21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 5:21 PM by CYGNUS2000 RSS

Weird Frame Rate Issue

CYGNUS2000

Is anyone else still having weird frame rate issues on occasion? Performance can feel jumpy, especially when explosions or when a lot is happening at once on screen.

• Re: Weird Frame Rate Issue
    Brandino_84

I still have this issue from time to time....but it's very inconsistent.

TheePamino

I'm experiencing similar issues. For the most part everything is fine but occasionally, out of nowhere, the framerate plays up something rotten. Happened on Stonehaven just now as I turned a corner.

The one thing I will say, I am experiencing this far more on Ghosts than I did on BO2. Not sure why that is.

N0doze2

Yes, me too. I'm glad someone else posted about this. So far, its only a minor annoyance for me and usually only lasts for about a second or two. But it would be nice not to have to deal with it :\

RobboFX

It happens for me on most maps tbh but Stonehaven one of the worst at the bottom of the map. I did tweet a bunch of people at IW support about this and got the response back of "is my disk scratched" and it's "probably Lagg with my connection" i explained that 75dl 25ul and a 10ping all open ports with a static IP and ps4 in the dmz of my router I know they wouldn't be able to fix it there and then but was just hoping to raise awareness and maybe a response of "we are aware of the issue and are looking in to it"  the lad I play online with has given up and now plays BF but im sticking it out in the hope it will get a patch.

Overall I enjoy playing the game

GALACT1C0s117

it's not lag is frame rate drops and my guess is they just ported it from PS3 and raised the resolution, you can notice that PS4 is not the problem, I have BF4 and it has better graphics than ghosts and i've never experienced frame rate drops, same with killzone.

cdavisyo

Yes I have it on every map--sucks.  Clearly they have no idea how to fix it or they don't care to.

TH3_IT

YES! All big explosions give me bad "shutter lag".

biron_w

I got this game today on the PS4 and I've noticed this frame rate issue thing a couple of times. It's not bad enough to ruin my game but it is strange.

CallOfDutyFan88

Im a function over cosmetic kinda guy, if lowering the quality of a dust effect or something like that will solve the problem than i hope they feel free to go ahead and do whatever it takes

N0doze2

I'm the same way. Whenever I play PC games, I usually drop graphics a lot until I'm getting consistent 50-60fps. Unfortunately, the developers are going to probably put graphics ahead of performance in this case since I think a lot more people would complain if they reduced the effects. If the frame drops were more severe and happened more often, I think it would be a different story.

cdavisyo

It doesn't occur on xbone so it must be the higher res bogging it down.  I'd rather have visuals lessened than deal with this issue.

ExtremeKiller70

Noticed my first frame rate issues.  It may have been there always but never seen it until today. Map stonehaven bottom of my screen all fuzzy then clears up. Im using my PS3 cd wonder if that has anything to do with it ? Or are some of you using the PS4 cd

ge0rdiemark

Whatever it is fix it IW or at least acknowledge it.

WE get patches for competitive 360, but no mention of playability issues with Ps4.
    Obviously they are getting some money for this.

All I can say is we pro actively avoid season pass until they give us a fix date (that's what I am doing).

All they understand is money

WolfRidge

I get it almost every game, as others have said normally when the action is intense or there is a player near me?

Doesn't affect me too much but it's definitely irritating.

A patch for most of the issues is Well Overdue!

Where are these "Upcoming Improvements" ?

GhostsR4

sadly I have this issue and it kills the game for me specially on stonehaven . Shame !!

AutumnalVox

The reason is that the PS4 is running it TOO well. It's as simple as that. When it tries to read the surroundings, it surges the power of the console up to approx 65 frames a second, when it only shows 60...so it ends up skipping the frames instead. IW definitely needs to address this issue soon..

safari_Joe

This is correct.  Well according to Activision anyway.

The reason for the frame rate problems is because the game was designed for previous gen consoles and the PS4 is in their words "too powerful" and try's to add frames into the game that simple aren't there.

CYGNUS2000

A few months have gone by and frame rate still hasn't been addressed by IW. There is no excuse for this. I don't have the issue on Xboxone. It's amazing that almost every other multiplatform game runs better on ps4 over xbone except its most popular title. Game looks and sounds  better on ps4 over xbone, but IW is too lazy to fix the issue. I'm sure that I am not alone in not buying the next COD title at release. Frame rate on a twitch shooter is a critical component for online play. Terrible job IW. I've bought season pass for years. I didn't buy it this year. I know I'm not alone with my sentiment. I spent my money on Titanfall and look forward to Titanfall 2 on the PS4. Activision needs to step up and address basic issues like this.