1 2 3 4 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 7:46 PM by DalekonDrugs Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    TrueSparky

It kind of is IW's fault. They have a broken game. This hasn't happened in the Treyarch CODs.

BO2 Mods/Glitches

-Spawning with war machine/grenade launcher [Which was fixed]

Ghosts Mods/Glitches

-Spawning with mini gun

-All perks on one class

-God mode

-Invisible people

-High XP for kills in DOM

-Modded leaderboards [Haven't been fixed and probably won't like all other IW games]

-Now these stupid modded lobbies.

• 11. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    TrueSparky

Try to find me on one.

GT:OKHJ

• 12. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Audiophile

Enjoy the game while you can because you will most likely be banned very soon. If you happen to join a match, and someone checks your stats and sees that you attained your score/rank/prestige through mods, you WILL be reported. IW will then investigate, see the modded lobby you participated in, and drop the ban hammer. I found myself in a modded lobby the other day (through a normal matchmaking - NOT an invite) - as soon as I joined HC Dom and saw the score was 9,000 - 8,000, it was pretty clear it was a modded lobby. I didn't move, I didn't shoot, I left immediately and reported every member that was in the room (through my recent players list) - this is the correct action to take. If you stayed in the game and played the game, you will be banned.

• 13. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    zingaa

In the op's defense, IW needs to get these things fixed, you should be able to accept a game invite without repercussions. Like I said before, some kid in the middle of nowhere who may not be "up to speed" on the latest glitches/hacks and may not know better shouldn't be punished for what I feel is IW's mistake.

Now with that being said, I'm giving the op benefit of the doubt, but If you're not telling the truth then you get what you deserve.

• 14. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    zingaa

starbuckfrack wrote:

Why did you think that you had to accept the policies of Xbox Live before you made your gamertag. One of them is not playing with anyone using game exploits. It isnt their fault you joined that modded lobby and you know it.

I can tell you the truth but you dont want to hear that. I bet if you posted your gamertag we would find it on a hacking site.

The modded lobbies shouldn't be there in the first place, that is IW's fault imo. I don't know if this kid's telling the truth and either do you, so spare us the cynical crap. I'm sure right at this moment you're frantically searching google for the kid's gamertag and I can imagine your eyes light up if you find something, Inspector Starbuck is on the case.

• 15. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    KTPhoenix

Treyarch has its own share of modded lobbies. To think that these game companies can stop every single hack/mod is delusional thinking.

It doesnt matter what kind of precaution they take against it, someone will find a way to hack/mod the game. We live in an age of hacking and modding, you are going to sit there and tell me that IW and Treyarch can stop these things from happening as simple as that?

Sorry, not buying it.

• 16. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    zingaa

KTPhoenix wrote:

Treyarch has its own share of modded lobbies. To think that these game companies can stop every single hack/mod is delusional thinking.

It doesnt matter what kind of precaution they take against it, someone will find a way to hack/mod the game. We live in an age of hacking and modding, you are going to sit there and tell me that IW and Treyarch can stop these things from happening as simple as that?

Sorry, not buying it.

Not necessarily as simple as that, but yeah I think they can fix these problems. I'm assuming they have a team of developers that can easily figure out how these lobbies are getting created and fix it. Just my opinion obviously..

Sure things are hacked every day, but almost always fixed asap. Target, Sony etc..very seldom do they allow the hacks to continue. Now I know there's a huge difference between hacks that cost billions of dollars versus a gaming lobby, but my point is they can be fixed and should be..

• 17. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    KTPhoenix

But it is like a Hydra, for every counter measure that goes into effect, there will be multiple people coming back to go against it and then the problem will continue. Hackers and modders dont give up. And there are hacks and mods that slip through the cracks. Always will.

Its not that simple. They cannot keep up. Think about it this way. The dev team most likely only has 1 or 2 people working on the security software which takes a hell of a long time to write, in the mean time people are running amok. When they finally release a patch, the hackers and modders are ready for it and that means the devs have to create yet another patch that will inevitably be bypassed just as easily and they are not going to waste time and money on constant patches that are going to be bypassed like that after they put in months of work just to be shot down in a matter of days. PLUS, they would also be working on the security for the NEXT game in production.

So when you look at it that way, there is no way you can blame it on the dev. They are doing as much as they possibly can.

• 18. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Audiophile

As a previous poster stated - they are working on the fixes. They have already corrected the invisibility hack and are working on the others. Unfortunately, the hacks modify the actual source code on the engine used to run the game - I am not a programmer, but that tells me they would need to create a whole new engine or modify the existing engine substantially to remove any chance of hacking. And let's not pretend that Ghosts is the first / only CoD game that people have hacked / used mods - we all know that EVERY CoD title has had exploits, hacks, and mods......not buying the OP's stance that they "didn't know"......there are DOZENS of posts throughout the forums about the mods and hacks.......

• 19. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

Doesnt matter what your opinion is. It doesnt even matter what the OPs opinion is. Doesnt matter what my opinion is. Anyone of us could be wrong.

Activision has detailed data on this player. They are the ones who will make a decision. If they decide to ban him there is nothing ever that anyone can do.

Many people in this game have been banned that think they dont deserve it . Many players on Xbox Live got banned and players think they dont deserve it.

For years now people have been using a program that exploits a glitch to make your avatar blue. But people will still get banned for modding their avatar. Even the people that did not know it was a violation.

But here is the thing . They DID know. The knew the moment they made their gamertag when they signed that they agreed that everything done on their account is their responsibility as well as the part where the will not participate in exploits with another player. If they DIDNT read that part then it is still their fault because they signed stating they DID read it. Or the parent signed that they DID read it to their children. If they signed it and DIDNT read it then they lied, again their fault.

If they signed an agreement even if it was harsh saying "I promise not to eat chicken from the buffet table or I will get arrested" and they eat chicken from the buffet table and get arrested thats their own fault , not mine. THEN they guy should talk directly to the arresting officer, not to stand in the middle of a crowded jail cell yelling about what he did to get arrested.

The player did not make a choice to fall into that modded lobby , that much may be true. But what is going to kill him is him deciding to stay in that modded lobby.

Now my suggestion is the same hypocritical statement as you made for me in another thread. Stop backseat moderating and let the moderators do their job if you think I am violating policy. I mean if I am not supposed to do it then shouldnt you stop doing it too ?

If the OP didnt want to get flamed for supposedly modding the game perhaps he shouldnt have posted this on a public forum and instead contacted Activision directly ? In either case Activision will give him no sympathy except "I am sorry you are having trouble"and "If you got banned I am sorry there is nothing we can do".

See the rule at the top of the first page ? "Last but not least, please search before posting. We have lots of users and lots of content that gets discussed. Help us prevent spam!" If he would just once try reading the rules he wouldnt have this problem would he ? He could have easily searched for an answer and no one would have ever known.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next