21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 1:30 PM by Pessysquad RSS

BAD NEWS: Looks like we won't get Zombies in 2014

BurningFighter

Maybe some of you have heard the rumors the past few months of Sledgehammer Games making the next CoD, and that instead of the 2-year cycle of Treyarch and Infinity Ward, it's now going to be a 3-year cycle with Sledgehammer Games included. Well, apparently, it looks like those rumors were true:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/01/12/new-job-listing-suggests-shgamess-working -on-the-next-call-of-duty-game/

Sledgehammer is looking for job members for the next Call of Duty. So, it looks like Treyarch won't get their title until 2015....

However, it might not be right after all. As you know, Sledgehammer Games HELPED Infinity Ward with MW3, sooooo, this might be the case this time, too? Only that this time, it's Treyarch and not IW? Who knows?

Anyone have any thoughts around this? Or knows anything more?

• Re: BAD NEWS: Looks like we won't get Zombies in 2014
    DarkMega

This is GOOD! Another year for Treyarch to work on their COD which means more time to work on the next Zombies mode and map!

DeathBringer-Zen

I don't think Sledgehammer alone have a big enough division to handle a next gen CoD title on their own, so I would assume they are either helping Treyarch as a joint production, or as previously rumored, they are working on a CoD title for a different platform.

Either way, I don't think the 3 year cycle thing is out of the question, and it could be good for the series (esp zombies), but I still expect to see zombies on Nov unless confirmed otherwise.

Also, just to note... as good as CharlieINTEL is at getting leaks, they are heavily outweighed by the amount of times he/they have got it wrong.

Take it with a pinch of salt until confirmed. Anyway... why would they be looking for someone for the next CoD title this late into development!? The game is due in 10 month time and would have been in Development for around 13 month already.

Maybe they mean the next CoD AFTER Treyarch's.

theatriks

Don't know how to take this.

The obvious reaction is minor disappointment. Of course I do want Zombies to redeem itself as soon as possible, so that part of me wants Treyarch's title to come this year.

However, another part of me wants Treyarch's title to come next year for a bunch of reasons. Top most being that a longer development time means more time to make a solid game. Next being that another year into this new generation will allow them to take greater advantage of the new generation. Which they can't exactly do if the vast majority is still on the previous generation. I believe 3 years is long enough to accept that next gen versions will be better in every way than their previous gen ports.(Might there still be one for CoD in 2015)

On the other hand, CoD has grown so incredibly stagnant over these last few years. Perhaps a completely new title will be what the franchise needs.

Booman45

There are ups and downs to this.

Let's start with the downs,

1.Long time to wait.

2. With that time they might actually pull another tranzit or nuketown.

Now the ups,

1. Long time development can make you wonder what they'll do.

2. Time is good use to a SUPER E.E. like Moon's.

3. They can actually make a good story.

4. Better quality

Lunar---tick
    bugger waiting untill 2015, i want the new zombies yesterday
    Chucky6661

If it wasn't for the fact BO2 zombies left such a sour taste I would hate this news, but I would much rather wait than get the same mistakes repeated. I want to see the zombies extravaganza back to its legendry ways

Pessysquad

This has to be for the 2015 COD.... If they are just now canvassing for a job, then they won't fill it for months. I feel that this is ramping up for a 2015 or future titles.  There is NO way that after the shear success of BO2, that they would let another team do the next one.  We'll be getting zombies in 2014. I'll bet my @$$ on it. :-)

maxslick

Hey if it is true that we have to wait until 2015, then good for me. At least I can get myself back on track for a year at least. 2013 was a writeoff with just zombies all the time after work.

sasukeJAuchiha

OMG sledgehammer is going to single-handedly kill the cod franchise.

Pessysquad

If you go to their webpage, they have a "the battle begins 11/08/11." And has a pic of MW3 on it. The pics they have of their studio and employees show a small, new working area. NOTHING like treyarch has.  There is no way that Activisions bean counters would allow such a small company to take their billion dollar baby away from the success that treyarch is known to provide. Sledgehammer may be ASSISTING, but that's it.

TEX_715

hopefully they are assisting in testing and glitch fixing

theatriks

Before the IW debacle during MW2, Sledgehammer was in the process of starting up their own CoD title. After IW imploded Activision had SH step in to help develop MW3 and their own title fell by the wayside. So Activision is ready and raring to let a third developer take the spotlight for a year.

Also SH has roughly the same amount of employees as IW. Both just over 120.

Don't get me wrong though, prior to helping with MW3 they were developing a 3rd person action adventure CoD, so it's still very possible that they could run the franchise into the ground. I'm just hopeful that the time spent on MW3 was long enough for them to somehow forget the awful, awful idea of a 3rd person CoD.

M3NTZ3R29

Anyone who says wait another year for zombies... just no. What they should do to get good quality and more maps is make a zombies only game with dlc every few months, It is a shame that the good iw left because i wish they could make multiplayer and treyarch could make zombies

and sledgehammer and the new iw would go make terrible games away from cod. Mw3 and ghosts are my 2 least favorites, they are terrible. We need mw2 multiplayer with patches and zombies with more dlc maps. That would be great

mister_z

I'm tellin ya man. I still think 3arch is coming out with its own ZOMBIE game. Maybe like I said before, S.Hammer is going to produce the next multiplayer and campaign mode, while 3 sticks to the zombie. Personally I think that 3arch, by far beats anything Infinity Ward or Hammer can produce. I played Ghosts..did'nt feel Extinction.. MP was alright. too MW3 for me.

BLACK OPS, is by far the best  Franch. Call of Duty has right now. If we must wait a whole freakin year for another zombie game. I'm with you.. it will be killer. I just want a small taste just a quick peek at what they MAY have up their sleeves. All I ask is one thing.. Please make ALL Easter Eggs both Solo and Multiplayers PLEASE !!! oh and every perk on every map.. Thats all.

Indisbelief1987

I Brought the xbox one to play next gen zombies and even waiting until November 2014 was a struggle. Call of duty ghost was rubbish for example extinction. Was pants and I wouldn't even go into my thoughts on MW3 on this forum.  Now I am hearing I will have to wait until November 2015 for treyarch made zombies game well I dislike multiplayer and single player campaign is a waste of time. if this is true I will never buy another call of duty title. Not treyach nor sledgehammer or infinity ward versions. I will boycott the whole franchise for good.  Completely disgusted with activision now I'm selling my xbox one copy of the rubbish cod ghost tomorrow so well done activision you just lost out on season pass purchases and future games!

DeathBringer-Zen

if this is true I will never buy another call of duty title. Not treyach nor sledgehammer or infinity ward versions. I will boycott the whole franchise for good.

Don't stress over it too much... I am pretty sure that it WILL be Treyarch who releases the 2014 CoD title anyway.

Sledgehammer will not make a CoD title on their own, and if they do, it won't be the 2014 CoD. They have only just started a recruitment process for new developers to come in. They would not be hiring just now for a game that is due in 10 month time.

People on YT who post such fabricated nonsense should know better, but this is what happens when people rely on 17 year old kids to give them the lowdown of what is happening.