25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 7:18 AM by im0doin0it RSS

Clan Sizes

DesertWhippet

Why don't they size clan divisions with clans of similar size?  We have four in our clan and started playing.  We capped three nodes before calling it quits.  I wake up this morning and find that a clan has capped all but two.  I'd be fine with it except for that when I checked their roster they have eleven members.  How are we supposed to compete with a clan that has almost three times the number of members?  We don't want to expand our clan size as we a small group of friends.  I know there are many more clans out there that are the same size as I have seen them for the first three wars.  Frustrating...we don't stand a chance. 

• Re: Clan Sizes
    Rambler330

They do. But it appears the that the smallest clan bracket is 3 to 12. (please correct me if I am wrong).

Currently the group of Clans we are competing with varies from 13 to 19.

phxs72

If it makes you feel any better when the war started my clan had about 70 members and the clan in the lead in our division has 100 which is roughly 45% more members than we have.  If you can find some good players, it would be in your best interest to grow your clan size to the upper limit of your bracket.

DesertWhippet

Rambler - where did you find the info on the clan roster division size?  Was it posted somewhere?

Phx - just writing the post made me feel better.  =^)  But it's still frustrating.  45% is a lot, but in our case it's 275%.  =^(

phxs72

I hear you.  I don't think that there is a posting of where the divide begins for the clan sizes.  If there was I know that I'd be trying to find a size that would maximize our clans opportunities.  All that we have to go on is what we have seen from our own experiences.  I know for myself I've seen clan sizes as low as 50 and as high as 100 in my division.  So I'm guessing that the top tier is 50 to 100.

mwfan55

The way they are doing it is by total activity and wins. So if a clan with 50 members is as active as a clan with 100 members they could be matched up in the same division. I disagree with the set up but this is the formula they are using right now.

phxs72

Yep I just read that tweet.  It is a well intentioned system but ignoring size just invites clans to sandbag the week before a clan war so that they can get put into a less active pairing.  A modest tweak to the formula would take care of that.  That being said, it does rather alter my thinking on what to do about inactive members.  I now have to wonder if holding on to some inactive folks isn't a better strategy than trying to maximize my rosters activity?  I'll have to ponder that one for a little while.

mwfan55

phxs72 wrote:

I now have to wonder if holding on to some inactive folks isn't a better strategy than trying to maximize my rosters activity?  I'll have to ponder that one for a little while.

I have been looking at your clan since MW3 ( we are on each others friends list but never gamed together. ) I always wondered why you had 90 plus members but took a long time to reach level 50 on MW3.I haven't looked at your level for BO2, and in Ghosts you barley leveled up. Please don't misunderstand me, I am not cutting down on you. To each their own.

This is my strategy. My clan is level 50 on both MW3 and BO2 and was achieved in record time. Ghosts we are level 24, almost 25. I have always had less than 30 members through out the whole time. My clan strategy has always been ACTIVE members only. Some exceptions took place do to vacations, family, work, etc. But if a member is not active then I have to let them go. If they are in good standing they may join us next season when they have more time to game. Figured I would share that.

phxs72

My clan is more casual than yours.  We could have reached lvl 50 in MW3 a good bit sooner but we ran out of premium members for awhile.  In BO2 there was nothing to gain from leveling up so we really didn't worry about it and yet we still are lvl 47 I think and progressing.  Ghost is the first one to actually force us to consider cutting the roster down which I did after Christmas (dropped from 100 down to 70) but I was considering cutting it down a bit more.  I still might.  We've never been that gun ho for leveling up but we do like the stuff that you get from doing so.  So we get there eventually but we often take our time doing it.  Our biggest issue in Ghosts isn't so much inactivity anymore (although it's still a bit of an issue) but rather that we are spread out across the globe so much that it isn't always possible to find enough players online close enough to me to get a party together of any size.  That is holding us back level wise in Ghosts even though we've won two low division clan wars and are in the top 3 of this one.  In previous CoDs the solo player could contribute to leveling the clan but in Ghosts we don't have that option.    Of course the solution to that is to establish more leadership in key areas around the globe but you need the right people in place to pull that off and we haven't really needed that before.  It's something that we are working on.  So my clan is undergoing a make over if you will.  I don't see us as necessarily being as dedicated as your clan is (something to take pride in btw) but I am working on navigating the balance between being successful and still being able to retain the more relaxed foundation that we were built on.

