13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2014 6:08 PM by Stinky666 RSS

New Map: Nightfall

Stinky666

So with the leak of the DLC 1 for Ghosts, we now know the first map for Extinction is Nightfall.

My first instinct is the fact that it may be at night time, which could bring a whole ray of new challenges. Which I really wouldn't mind at all. I would love a night map, it just makes it so different.

What are your thoughts? What does the name Nightfall make you think the map will be like? What about the new aliens (assuming there are new ones). What are they going to be like?

Source of Leak: Leaked GameStop poster reveals content of first DLC pack for Ghosts - Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty Ghosts – Black Op…

• Re: New Map: Nightfall
    Thanat0s_ZA

I'm not really a DLC person, but I will definitely be buying this extinction pack (not now since final year is starting in a few days, but sometime).

As far as the aliens go I don't think that picture is of any alien seen before. Because of the colors I think it might be a leper, don't know them to well, but otherwise I think it is a new type of alien. Maybe they will introduce boss types sort of like huge hunters.

With the map itself, I'm hoping the nightfall references ODIN and the world "going dark" and I really hope this because I'm wishing for a prequel that helps explain the storyline a bit better.

Stinky666

If you notice, the alien shown on the image, is the same as the one shown on the menu in game. The menu where it says Xbox Live, Local Play, System Link, Options. The background of that is the same as the above one.

I really really really do hope there are new aliens though. I really do. That, to me, is the most important thing..

Thanat0s_ZA

I forgot for a moment in my first post, at the end of point of contact you can hear the helicopter guy saying something along the lines of "finding where the scourge started" or something, so it's not necessarily a prequel I want, I want a mission with a storyline and I hope that the DLC will give a proper campaign-type story, not just arcade type maps like the original zombies.

Pluege

in the first one its nighttime too right, or is it just fogy.

Stinky666

You're right, it is. Wow I'm a dumbass and I have played Point of Contact a few hundred times hahahahaha.

I hope each new map brings at least one new relic (more would be great), and more prestige levels. That;d be cool.

Devils_Hell67

I think the new map is gonna be awesome. I'm already sick of easily escaping from the first Extinction map (Point of Contact), and idk if anyone has seen the new pic on Infinity Ward's Facebook page, but i'll put a link to it. It looks like there's gonna be a new enemy everyone.....be prepared to fight this monster of an alien.

https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWardStudio

Shadowelite555

Be cool if the Nightfall map had fog rolling in it. Help add to that eerie effect of the aliens. Flashlights might be a cool idea. How about being in somewhat dark areas where you can only see the aliens eyes in the darkest corners of the map? Just throwing out ideas about Nightfall, which is supposed to be at night.

simonm

would be nice if we could get some new toys to play with too or make the existing toys upgradable ..like reach level xxx get some rockets mounted on your sentry gun or double vultures etc

Stinky666

Double Vultures would be insane. I hope there are new challenges, and not the same old ones, just different maps.

I'm so sick of the same ones over and over. They are pretty much predictable, too.

ChronoZombie

If it is going to be a night map, I'd love for that to actually mean something- force us to use flashlights or nightvision in some sections.  No necessarily the whole map, but maybe start out in a well- lit area and have to use flashlights to get to the next zone.

Stinky666

I saw the trailer and, it shows 2 new aliens: the one already shown (The Breeder) and another one called Phantom (assuming that's how they are spelling it). Phantom looks cool. It basically jumps around a lot, or seems, and then also teleports, kind of like Night Crawler from X-Men. Not massive teleportation, but just little bits from area to area.

The new gun that uses scorpion venom seems like it could be cool, too