1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 174 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 8:03 AM by darkbagpuss Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    starbuckfrack

Sorry to say this but pretty sure Ghosts also runs on "Hybrid" servers on BOTH Xone and PS4.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpgkjd

Notice in that tweet he doesnt specify EITHER the Xone or the PS4. Or the 360 and the ps3 for that matter.

• 81. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    domgalmem

starbuckfrack,

not one of your responses carries any useful information, but simply tries to discount what I have said. I don't care whether you are a programmer, you and I are the same making this suppositions because neither of us has provided any evidence for support our aurgument. And you statement suggesting there has been years of evidence, there is currently tons of evidence online speaking to what I do experience in this game. Just because Lag Com was developed to strictly do one thing does not mean that it could not affect what is pleaguing many gamers. Very simply put, the original designated use for the tech in metal detectors is very different from the bulk of use it gets today!!!

• 82. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    ion5150

The thing is ghamorra, while your statement is very true, what's more amazing, somehow it's always the user's setup, never the game (code) itself.

I find it amusing, when I can use the same setup (equipment, connectivity, etc.) and play the prior iterations and those games plays better than the current offering.

Again, I do agree with you. But it really is laughable, how the canned/default answer from those involved, state ... it's the users setup and not the game, just has to be, cause the game (code) is perfect!

• 83. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    nuttin2say

ion5150 wrote:

Again, I do agree with you. But it really is laughable, how the canned/default answer from those involved, state ... it's the users setup and not the game, just has to be, cause the game (code) is perfect!

What's laughable is everyone looking for a silver bullet answer to lag experiences. There's a lot of things that could be causing them. But no, everyone wants to yank the engine out of the car and start fresh because fuel economy has dropped 25%. Never mind tires not being inflated properly, never mind that someone left the parking break on, never mind that the place you buy your gasoline from has water in their tanks ... do you see my point?

• 84. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    PRaNK5STa7

definitely no silver bullet. Massive thread! Read a lot, my 2 cents. big post sorry.

macabi is right latency between host and players is usually the biggest cause of lag. even if you have a great download upload ratio doesn't matter this is bandwidth not latency to the host. Often providers will buffer traffic during peak periods or all the time due to congestion which will still mean u can p2p heaps of data but the travel time is slower.  if you think this is you look for providers that offer priority to gaming traffic, they are out there Sometime it is an option you can get activated.

OTher causes include your router buffering due to multiple people Using net at once. P2p is a killer, u can also get routers that can prioritize specific ports and gaming traffic. time consuming and expensive but also an Option.

OS is another cause. Having played 360 ps3 and ps4 I can say ps deal with network to game faster than ms. Mainly due to Linux and freebsd being very efficient between network and application layers. ps4 is very good at this, and is why people are noticing the difference.

LAg comp. where do I start... this is programming to attempt to even the playing field between high and low ping players in a game. I believe this is done by negating some of the time between when players see and shoot each other so it's closer to a real reaction time. Other things like not allowing shots to hit or predicting where a player will be while running to reduce the perception of lag. I found mw3 and bo2 didn't protect the host and good ping players, and they were often discriminated against. Cod4 loved the host And those close to him. honestly the only guys who know what this is are the developers. Just know it's probably the best I have seen in a cod title with ghosts.

game speed, ghosts is slower than mw3 by 15%or something like that. Bo to bo2 is a massive jump is game speed and why bo2 was so laggy Compared to Bo. The faster the player can move the more obvious lag is. Good move slowing it down a little.

Matchmaking is more than finding someone close to you. if you have high pings it will look for high ping games to even it up, hence why Rex got a good game off his 3G (btw 3G 4g wouldn't have made much diff bro). Tried this before and it will match you with other games where players have bad pings, but you will also get the other side where it sucks as this is only one factor in the matrix that is matchmaking. Also 3G/4g can have reasonable latency depending on how the provider has it set up. More likely to get buffering though, so less consistent than fixed.