7chp

Then you guys are really unlucky! We are three in our clan, all previous CWs we have only come up against other clans of 3. This time around, there are a few clans of four (perhaps they have recruited), and K/D varies from 1,60-ish to 0,80-ish. We're at 1,40, but don't really care about K/D, only getting those Ws!

DesertWhippet

Now their roster is up to 15!  Come on man...

tensor32

That's not too bad because the bracket my clan is in, I think goes from 60-100 members per clan and my clan had 87 members but only have about 20-30 members who actively play the game. Since we know we can't compete we are letting this CW go and we reduced our clan down to 40-45 members. We still have quite a bit of members but we know some of them are unable to participate right now. But if we see any players become inactive we will kick them.

I think the DEVS do need to work on clan size matching though.

The DEVS especially need to look at how active a clans members are during CWs because if they would have looked at that info, then my clan which only has about 25% of its clan members actively playing the game during CWs would not have been matched up against clans that have 80-100% of its clan members actively playing the game during CWs.

Well either way, next CW my clan will not be matched up against some clans where we can't even enjoy the game.

_The_Nuts_

why is it the developers fault that you carry a clan of 80 people when only 20 of them play?  You can only reasonably ask them to monitor the size not the days played hours thats getting ridiculous.   I think you need to shed some dead weight.

tayleena02

Unfortunatly clan wars are based off of wins not size.  Until they fix that clan wars will be flawed in my opinion.

Twitter / beachheadstudio: @xMaccabix It's the number ...

OUHATEME

There is conflicting information on this topic . You can go to the cod app and on the clan wars description it states that it is similar  Wl and size ,, you can also go to http://oneofswords.com/2013/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-clan-wars/  and it says similar wl and size . And then you can reference a twitter which says something different. So you can take your pick but for my clan it has been based off of clan size and wl for all 4 clan wars so far.

tayleena02

Then it sucks for us because the last three clan wars we have been paired up with clans bigger then us.  Before this clan war going on we had 45 members and all clans we faced in clan wars were 90+ in size way out of our league in size comparison.  Prior to this clan war I recruited around 30 new members and yet we are still out numbered. Does anyone know when the qualifying period is before a clan war begins?  I believe it is the 3 days leading up to it but not to sure.

OUHATEME

I Think what we need is one source for clan wars information and have it for everyone to easily access it. Becasue none of us is trying to misinform anyone we are going by information that we find or what we experienced. And even with that we are having differences so one source to clarify for all of us would be the best route.

jeffm597

I'm in a clan of 3 and also find it impossible to make any headway. Was looking at scores and the clan in first took over TDM in about 3 games. There wins went from 0 to 6 to 12 and then capped it. They also won S&D in one win. Only needed a total of 6 wins to cap that node, and the same thing with S&R. They need to fix this so its 3 on 3. At least try and make it fair

DesertWhippet

Their roster is now at 18...total bs...

codbig_boss

Just add more people yourself. Just take advantage of it. Stop crying cause you don't have over 5 friends on a video game.

7chp

Great post @codbig_boss really appreciate your input, keep those Plato level thoughts coming in, we all need to bask in your wisdom, wit and general awesomeness. Are you on like Twitter or MyFace so we can get more of your brilliance? Actually, I want to be with you on a daily basis as your apprentice, can I? Can I please?

DesertWhippet

Way to be a douche.  I don't have an interest in adding "friends" to my life through a video game.  If you are that ignorant to not see that there are some issues with the current setup, you are a moron.  If this is supposed to be a competition, there should be brackets and parameters set so that they stay the same. This is a version of a team sport/game.  I can't think of any valid competition where there are not rules controlling this.  The fact that it's so simple is what's so frustrating.

maccabi

same thing has happened to us in our war top clan started with 12 players and now has 20 and has basically steamrolled the entire board

for example blitz node needs 15 wins.. they took it entirely out all our wins  and took it in less than 10 minutes

this has been issue since the first clan war and something beachhead still havent addressed.

clan roosters should be locked as soon as they place clans into wars. Any members who join after the start their wins shouldnt be counted or as i have advocated from the start you only get a set number of points for a win

im0doin0it

The first 2 wars they didn't have very good bracketing, but these last 2 have been closer. however you will have clans that empty out their roster to like 5 people just so that they end up in a low bracket, then they'll add another 60-90 people and have a very unfair advantage. It's boosting plain and simple and it sucks to play against. We did on our first war, 40 people playing against 2 teams with 100. the best way to not have someone cheat you like that is to just build your clan or join a clan with between 90-100. All of the clans In my bracket are closely matched based on members, but we're dominating because we're try hards and the field is even.