37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2014 3:55 AM by Rethill2 RSS

How long does it take to get someone banned?

JustBetter

Yes we all know the game is full of hackers, some might want to try and hide that fact, but does anyone actually know about the ban system in terms of how long it actually takes from report to ban? has anyone tracked a hacker by adding them to steam friends and finding a few days/weeks later that they are now banned? i've seen tons of hackers in high prestiges, so they seem to be getting away with it for weeks, but i cant keep track of them all and i dont want to add them because of the way we can always change our names in steam, it would be too hard to actually know, whos who unless you pay specific attention to their groups/friends/games etc.

Anyone got even the slightest idea?

• Re: How long does it take to get someone banned?
    YuriUA

VAC bans every couple of weeks. They ban every marked account. VAC bans are final and not up to discussions, are never lifted and are permanent.

Once I heard they ban as often as once per week, sometimes it seems they allow cheaters to play for many months. There is no exact info available on VAC bans.

There could also be Infinity Ward bans, but those are even less predictable.

-edit-

Any comments made by me related to VAC bans have no meaning if COD:Ghosts doesn't use VAC, and I'm not sure what anti-cheat they use.

JustBetter

yes i know how the VAC bans operate, i was mainly asking about the IW (ingame reporting) bans, just wondering if anyone is keeping tabs on them or has any idea, hopefully might hear from someone within IW (candy) or AV (mods here).

YuriUA

As far as I know, they're constantly reviewing reports and making changes where necessary. Although each case would be unique and there would be no time frame for them (from 1 second to infinity, depends on too many factors).

For example, I haven't seen any prestige 10 players for at least 2 days now, it seems those were reset already.

JustBetter

thats not a good thing, the only people that would have been prestige 10 would be the people hosting the xp lobbies, that or people who added the hosts and purposefully joined in, to me thats cheating. Ok there are cases where at low peek times, you may not be able to join any other games in certain regions and be forced into those lobbies game after game and for those people i feel sorry, but to just reset them boils my blood, just another great reason for dedi servers at least that way there would be clear cut ways to point out exactly whos hosting these lobbies and ban them permanently.

Starbuck_OS

Ok there is a lot of miss-information here:

VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) is not admin controlled, no-one is "letting them play for a few months", the way it operates is, VAC is a warden program that reads game memory and attempts to detect if the game files have been changed in any way, such as hack injectors. (this is why wall hacks are harder to ban as they sometimes don't interact with the game but instead overlay).

As far as IW bans, that is handled via reports by @IWEnforcers/in-game and last time I've seen the banhammer being handled by the previous Infinity Ward's CM and after his departure @Candyslexia, Both of the last two probably do not handle banning anymore. (not sure)

And as for keeping tabs on bans, no they don't.

Momba1

YuriUA wrote:

//

Any comments made by me related to VAC bans have no meaning if COD:Ghosts doesn't use VAC, and I'm not sure what anti-cheat they use.

Apparently IW uses none.

The Anti-Cheat, LMAO, is IAC (Infinity Ward Anti-Cheat) and this game is not VAC Enabled.

Rethill2

Momba1 wrote:

YuriUA wrote:

//

Apparently IW uses none.

The Anti-Cheat, LMAO, is IAC (Infinity Ward Anti-Cheat) and this game is not VAC Enabled.

IIRC it's actually called Live Anti-Cheat?

I might be wrong, remembering seeing an image with it named as that.

BAH Didn't notice the dates again!!!

Momba1

Rethill2 wrote:

If so they need to rename it to 'Dead Anti-Cheat' or 'Blind Anti-Cheat' or etc. 'Live' sure doesn't cut it...

Rethill2

Momba1 wrote:

Rethill2 wrote:

If so they need to rename it to 'Dead Anti-Cheat' or 'Blind Anti-Cheat' or etc. 'Live' sure doesn't cut it...

I remember someone I used to know called VAC - BAC [Bad Anti Cheat], maybe that title should be reserved for Ghosts' "anitcheat"?

I think I could code a better anti cheat, lol.

nicegarbagegame

There's no VAC anticheat in call of duty ghost, ghost is a 64 bits game and VAC does not support 64 bits.

