet a more happy-medium for both sides. Personally, being a HC player primarily, Core in Ghosts is far more enjoyable than it was in previous titles. I don't get OHK's with most weapons, but I don't feel as though I have to dump a whole clip of AR ammo into someone in order to put them down. Two or three shots does it with most ARs in this game. It isn't a perfect system yet, but they're on the right track for not losing a third of the overall playerbase should they decide to fully nix the whole "Hardcore" label. I honestly expect Advanced Warfare to be closer to 50% maximum health of earlier titles, which really is a good medium for the series to adapt. Titanfall is a good example, it just has standard modes but I don't feel like enemy pilots are sponges, they go down in a fair number of shots to the chest depending on the weapon. This is something CoD should have been doing for years, instead of creating such a huge gap in the playerbase with Core and Hardcore. With all the steps in the wrong direction this game took, this was honestly one of the right ones.

maadman

It's actually my favorite COD multiplayer to date.  If they could just fix the spawning it would be approaching perfection IMO.  At times, the spawning is enough to make me want to stick a fork in my eye.  The dogs could probably also be nerfed a little health wise.  It's hard to kill them with single, slow firing weapons.

I was growing a little tired of the hip fire smg fest where people would hide and chain helicopter killstreaks to a max killstreak like dogs.  There isn't much incentive to camp out killstreaks on this game IMO, b/c they just aren't that powerful and you won't get mega kills with them in most cases.  You'd likely get more kills by hunting people down.

The pace of this game is a breath of fresh air compared to that style.   The map with the hot dog stand is enough of a run and gun map to quench my thirst for super fast paced action right now.

I should point out that I primarily play core TDM and some Domination every now and then... so for people who were big into one of the modes that aren't on the game right now I can see where that would be upsetting.

Also.. about the mute thing... you can mute people now with the start button then click mute players.  You couldn't do this on release but it was made available after the last update thing.

kkm4

I agree with this being the best cod yet. Saw a youtube video where they split screened the ps3 against the ps4 and yes I do agree that this game was made more for the next-gen consoles. Never the less I think it is playing just fine on the 360.

TH3_IT

No, and regarding mute function....the only other way I have found, is to go to recent players through Xbox live dashboard and mute them that way.

Rednecksniper39

I will just go ahead and address your points in a list as to why I don't think it is the worst yet, or even close to the worst.

1.  I believe the fast kill time is to make it harder for people to drop shot, turn on people, and to help the "shoot first die first" problems that happened because of lag.

2. I can say that looking at ghost on my 360 and from what I have seen of the XB1 version it look about the same as the other COD games. COD has not been known for being a ground breaking game graphically.

3. Every COD so far has been 6v6 with the exception of ground war modes. My understanding has been that the the builds of COD on current-gen consoles are not capable of bigger modes.

4. Not really sure on this one.

Based on the reason you gave I can't see how they could contribute to this being the "Worst COD multiplayer yet"

Ovrlord

I think this is the worst COD multiplayer so far. The connection is an absolute mess at times. The same old issues with lag compensation/latency from past titles continues to "entertain" players up to this day. You would think after all this time of making these games they would learn a thing or two, but the connection seems to get worse with each release. I try to take this game slower just like everyone else, but that barely helps when I still die after I shoot someone first, and I shoot absolutely nothing on the killcam. Don't even try to give me the garbage that the killcams are not meant to be 100% accurate. They at least show you part of what happened if not the full story, and I know from what I see that what happened on that killcam did not happen on my screen, and I got cheated out of a kill I should have gotten. Plus, with the maps being so big and the time to kill being so low, all people do on this game is camp. The game is already slow paced due to the map sizes, so people decide to slow it down even further by camping. Any amount of fun that could have been had just disappears when multiple people on the enemy team play like that. The spawns are the worst it has been in any COD to date. Everytime I kill someone, I get shot in the back by someone spawning right on my arse. I spawn right in my enemy's line of sight.

Those dedicated servers better get implemented as promised and it better alleviate some of these problems or I will definitely not keep this garbage.

jcostanzo27

I dont know what everyone is crying about. . .this is by far my fav COD to date,   I started playing multiplayer in MW2 so this is only my fifth one but i love everything about the game.

are their lag issues,  yea.  are there times when you get hit after you run around a corner, yup   but these are in every COD

tI love the marksman class,     I think the AR's are sweet.   one complaint is the vision for the sniper scopes is poor.   

I love the maps

mischaelite

Best CoD to date.

When they have done away with the hackers this game will rule for a long time and will be the game in this Next-Gen we all look back to and say "CoD was as its best then." and to which all other CoDs will be compared, just like it was for CoD4 in the gen of consoles before this.

