22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 3:53 PM by slyd0g55 RSS

Ghillie Suit

slyd0g55

First off, it was suited in previous CoDs as when you equipped sniper you were or most likely gonna have ghillie suit fatigues.

Now players can pick ghillie suit equip any weapon an camp/corner sit on maps such as prison break, storm front, white out generally most maps and blend in with the environment ,(i do realize target finder to help with this but ads-ing all the time is not for me and theres a perk to counter it)

Secondly , i get that they had to earn this ,but generally half the lobby is wearing this.

This game is getting better. But this is just another reason for promoting players to play camp/cornersit style.

I would like ghillie suit to be equipped with only sniper as done in previous CoDs  Activision

I cant stand having to strain my eyes looking for that head glitching in the bushes enemy when i have to evade after eliminating foes  or capturing objective.

Should it be equipped only with sniper forum members?

• Re: Ghillie Suit
    vdubpdx1982

I agree 1,000,000,000% I hate the damn monkey suit that all people wear and its hard to see them when they are sitting in a bush with their Target finders and LMGs

ExtremeKiller70

Target finder ? when did they add that ?. Same old excuses for sucking.  Complain about spawns and games exploits or nothing is going to get fixed.

vdubpdx1982

My bad it the Tracker Sight not the Target Finder but its the same D$%^ thing with a different name and look. And boy you don't know me you haven't played with me so how in the F&^%$ are you going to tell me that i suck. I sir do not suck i Play HCKC primarily and am ranked in the top 2100. I just merely stated that i don't like them and that they are annoying as he!! now go back under you bridge where you belong you F*^%ing TROLL

slyd0g55

please budding no need for the smart comments on a comment , this is just a general topic towards ghillie suit and what most players are noticing. ,yes spawns have been an issue for awhile now , game exploits im not sure what your referring to, ghillie suit should be equipped primarily with a sniper rifle 

slyd0g55

thanks, but should it be selected when equipped with a sniper rifle?

DeEwBoT

Yeah the amount of camping in this game is retarded!

Organ-Donor

Ahhh the silly suit... another addition to keep CoD's children happy.

IndyOldGuy

agreed, cant bele3ive they thought it would be a good idea to have ghille suits all over the place now...shish

xblbw

it wouldn't solve anything. There will always be campers. They will always be hard to spot on these maps, with this colour palate.

Also I love getting around like a turbo Yeti.

Izjar11

slyd0g55 wrote:

But this is just another reason for promoting players to play camp/cornersit style.

you dont need a specific "camo" to do what you speak of. It makes no difference. NONE. People will do what they wish with what the game offers.

slyd0g55

i'l gonna disagree with your comment Izjar11 , players will camp/cornersit : granted, i get that what is on offer is what a player will choose and alter to get there primary loadout , but as for camo ,ghillie suit has always been a sniper camo ,  now there running around with smgs hugging the scenery back drop, ghillie suit should go back to sniper class, if want another primary weapon their gonna have use the perk for that. 

xblbw

How has the suit always been a sniper camo?

Only place i remember it was in BO, where it indicated the Ghost perk (nothing to do with sniper) can't remember the rest.

Even if it was a sniper camo, you can always equip overkill and take another weapon class, or machine pistol and your back to square one.

slyd0g55

Even if it was a sniper camo, you can always equip overkill and take another weapon class, or machine pistol and your back to square one.

i would rather the player use up overpowered or what ever perk name is, than have the choice to pick out one different perk as well as sniper class for the ghillie suit ,

i just played a few games before and i sh!t you not- clans are all wearing em , and if not the clan members rouge players are wearing it , maybe 60% 7/12 players are , and for slight blend in- advantage

as for it being a sniper camo in previous cods im not 100% maybe MW2 BO,MW3 id always put that suit with a sniper rifle in my head

Izjar11

slyd0g55 wrote:

i'l gonna disagree with your comment Izjar11 , players will camp/cornersit : granted, i get that what is on offer is what a player will choose and alter to get there primary loadout , but as for camo ,ghillie suit has always been a sniper camo ,  now there running around with smgs hugging the scenery back drop, ghillie suit should go back to sniper class, if want another primary weapon their gonna have use the perk for that.

Real life yes, its used for total stealth, COD  = pure show and "fun"

Schoat333

I have no problem with it. In fact, I feel like they are easier to see.

slyd0g55

wow u got some good eyes, even on prison break? some maps it not as bad as some ,but i still believe should be equipped with sniper class

waggs2402

I agree with this.  If you've played the map long enough you will know what is suppose to be there and whats not.  The layouts of the map never change, so when a player sits there you will see a change.

I know plenty of ppl that have the Ghillie suit and run and gun.  Its a suit just like any other.

DKronge

I totally agree with the op on this, even though I currently run around in the damn rug myself. I think it promotes camping to some extent, not on all maps but some of them, absolutely. Plus, there must be a reason for them restricting the use of it in competitive.

"Regarding eSports specifically in the immediate future, we aim to:

• Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules."

slyd0g55

yes finally someone with a decent answer .thankyou DKronge

"Regarding eSports specifically in the immediate future, we aim to:

• Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules."

they know themselves(activision) or who ever is maintaining eSports that the ghillie suit has a slight advantage on certain maps

Bielsalmighty

The wookies are welcome to cover themselves in grass, I'd rather have the stand-out come at me bro factor you get from the Bodycount gear

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.