Momba1

^Correct. Ghosts is NOT a VAC Enabled game - period! Instead Ghosts is an IW Ban (IAC) only; similar but clearly (so far) not as effective as Treyarch's (TAC) Bans which were very effective but not always so 'fast' especially with 'stealthy cheats/cheaters.'

All IW (IAC) needs to do is look at some of the ridiculous Leaderboard data: Over-Accuracy, Repetitive Accuracy over Distance, Wall (Object) Penetration Kill high-numbers, Uber High KDR, etc to ban an easy 75% or more Obvious Hackers. Next employ a sniffer for Binary Codes of the more popular Cheat Sites for another 5%-15% of the hackers out there.

Pickles_HK

JustBetter wrote:

Yes we all know the game is full of hackers, some might want to try and hide that fact, but does anyone actually know about the ban system in terms of how long it actually takes from report to ban? has anyone tracked a hacker by adding them to steam friends and finding a few days/weeks later that they are now banned? i've seen tons of hackers in high prestiges, so they seem to be getting away with it for weeks, but i cant keep track of them all and i dont want to add them because of the way we can always change our names in steam, it would be too hard to actually know, whos who unless you pay specific attention to their groups/friends/games etc.

Anyone got even the slightest idea?

What is the ratio of Unicorns to Leprechauns? So far...I'd say that it takes at least 2-3 weeks.  I've run into a couple of hackers that were on week 1 with blatant hacks (head shot, head shot, head shot), and they are still around 3 weeks later.

So the reporting...it sucks. Is slow. And before too long they will close this thread like the other ones mentioning hacking, and delete all of the comments.

hounddog72

I have seen loads of Hackers too, I will start tracking them and find out how long it takes too. I think it would be great if they would send you an email after they look into the person you reported.

Northerndj

Well they don't want us to name and shame on here so steam it is for that

But if they don't want us to name and shame hackers how do we no if there getting banned

since the Clan vs Clan was announced eg the date there has been a massive rise in hackers mainly from eastern Europe and the hacks have also appeared on the internet

I wonder if they will get a seese and desist order like the the FOV inventor did

JustBetter

1 month and counting so far to get anyone banned

JustBetter

still no bans apparent, dont trust the lies you're told about the "Ban hammer", be smart and look at leaderboards to see the actual truth

wol-va-rine

It's sad, most hackers are blatantly hacking, not even trying to hide it because...well, they can, and nothing is being done, the ones I run into brag about hacking since pre-release and that IW "can't" ban them. I've adjusted my play style to the campier vibe of Ghosts, but even that doesn't work against blatant botters. It's to the point where they even play with each other in lobbies now on the same team (ran into two partied up the other day, both with the exact same hack). I've learned my lesson, this will be the last IW game I ever buy...period.

SuckMyJohnBag

So true. I came across  a guy last night [Removed by Moderator] and while still waiting for the game countdown he types "report me, report me etc". As soon as the match start, I proceeded to get shot through wall with sniper aimbot. I got that good old MW3 feeling back.

D0T-C0M

I talked to 2 hackers last night in depth.  They were 2 adult guys in their 40s and the gist of the conservation was that they are really frustrated and sick and tired with IW and chose to hack and incite people to report them.  Is it just a ruse behind their real motives or is there some amount a truth in what they say?

Momba1

Pff...only (2)? Last night I said screw it and tried Hardcore DOM and the ENTIRE team was hacking. Sadly some hackers apparently simply said screw it and are shooting your trough anything they can and never mind being subtle.

One game stuck out last night, some guy must have been host and about every single kill you'd level up 1, e.g. 22...kill...23...etc after a few kills I noticed it and left.

A CLEAN LOBBY ANYMORE IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Postmanliver

Guys, we can not do anything. There is a proposal. Let's ask treyarch return next year we rent servers. Let's write in Twitter or Facebook are. Let everyone write, I do not know what else might be out.(12-18 slots)

Northerndj

On MW3 we had the Kick Tool so we could tell and ban a Hacker

so was this aloud this time NO

On MW3 the main Hack was Aimbot and the Wall Hack

on Ghost there are loads even one that has all of them and is Menu driven

IW answer this with adding another tab called Boosting I mean come on

We carn't Boost as there is to much lag to do even that

So is IW doing any thing well they need to as XBOX users also are having this issue