XSIDIS

Honestly could not agree more. I love the way this game plays to be honest. The maps are all surreal and make you think about where you should be going before you sprint into the open. I personally see a lot of strategy involved in Ghosts unlike any CoD before. I don't like that they took out most of the "skill-gap", because that helped define CoD back in the day. I must say that in ways this game makes me reminisce of CoD4, the best CoD to ever be made.

MadMike2099

This is by far the worst COD to date hands down!!!

Here are a few reasons why:

1.) The maps are far too large for the fast paced game play that COD is known for. (They are game-breaking in fact.)

2.) Very limited Hardcore game modes. Including the removal of Search & Destroy. (Core sucks!)

3.) Grenade launcher dynamic changed. (If you don't like explosives then tough ****!)

4.) Ricochet is back (Stay out of the damn way!)

5.) Sat Coms are useless (Bring back the UAV)

6.) Quickscoping (Absolutely absurd)

7.) SMG's are like BB guns now (WTF)

8.) Knifing (Stop whining about the panic knife)

9.) Create a class system (BO2 had it right)

10.) LAG (At the very least bring back region search)

These are only a few of the many reasons this game is a pile of **** but I think a lot of people are starting to wake up to the scam that Activision has established with this franchise. I love COD but it is dying! Sometimes less is more and they should realize that. COD4 is a great example of that. Great game. It required some tweaking but is still the best COD in the series because it simplified everything.

Just one mans humble opinion.

gotsomestars

Funny you mention " stop whining" in one of the ten things you are crying about.

XSIDIS

1.) It was implemented early on that there would be larger maps, you seem so surprised, is this more of because you haven't got used to the pace of them?? Im confused what is so wrong with larger maps? They're a perfect medium. Its not like every map is stone haven come on.

2.) Hardcore was going down hill, minimal people played hardcore as the CoD's have progressed and there was hardly a need for it anymore so they simply dumbed it down a little.

3.) Why would you complain about explosives damage, we don't want this to turn in to MW2 all over again, any game joined in Mw2 today is filled with one-man-army danger close punks and thats why it is not played as often today as it should be....

4.) Ricochet is back.......and????

5.)Sat coms are only useless if you don't know how to use them. The kill streaks have more purpose and this game and are beginning to look down on slapping the left dpad for a kill streak, they're all about strategy and can be beyond effective if used correctly, you should look into it a little they're actually pretty cool if you can get 2 or 3 down simultaneously.

6.) Quickscoping, i used to live on quickscoping in previous cods but I'm not even going to go there.

7.) I honestly have no idea what you're talking about with the SMGs, could you give an example? lol i feel like every gun is fairly well and i don't even use half of them..

8.) What about knifing, from what I've heard most think the new knifing animation is sick. Would you rather have this or the outrageously annoying, and basically useless trey arch knives.....i refuse to even use my knife in a trey arch made game.

9.) I think the class system is outstanding, sure most argue that there is no incentive to play because how easy everything is to get but i also think those are the people who hardly have researched the barracks and operations with all the various unlocks and patches how could you get bored? and they've added and entire character customization with further unlocks? i don't see a valid argument here.....oh and the perks, if you dare say the perks suck you don't understand game development what so ever.

10.) Honestly Lag was the only thing you could think of?

I don't think Ghosts is by any means the worst multiplayer. It is very strategic and conditioned, reminds me of the OG CoD4(Very dumbed down) If you can't hang on Ghosts its probably because you are one of the noobs that enjoys trey arch games where everyone is equal and no one is meant to dominate. Learn some strategy and look at the fun side of the game, complaining isn't getting your 60 dollars back anytime soon.

MadMike2099

While I respect your opinion mate I absolutely disagree. To even compare this game to COD4 is an insult to the best multiplayer experience in the entire series. (At least until the hackers took it over).

By the way, I'm no company fan boy so calling me a Treyarch noob and acting as if I shouldn't voice my concerns as a consumer of the game, since it's creation, is a bit silly mate. Both companys have made good and bad contributions to the series but I think they have gone too far away from what originally made the game great. It's a fast paced arcade style FPS which is why millions flocked to the game in COD4. But since then they have tried to slow the pace and dumb down the game making it noob friendly. If I wanted to strategize and play at a slower pace I would play Battlefield but that's not my cup of tea.

If you enjoy Ghosts that's great. After all it's your 60 dollars. I simply think they should take a look back and see what made COD a great gaming experience.

