37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 9:32 PM by tonystark1284 RSS

I have little incentive to play anymore.

DalekonDrugs

Before you think I am whining little kid read carefully and think , I love Call of Duty with a certain passion so please hear me out.

I am a Call of Duty veteran and have played across platforms since Call of Duty 2, I remember that day very well when my Uncle came in with the new 360 and showed me CoD 2 and I must say only being 10 at the time I enjoyed the heck out of it and fell in love until the red ring of death from the first Xbox 360's but we wont go into that bag of worms. So I have experience in knowing what is good and bad about Call of Duty and what makes it work so well and I am sure a lot of the veterans in the forums know that too a honorable mention would be starbuckfrack.

(Yes there is a but coming) But Call of Duty Ghosts is the first Call of Duty which I have little to no incentive to play and I am that no life who maxes out my prestige every year etc and yes I despise boosters and hackers and modders.

The reason why I have no incentive is very simple when I max out my rank I would go for gold guns or I would play well in the leaderboards the keep me playing this great game but in Call of Duty ghosts after getting my 5th gold gun I realize what is the point? I say this because so many hackers/modders simply hack these things and so many people I see in lobbies clearly hacked it yes I can tell the difference and this seems to be little priority for the developers to fix. Yes reporting the selfish kids (and I say kids because if you do take part in any lobby etc you have the mind of a child) gets them off the game eventually but that does not solve the issue as they will keep coming and because there is so many participants it makes me and other honest players worthless.

A point some of you will make is there is 3 more platforms to care fr now which are the Wii U, Xbox ONE and the PS4 on top of the existing ones and that point is invalid as they are not supported as ones would hope.

They should be focusing on fixing these mods and hacks as their first priority nothing should come first and that is the most morale thing to do, if they need to employ more staff to do it then do it because it is embarrassing and ridiculous that this is still so prevalent, examples are Black ops 1 and MW3 and Black ops 2 all had glitches and mods in their prime but they were fixed in their prime I exclude MW2 for obvious reasons which we wont go into.

Call of Duty games are supposed to be better or at least improved, and this one is a BIG step back on security issues in the game. And every time they update the game I get hopeful and then I see a e-sports update, are you kidding me? How can that be even slightly more important that fixing the security and piracy going on in the game? It is not they need to focus.

Yes that rant was large but I am passionate about gaming and it saddens me that I can't play anymore the more I play the more I look like one of them because those mods/hacks are still around.

I would love to hear what you guys think about the developers priorities right now and yes you can all hate on my post for apparently whining but I am not being unfair I want a fair game like all normal people

• Re: I have little incentive to play anymore.
    IgnoreMyName

Only modding/cheating that bugs me is one that gives the players an advantage. Anything like wall hacks and the like.
    What does it matter if there's 100 or 100,000 players with all gold guns? It should make no difference to you. It's a personal challenge to get it if you want. I didn't like gold camo in MW3 at first but then started getting more and more gold guns for the challenge.?

Play for yourself, not others right

DalekonDrugs

I do but that is not the point I don't feel like I have accomplished something which can be cheated so easily thanks for your comment sir.

TOLAND

But you did accomplish the feat, and legitimately, I might add.  I commend you. 

Just as in life, there are losers who cheat to get what they want.  Some cheaters get the punishment they deserve, some never have to face the music.  Sometimes the cheaters get away with it for a very long time, see Bernie Madoff, before they are exposed for the losers they really are.

You can't let the losers control your life.

Peace

PandasRpeople2

The great majority of us want a fair game.  I know very little about hacking/modding and what it takes to pull that stuff off, or why it's apparently more prevalent this time around.  For me, though, BO2 was a bigger disappointment in the "unfair" category.  I remember how sad I was to realize that, of the absurd number of players running around with a Nuclear Killer emblem, probably 97% of them had gotten it by boosting.

I think it's pretty clear that by removing Tac Inserts from standard multiplayer, IW was trying to take a preemptive stand against cheaters and I have to commend them for that.  As for why they can't deal with hackers more effectively right now, IDK what the answer is and don't want to jump to any conclusions without some facts.

Tactics74

Hey man,

I play just for the sake of playing-- I never have equipped a camo in any Cods and only prestige in Ghosts because I needed different soldiers for different gamemodes. Also, character customization? what do I care what I look like to someone else..

I understand this game is no thrill ride in excitement ville, but if that is what makes you enjoy in the game, then in all honesty you just don't like the game.

iHattoriHanzo0

I certainly agree with all aspects and passion you have about modders, hackers, and cheaters. Taking care of those problems should and need to be first priority. It has been a major step back in that regard compared to the past 3 titles.

On the other hand, the cheaters don't affect me as far as my accomplishments in the game. There is no difference in my mind between these cheaters and the hacking 10th prestige spinning dbags in MW2. I played that game the most even with all the javelin/red smoke/care package glitches, jtag garbage, and 10th prestige lobbies. I still enjoy the gameplay, ranking up, operations, and clan war comps.

So until my rankings or stats are directly affected by these low-lifes, I will still be playing and enjoying my game. If I ever do encounter them.......watch out.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Shadowelite555

I had the same journey of 'why bother' for Call of Duty recently... Max prestige, then what? Gold guns, then what? I guess my skill against others. I haven't achieved either all gold guns or max prestige yet, but when I do get there. Then there's these kids who hack for the stuff. My COD playing started with BO2, then I worked my way back through MW3 and BO1 and saw how far COD had come. Ghost is a good game, no arguing. But IW needs to worry more about the hackers. We all deserve a fair game.