PS4 has so many less people than 360/ps3, which will make match making difficult I have already noticed a difference after Xmas. This will get better, Give it time and leave bad lobbies when u know ur in one.

Tl dr; lastly I have played a lot of cod between cod4 and this. Ghosts is probably one of the best I have seen for lag, if your getting lag on ps4 consistently and no one else is using your net. Change net providers and look for someone who is good for gaming In your region.

• 85. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    starbuckfrack

domgalmem wrote:

starbuckfrack,

not one of your responses carries any useful information, but simply tries to discount what I have said. I don't care whether you are a programmer, you and I are the same making this suppositions because neither of us has provided any evidence for support our aurgument. And you statement suggesting there has been years of evidence, there is currently tons of evidence online speaking to what I do experience in this game. Just because Lag Com was developed to strictly do one thing does not mean that it could not affect what is pleaguing many gamers. Very simply put, the original designated use for the tech in metal detectors is very different from the bulk of use it gets today!!!

There is tons of people out there saying UFOs exist, doesnt mean there are right.

What you dont seem to understand is I AGAIN and not saying these problems dont exist, but yet you keep acting like I am saying this game is perfect. Well its not.

The problem is that the tons of people out there that are experiencing these problems dont know what the problem really is. AGAIN I am not discounting what you are saying but you will  still stick with the "fact" that I am.

A couple hundred years ago a majority of people thought the world was flat, I wonder in a past life if you were one of them.

• 86. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    maccabi

ion5150 wrote:

The thing is ghamorra, while your statement is very true, what's more amazing, somehow it's always the user's setup, never the game (code) itself.

I find it amusing, when I can use the same setup (equipment, connectivity, etc.) and play the prior iterations and those games plays better than the current offering.

we all have exactly the same game code..

if it was the game code EVERYONE would have the same experiences

the simple fact is we dont.

If we both have identical game code, yet you have issues and I do not what would be the cause?

• 87. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    starbuckfrack

Past game experiences for YOU might be different, we cant tell because we arent there for one thing.

But for the overall community those games had lag problems too.

• 88. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    maccabi

PRaNK5STa7 wrote:

definitely no silver bullet. Massive thread! Read a lot, my 2 cents. big post sorry.

Tl dr; lastly I have played a lot of cod between cod4 and this. Ghosts is probably one of the best I have seen for lag,

As someone who ripped the original mw3 matchmaking to pieces as it was borked, I was pleased when Iw changed it to the system i had been advocating from the start of mw3 , although the issues i highlighted with geolocation were still present it was a major step in the right direction.

everyone will experience lag playing online at some point , a decent matchmaking algorithm goes along way to eliminate this, and Ghosts as you said for me plays alot better than mw3 for example. This is down to the changes IW made to how they matchmake and the fact they addressed by biggest issue to some degree with geolocation matchmkaking.

Drift0r actuall made a good video a while back explaining the changes after having a chat with Mark Rubin , as a fyi i was also part of that chat so know what changes were made and hence why you haven't seen one complaint from me about matchmaking this time as its working as it should for me . 

yes i still get the odd mainland european lobby in low pop playlists but if i play a popular mode i find the majority of the players are extremely local to me which is how it should be, i also have yet to experience any really "lag issues" past what id expect playing online , the odd bungee cord powered lobby for example but when that has happened i have found host migration kicks in pretty quickly

• 89. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
    Jaggajatt187

Lag compensation is real, all these people who say it doesn't exist don't know what they are talking about.

Lag compensation gives the casual player those random opportunities to have amazing games, games which will keep them coming back for more. It's the same reason the dev's reward noobs for no good reason, like including support streaks or incorporating target finders.

They have no interest in making the game competitive or widening the skill gap, because that would drive people who aren't good at the game away.

This forum is pretty much a joke, because majority of the people on here are thoroughly addicted to CoD and will continue to buy the game no matter how much they complain about it. So the dev's don't care. These forums are basically beta testing the game, because we all know CoD isn't tested at all, and to make minor tweeks for weapon balance.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next