NoLifeKing32

Not even close to being the worst COD, its easily better than MW2 MW3 and BO2.

snowyballsuk

Yes! The developers have listened too much to people moaning about campers so the maps are designed to stop this, but all you get is a mess of too many different levels too many ways in and out of buildings, no choke points and the result is once your in the enemy area you get spawned behind and shot! Remember crash on modern warfare?? The pleasure we got from clearing a building of snipers, sneaking past the claymores... Or if you were the sniper the pleasure of getting in the building setting up your claymores and sniping the enemy at the other end of the map???? Because there is so much info in the game now the lag is worse than ever couple this with the map design and all you get is frustration now:-( play modern warfare this was the peak of the cod series its been downhill since then..... developers sometimes bigger is not better.

admunday

You can either mute in the lobby or during the game with the start button.  From here you get the option to mute players.

HeyYoRocksNBlows

This is by far the worst Call of Duty. Hands down....

It's almost 2014 and we're going backwards. I didn't spawn and die in Rainbow 6 Vegas as quick as it happens in Ghosts. Everybody count your next game and atleast 4-5 times a game you will instantly die upon respawn. Get out of the business if you haven't learned to spawn us the farthest away from an enemy by now. A room is never clear in Ghosts. As soon as you turn around you die.

Tonight I shot and detonated an IED on a door frame only to run through th door and set off the IED on the other side of the wall. Call me crazy for expecting the IED I shot to cause the one inches away to detonate also. I know for a fact that in past COD's explosives would set off chain reactions if set off in proximity to other explosives. Not the case in Ghosts.

That brings me to no longer having control of what I play. There was a time I could define my game search. What I mean is that if I didn't like IEDS or grenades I could input that into a search and find games that had those items locked. No longer the case. Add to that I play Hardcore and now my options are even slimmer. 4 game modes....thanks

Apollo7000

could not agree more. It is rubbish. I've spent the last two months plaguing my ISP and have a very smooth 60mb link as a result. No change. It's still rubbish. I've got the latest and greatest Asus router with port forwarding and google DNS configured. Still s--t. I live in London with all the best ISP infrastructure under my feet. It's still awful. dedicated servers = snake oil. with BO2 I could get around the poor game performance by playing in the morning and then giving up in the afternoon When the US came on line and the kids got out of school. This game is bad all the time. The distribution of k/d makes no sense. A random selection of players will not result in one group getting 15+ kills and low deaths while the other group are getting a opposite result 15+ deaths and 7 kills top score....time and time again. Remove my own performance, it still makes no sense unless the underlying model is faulty. It is. Complete sh&it.

ScavengerHunt

I did all this when BO2 came out and had some lag issues. used google benchmarking tool, and mturoute.exe, to find and optimise my best dns. helped a bit back then, but did nothing for this game.

Lag comp is garbage in ghost no way around it. its just bad, im tired of not being able to react to gun fire. Just gave up went back to BO2. Maybe in a few months i will try again, but right now there are way too many problems with this game. Sadly i think this will be the last IW version of cod i will buy as it always seems i just end up going back to the previous 3arc version.

They just see to be concerned with fixing useless errors, and not actually improving the games performance. Adding Heavy Duty mode was just a lazy way to appease the masses rather then actually fixing the lag issues.

captain_howdy69

muralscotprice wrote:

I wouldn't say it's the worst multiplayer yet. The game is fine, it's just the players that kill it by using all the cheap and cheesy ways to get kills and everybody camping like scared little *******.

And, for the record, I've been playing CoD since CoD2 as it was an xbox 360 launch game. I even played CoD: Big Red One and the very first CoD aka CoD Classic when it came with MW2 Prestige Edition.

As for muting players, you now have to press start (pause mid game and stand there defenseless) and go to mute players or something like that to bring up a list of players where you can then press A to mute individual people. Now that is probably one of the biggest steps backwards the game has made since it used to be super quick and easy to mute people without having to stand still. Also, I've found that if you use the mute all option, if you join another lobby with different players, they will all be muted as well.

Sometimes I wonder if the guys (and gals) at Infinity Ward and Treyarch even play their own games and if they do, do they ever play them outside of their own private LAN environment.

Cartmanz

it got worse ever since the release of the actual 2nd DLC came out

zingaa

This thread should be titled "worst players yet". This game seems to show the true colors of bad players, their skill rises to the top.

CallofDookie2014

The player count #'s don't lie. There will always be some that love, hate, or just are kind of neutral. Player counts indicate more of a hate than anything else...

Adeeez100

No way, not by a long shot, your first point holds some credence and with alteration would be altogether better in many respects.

Not going to start pointing fingers towards which i think are the worst, but honestly, i'm baffled by the overall negativity towards this one, it's not too shabby in my humble opinion.

AlteredVista

No, it's one of the best. People are just too close minded and play scared.