10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 1:59 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Friendly Kill from field orders???

itchybubble

Why oh why is it that if a have a field order reward which just happens to kill a friend does it kill me?

Surely this should not be classed as friendly fire if the strike was to kill one of my own as its uncontrollable  and its not as if i have tried to shoot the guy in the back...

Its the same with many rewards and its very annoying but has been a problem in previous CODS and needs to be sorted.

• Re: Friendly Kill from field orders???
    starbuckfrack

I dont understand . Is this in hardcore mode ? If it is you should stop killing freinds. Its called hardcore for a reason.

If not that then what do you mean ? Because this is the first COD with feild orders.

itchybubble

Well take the map warhawk for instance - the special field order on that map is SALVO - a number of missiles.

If i set salvo off there is a chance one of the missiles might just drop on 1 of my allies and is classed as friendly fire, resulting in me being killed.

I have no control over those missiles and not particularly looking at killing 1 of my allies so why should it go against me after i have completed the field order?

EJKHunter

Okay, as far as I'm understanding.. you play Hardcore modes.. where Friendly Fire (aka, shooting, blowing up, knifing, etc.) will result in you being killed instead because of Ricochet... and you complete a Field Order for a Care Package and when it drops, you get a Mortar Strike Salvo.. so when you set it off, when it hits teammates it kills you every time...

and you, knowing full well in Hardcore modes ricochet will kill you, are complaining? Either this is a troll post and needs deleted, or you're not able to understand basic rules or instructions... in which case, just tell your team to get indoors before you set it off... huh, funny how easy that is to solve when you give yourself a minute to think before you go off about something.

gotsomestars

Its only a problem in the cods where the devas er I mean devs were smart enough to have ricochet, even though the community told them what a bad idea was.

ukscorpz

If you are playing with randoms then expect to be killed lots as there is always some fool who feels the need to run around rather than take cover when the warning comes in.

All the more reason to play with a party.

Its nearly as bad as the A-10 in BO2, that thing killed more firendlies than enemy and would always get you booted from a game!

rankismet

itchybubble wrote:

Why oh why is it that if a have a field order reward which just happens to kill a friend does it kill me?

Surely this should not be classed as friendly fire if the strike was to kill one of my own as its uncontrollable  and its not as if i have tried to shoot the guy in the back...

Its the same with many rewards and its very annoying but has been a problem in previous CODS and needs to be sorted.

Welcome to the results of ricochet.

iHattoriHanzo0

Reminds me of triple killing myself with a precision air strike on Dome MW3.

ChronoZombie

I'm generally okay with friendly fire, but there needs to be a line drawn where things are clearly not your fault.  If my teammate sits on my claymore/betty/IED when an enemy triggers it, that's his problem, not mine.   If something you have no control over, like the bombs from a Battle Hind, kills a teammate, then you shouldn't be penalized.  Chopper gunners, MAAWS, Gryphons- definitely.  You are behind the trigger.

I am pretty sure either MW3 or BO2 actually changed so that aerial streaks like stealth bombers didn't trigger a penalty, but I forget which one.

nicedrewishfela

In Hardcore you have to be aware before putting those types of rewards out. Call it out, advise your teammates to get to cover. If they are near an enemy there is a chance of friendly fire. It is part of playing Hardcore. You can't just set rewards out without thought or planning.

And another reason Ricochet is ridiculous.