43 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2014 8:58 AM by Enrique_Boldano RSS

Hardcore Free For All?

Enrique_Boldano

So I'm not 12 and I don't camp. I like hardcore because once again I'm not 12. Domination and Search are horrible game modes. Does anyone know if there will be HARDCORE FREE FOR ALL in any updates? If not, that was a few hours I'll never get back and I'll be done with this franchise. The box says for 17 and up. Why do the developers cater to 12 year olds? I'm not 12. I want to play HARDCORE FREE FOR ALL. HELP!

• Re: Hardcore Free For All?
    admunday

I'd like to give hardcore free for all a try as well and I'm we're not alone in wanting to see this added at some point.

In case you're wondering why your rating for this thread is low, I doubt it's an issue with your proposal, just meerly the whiney / immature way you've written it.

It's like something a 12yo would write......

Lucent76

Great idea. FFA needs to get more love all round.

ukscorpz

I think they should bring back moshpit, at least then they can chuck in all the game modes for HC players.

its not fair that we have to lose out.

nicedrewishfela

I'm sorry.. I was unclear on that.. Are you 12?

... No chance of making an adult argument for something you want here?

FWCmurda

Unfortunately it comes down to money and what the customer wants in the minority group will never matter to them. They pulled in an insane amount of money from possibly the worst COD to date by doing very little and riding the built hype to the bank, they took away features from previous titles that were awesome like theatre, destroyed the leveling system making the game boring and pointless to prestige, and the playlists many of us look forward to each cod installment vanish and they fill the space with new crap game modes that get just as little play.

I still play the game and play mostly regular FFA but hardcore FFA use to be my mode of choice in other CODs. Infinity Ward is just like 99% of the developers today guys, they rush to get their games out by a deadline then are on to the next one. They leave a small group to oversee this game but it takes a lot of time or ******** for it to filter up the chain to anyone with the power to even make the decision to do any changes/modifications then more time to put them into the game.

If you really want hardcore FFA try making a petition on here and getting more support here for it. I gave up back in black ops 2 when treyarch released the game it had Hardcore FFA, i played it for like 2 weeks straight and had worked my way up in to the top 100, only to get on 1 day and the playlist was removed. finally treyarch came out of hiding and said they removed it because nobody was playing it. Talk about a smack in the face, I guess my $ spent on their game means nothing, just another number in a sea of millions who buy their games.

IF anyone with the power to do something at INFINITY WARD actually reads this (not holding my breath) then do the right thing and stop taking away game features and game modes. You make so much money off this franchise and your telling me you can't afford to  give us all the playlists we love to play??  Your making more money each title and giving the consumer back less and less material each time. Everywhere you look people are getting more and more disappointed in this franchise and predicting it will die off soon. Do you see the error of your ways devs? Or are you Devs just bored and giving up on it as well?

myevo8you

FWCmurda wrote:

Unfortunately it comes down to money and what the customer wants in the minority group will never matter to them. They pulled in an insane amount of money from possibly the worst COD to date by doing very little and riding the built hype to the bank, they took away features from previous titles that were awesome like theatre, destroyed the leveling system making the game boring and pointless to prestige, and the playlists many of us look forward to each cod installment vanish and they fill the space with new crap game modes that get just as little play.

I still play the game and play mostly regular FFA but hardcore FFA use to be my mode of choice in other CODs. Infinity Ward is just like 99% of the developers today guys, they rush to get their games out by a deadline then are on to the next one. They leave a small group to oversee this game but it takes a lot of time or ******** for it to filter up the chain to anyone with the power to even make the decision to do any changes/modifications then more time to put them into the game.

If you really want hardcore FFA try making a petition on here and getting more support here for it. I gave up back in black ops 2 when treyarch released the game it had Hardcore FFA, i played it for like 2 weeks straight and had worked my way up in to the top 100, only to get on 1 day and the playlist was removed. finally treyarch came out of hiding and said they removed it because nobody was playing it. Talk about a smack in the face, I guess my $ spent on their game means nothing, just another number in a sea of millions who buy their games.

IF anyone with the power to do something at INFINITY WARD actually reads this (not holding my breath) then do the right thing and stop taking away game features and game modes. You make so much money off this franchise and your telling me you can't afford to  give us all the playlists we love to play??  Your making more money each title and giving the consumer back less and less material each time. Everywhere you look people are getting more and more disappointed in this franchise and predicting it will die off soon. Do you see the error of your ways devs? Or are you Devs just bored and giving up on it as well?

Everyone wanted "more customization" etc. when this happens, they have to sacrifice some aspects of the game in order to put them in there. If they didn't add more customization, and more "extras" the spoiled community gets pissy and complains that it's just a re-hash of a previous game.

The XBOX 360 has been pushed to it's limits with it's processing power and cannot have any internal adjustments to it's processor or internal specifications.

captain_howdy69

FWCmurda wrote:

Unfortunately it comes down to money and what the customer wants in the minority group will never matter to them.

That's true, except for the quick-scopers. They keep catering to them despite the fact that they are in the vast minority (even though they seem to thing that they are a huge community and CoD would die if they all left).

I don't know how popular HC FFA used to be because I haven't even seen it in a CoD since Black Ops 1 but I would love to see it come back. The least they could do is swap it out for the least popular HC game mode, probably S&D for a bit and see if people play it. I play hardcore to get away from a lot of the usual CoD BS that plagues core modes but I would like to be able to play FFA so I don't have to worry about team mates running in front of me while I'm shooting and getting me killed etc. In FFA, the only person I have to worry about is myself and every movement and footstep is something I can (try to) kill.

