1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 7:46 PM by DalekonDrugs Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    nicedrewishfela

Right, and Drug Cartels, Con Men, and Thieves shouldn't exist... that has to be the Police's fault... right? And we should blame the Military for the existence of Terrorists... right?

Blame the hackers. They are the ones who perpetrate the crime and the ones who should get the brunt of our ire. There are A LOT more of us out here than IW has to combat them. WE are their best weapon in combating these actions. It it not as easy to investigate as we'd like to think, and often times harder to prove. At least the worst that has happened thus far is stats being boosted or reset, and no personal info or payment info stolen... so they do have their priorities right as far as security goes.

Can they do better? I am sure. But to blame crime on someone other than the perpetrator is foolish.

• 21. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    yovlud

My favorite thing to tell people who thinks IW/Treyarch/Activision can stop all the modding/hacking...the United States Department of Defense networks are hackable...so if someone wants to hack/mod a videogame, it's going to happen no matter how hard the devolopers try to avoid or stop it.  Call of Duty 4 was hacked when it came out, World at War was hacked when it came out, MW2 was hacked when it came out, Black Ops was hacked when it came out, MW3 was hacked when it came out, Black Ops 2 was hacked when it came out, Ghosts has been hacked, and the next Call of Duty game will be hacked when it comes out, and then the next one after that will be hacked.

All they can do is stop the ones doing it now, they can't prevent it in the future unfortunately.

• 22. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    yovlud

No, they haven't fixed the invisibility cheat...I got into a game against 2 of them around 3am this morning.  So, I reported and filed complaints on them and moved on.

• 23. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    OnlyBeastz

yeah ghosts sucks because of modded lobbies. Treyarch would NEVER have something like this happen in their game (maybe aside from all the ******* prestige master glitches!)

• 24. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Quim

You shouldn't be so hard on this guy. I join randomer's games all the time. All of my friends list bar a few are people I have met online. If it's so dangerous to join random people MS shouldn't allow it. Plus, just to shoot you down, you can join a public match and end up in a hacked lobby so that's your argument out the window.

• 25. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    starbuckfrack

Yeah but JOINING a hacked lobby wont get you banned most likely but staying in one will. If joining a hacked lobby was bannable then 25 percent of the people would have been banned a month ago.

• 26. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Quim

Sounds like the OP wasn't aware he was in a hacked game.

Next!

• 27. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    nicedrewishfela

Regardless, You are responsible for Your Gamertag.

• 28. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    Quim

Thanks for your utterly useless input nicedrewishfela. It's not a matter of responsibility. The guy just wants a bit of help. All he needs to be told is that no one actually cares, not the fact that it's his fault he got in to a hacked lobby. It isn't his fault, he's just unfortunate. If IW wanted to they could reset him back to what he was. If he was looking for a hacked lobby to rank up, he wouldn't immediately come on the forum and ask for it to be reversed, would he?

• 29. Re: My profile was modded please help.
    nicedrewishfela

How is personal responsibility useless?

I didn't accuse him of anything, did I? No.