12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 1:33 PM by Bubbakush RSS

Removal of hitmarkers in Hardcore?

ukscorpz

A friend of mine just stated that he was surprised that hit markers exist in HC.

We're not talking connection issues here, just hit markers in general.

His idea that if its proper hardcore, you shouldn't be able to tell if you've hit a player, nor should a flashbang alert you to someone in a room.  If they go down, then you've killed them, that's it.

What do you guys think?  I kinda like the idea.

• Re: Removal of hitmarkers in Hardcore?
    chris612

Hitmarkers in HC are there just to get on your tits. There should be no HM's in HC.

rankismet

ukscorpz wrote:

A friend of mine just stated that he was surprised that hit markers exist in HC.

We're not talking connection issues here, just hit markers in general.

His idea that if its proper hardcore, you shouldn't be able to tell if you've hit a player, nor should a flashbang alert you to someone in a room.  If they go down, then you've killed them, that's it.

What do you guys think?  I kinda like the idea.

Honestly indifferent. Hitmarkers have been in HC since COD4... when HC was introduced.

I would rather devs focus on a proper way to manage TK's...

... cuz ricochet ain't it.

Bubbakush

it would be nice not to have someone randomly shoot a wall get a hit marker then light up the wall looking for a kill anyone.

Audiophile

The biggest problem I have with the ricochet is when you're engaged with an enemy and a teammate spawns right between you and the enemy.....I have died more times from this than from accidental "friendly fire". No idea why the system decides to spawn a teammate right in the middle of a gun battle.....

Robwolves

Wasn't it IW that brought in the ricochet in MW3, but Treyarch left it friendly fire in BO1 and BO2 if my memory serves me right. IW must have a thing against being team killed.

Personally I prefer being able to friendly kill, especially if someone on your own team is sat up a corner on an OBJ game, no where near the objective, clearly not playing for the win. They deserve to be team killed.

Plus if someone on your team decides to run in front of you while you're shooting, they deserve to die.

To the OP, I kind of like the idea and as Bubbakush mentions, it would probably stop people just lighting up a wall.

r33k

im on board with no hit markers. but i would still like the hit marker sound. i've been playing with just a pistol and tac knife lately and its not a 1 shot kill. its nice to have some audible alert that lets me know i've made contact. an audible alert would solve, to some extent, wall banging(would have to locate via sound instead).

iTzxReLLiK

I definitely agree. No hitmarkers would be awesome. I feel like hardcore should be as close to real life as possible. The only way you should know you killed someone would be if they go down or if their name is on the kill feed.

nicedrewishfela

As a HC player I think they need to stay. If there were a real-time way to see your shots hit, that would be another story. But it is critical in HC to be able to see that you are making an impact.