Enrique_Boldano

How do I get a petition started?

myevo8you

If domination is a horrible mode then why is it the SECOND most popular next to TDM?

Simply put it comes down to numbers. HCFFA had around 2,000 people playing it at any given time. HCDOM has around 20,000 people playing it at any given time. Pretty simple math. Just as HC S&D only had around 4,000 people playing HCKC now has 15,000 people playing it.

Not too hard to figure out.

rankismet

I'll be honest... before HCFFA, I want HC Blitz.

iTzSurreal

I feel like the majority of people that play hardcore are 12. Plus you sound like you're twelve. Are gun fights too hard for you in regular? Search and Destroy along with Domination are the game types that take the most skill in this game. I'm assuming you struggle in those game modes. I'm also assuming you struggle when it takes more than one shot to kill someone.

Honestly, just thinking about Hardcore Free for All makes me want to puke. However, I don't see a problem with them adding it. That is after they've added game types that aren't designed for 12 year olds that can't win gun fights (i.e. CTF, Hardpoint, and/or Headquarters.)

captain_howdy69

iTzSurreal wrote:

I feel like the majority of people that play hardcore are 12. Plus you sound like you're twelve. Are gun fights too hard for you in regular? Search and Destroy along with Domination are the game types that take the most skill in this game. I'm assuming you struggle in those game modes. I'm also assuming you struggle when it takes more than one shot to kill someone.

Honestly, just thinking about Hardcore Free for All makes me want to puke. However, I don't see a problem with them adding it. That is after they've added game types that aren't designed for 12 year olds that can't win gun fights (i.e. CTF, Hardpoint, and/or Headquarters.)

Most people who play hardcore do it to get away from the call of duty BS that has been around for years. Quick-scoping, drop-shotting, halo-jumping etc. since most of that crap never happens in hardcore. Also, despite popular belief, there has traditionally been less camping in hardcore than in core due to the fact that there's no mini-map.

Plus, in hardcore, if you shoot somebody they die. There's none of that empty your gun into somebody's back just to have them turn and derp you to death with some weak-ass pistol crap.
      And, as we all know, most 12 year olds that play CoD love quick-scoping, drop-shotting, halo-jumping etc so they aren't fans of hardcore.

FWCmurda

Not sure who your talking to but I can assure you that I have zero problems killing in core modes. My K/D is 3.5 and 85% win percentage. Most FFA games i end quickly with 30-0 to 30-10 score so its not about looking for easier kills I just really liked Hardcore mode even better.

Jinx484

I'm someone who only plays HC... but have you ever played HC TDM?  It's unplayable due to campers.  It seems like literally 3-6 people on the other team are just sitting in corners.  HC FFA would be worse.

I don't buy the idea that it is a limitation of the game or the system to not be able to add more game modes.  They should've been able to either have or add that capability.

Before you add a game mode like that, add something novel, such as HC cranked, or blitz - something we haven't had in HC before.  So much time was put into so few (relatively uninteresting) new features in this game - let HC players experience something just a little bit exciting.

ultoblaknite

Or how about a Cranked FFA?

SC_ROTIC

They always seem to take out stuff I like HARD CORE FREE FOR ALL was one of them.  WHY?  They treat HARD CORE like a bastard son and I'm sick of it bring it back already.

PS  GIVE ME MY NOOBS AND MY GRENADES BACK!  SWITCHING THEM UP WAS EVEN MORE OF THE CATERING BS IT JUST DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT AND ITS NOT RIGHT.  It's like drinking a flat warm beer the next day that you found a cigarette butt in it with your tongue... another wards its disgusting.

Description of Grenade Launcher AKA Tubes

MW2 Just right

Black Ops Fading but acceptable

MW3 Now how many times did I drop that tube on him and he walked right through it?

Black Ops 2 Did I get my tubes from MW3?

Ghosts WTF what do you mean I can't carry grenades (or IEDs) with my grenade launcher?  You put the trigger WHERE?  I'm still shooting MW3 dummy rounds too.  THIS IS BS!

I can be shooting you on point and sure you can run and stab me from 30 feet away but my grenade launcher can only get a hit marker.  Might as well threw a rock at you.  But if I did that I would probably get shot through an entire building by someone who was actually shooting at a team mate.

There is so much more...

GAME OVER

NoLifeKing32

HC FFA would play terribly in Ghosts, no one would move. Don't bring it back, ever.

666hell666

Hell yeah bring back HC FFA!!!!!

Ss78_

Highly doubt they'll implement it but personally I'd love to see it return as it was a sad day when they dropped it from blops2 and I did hope IW would do us a favour and bring HC FFA back but unfortunately hope isn't a very good strategy.

COD is pushing team based gaming even though it'd be interesting to know how many merc's/solo players/lonewolfs are out there looking for FFA game modes that just play what's given to us by the devs. Want special camo join a clan, want to compete join a clan, want to have fun solo play in a cough "team". Blops elite  beta had competitions for solo players and they were good fun, never did fully understand why they left the mercs with nothing competitive unless they just focused on pushing it a certain direction.

Yes it's in core but HC FFA still was fun.

Classic game modes are history and it's beyond me why but someone made the choice.

socalsound

I agree there are not enough FFA game types.  Team games are fun but admit it, lots of players do not support the team.  These dumb posters say it's about money?  What does a playlist cost?  NADA.  There should be an overabundance of playlists.  If they're not popular, then they will stay empty- that problem would solve it self.

myevo8you

With the staggeringly low player base that is playing the worst COD in history (around 250,000 on at PEAK), with that amount of playlists the players would be so split that it would take forever to find a game in certain modes. There simply is ZERO room for that many playlists as most of them had between 500-1000 players at any given time.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.