11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2014 11:52 PM by dustycrow RSS

EXPLOSIVE VS ARMOR PIERCING?

Thanat0s_ZA

Hey everyone, just a quick overview: Has anyone noticed a definite damage difference between explosive and armor piercing ammo?

I mostly play with explosive since I can deal damage even if my aim isn't the best (it isn't) and can take out a whole bunch of scouts with one burst and damage enemies on groups. I don't usually play with AP since I prefer the qualities of explosive I mentioned above and I haven't noticed a difference between the damage done between the two types. (note: the AP helping against armor doesn't score up much points since i aim for the weak spots)

So my question is this; Is there a difference in the damage done by explosive and armor piercing ammos?

• Re: EXPLOSIVE VS ARMOR PIERCING?
    Stinky666

If I use Armor Piercing, and am shooting an enemy in the armor plated areas, it seems to take more bullets to kill, than if I just use explosive and shoot it anywhere. SO I always use explosive ammo.

AndrewRLP

I find explosive is the most versatile and helpful when you get towards the end.

I guess though it depends on your weapon. I'm a sucker for the simple weapons as I find them most effective. I always get the AK 47 near the second hive at the start of the game and use it for the rest of the game.

It reloads pretty quick too, which is quite helpful towards the end of the game.

All those machine guns (and the chainsaw) while having great firepower, take an eternity to reload which is a pain if your being attacked by multiple aliens.

MrPlow-C

I run explosives and ask everyone else to use it as well in order for it to stack better.

I let my sentrys deal with the rhinos.

dustycrow

i run fire for hives and have one person run ap for rhino's other than that explosive is the all around ammo used for scouts scorpions ext.