ShocKuMzzz

Step 1) Buy a capture card.

Step 2) Record your gameplay.

Step 3) Enjoy your gameplay, share with friends. (Heck, even try making a montage)

I'm finding myself in the exact same rut. Even while playing the game I'm like, "why the heck am I doing this?" But I've actually found that recording my gameplay and re-watching those great moments is a lot of fun and very rewarding. Plus, it gives you something to do after you're done playing.

Tick7

Haven't played the game since Xbox One came out.

Ghosts is an insult to the veteran Call of Duty players who have put so much money & hours and passion into the game.

I can't fathom why anyone would buy the season pass. I really can't. Value left the series a very long time ago, and it's shocking that people still remain attached to this series - like sheep

iHattoriHanzo0

Tick7 wrote:

Ghosts is an insult to the veteran Call of Duty players who have put so much money & hours and passion into the game.

To each their own. I've been an avid CoD player since MW. I haven't enjoyed CoD as much as I am right now since WaW. So please don't bunch me into your insulted veteran players.

starbuckfrack

I am a COD veteran too, but they dont have to keep the COD veterans happy. The amount you spent on a previous game has nothing to do with your present purchase of the game, every body who buys this game is equal.The only thing constant in this world is change.

What about the Saints Row veterans who loved Saints 1 and too and got screwed over on 3 and 4 they didnt deserve anything more either.

zzyzzwix

The reason why I have no incentive is very simple when I max out my rank I would go for gold guns or I would play well in the leaderboards the keep me playing this great game but in Call of Duty ghosts after getting my 5th gold gun I realize what is the point? I say this because so many hackers/modders simply hack these things and so many people I see in lobbies clearly hacked it yes I can tell the difference and this seems to be little priority for the developers to fix.

As a person who is 6 weapons away from weapons mastery and having obtained secondary mastery on BO2, I don't know what you're talking about. These camos are meant to be for yourself, for your own personal satisfaction and/or your achievement that you've mastered the gun enough to be rewarded with the elusive gold/diamond camo, NOT status. As far as I'm concerned, I recognise how difficult it is to get the special weapons diamond, and I still don't care if they hack it, because diamond camo looks sweet and the challenges to get them are beyond retarded. Little stupid cosmetics that mean bugger all like the Prestige Master glitch should NOT be the top priority in a game that's allegedly bugged to f*ck with more important glitches to concentrate on, like god mode and especially that stupid invisibility mod that started on BO1 and carried through to MW3. I wish more people would just realise that.

DalekonDrugs

My point has not obviously been explained thoroughly so i shall attempt to extract the little patience I have with a simple answer, Ghosts is a bugged game like all other Call of Duties but this game lost my spirit it may of not lost yours but it has certainly lost mine and I can speak from experience that it is no longer the 2% who mod or cheat the game it seems clear to me that it is more like 15% and that is wrong and cannot be condoned simple as that yes I do love achieving something and feel good but then I realize it is meaningless because of a broken game I feel sad. 

As the old saying goes we can agree to disagree my friend.

oDxPerception

What I don't understand is why people are still complaining about hacked stats/wall hack/rapid fire controllers/ or whatever else there might be. It has been around, is around, and will be around.  Don't get me wrong, but if someone is truly using a program to gain a competitive edge over others, or to boost their stats why not just leave the game? If you yourselves don't want to skip ranks because of someone else and their inability to play the game like it's meant to be played, why not dashboard?

Another thing that people need to understand is that there really are players who truly are good at the game.  They play like they're supposed to without having the assistance of a program or mod;  Turtle Beach headsets/Astro Gaming headsets are a part of the norm now.  We can hear you coming from a million miles away.  We aren't cheating (as much of the average player would like to think so).  These headsets are designed to help you with your sense of direction, so when we sit and wait for you to come around the corner...we shoot you obviously.  This brings me to my next point: When we sit and wait for you because we hear where you're coming from, it's called Strategic Placement not camping

________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________

I HAVE LITTLE INCENTIVE TO PLAY ANYMORE.

DalekonDrugsLevel 1

This question is for you Sir. Can you actually tell a difference between someone who is modding and someone who has a Turtle Beach headset... One who strategically places himself in a position to where he practically cannot die? Can you tell the difference between a mod and someone who actually has some good accuracy (along with a little luck) and is able to pull off headshots like it's the year 2500? Some of us are just that good. We get called cheaters/campers all the time.  I'd like to think that I'm pretty decent at Call of Duty and I am a veteran myself. I've been playing the Call of Duty title since it was originally released... What really amazes me is the new pool of players who have never played Call of Duty until Ghosts was released.  I've had players with super low ratios drop shot/halo jump me like nobodies business. Do I think they're cheating? No. They've just got a little luck on their side.

Lastly, I can't personally say that I've ever been in a hacked lobby, I've only seen what it does to other peoples stats. If other players affected your view on this game so much, why didn't you try to join a different game-type or just leave the game that was causing your experience to not be fun anymore? Just a thought.

DalekonDrugs

I have no problem being killed by skilled players and you must of not read my post clearly I play with and love competitive play and I understand that some people are good and some use mods and sometimes you cannot tell.

That is not what I am on about I am simply on about people who cheat the game to get a high rank and gold guns etc and mod their stats and your question is how can I tell? It is very easy with 10 seconds of my time I check their leaderboards kills and all of their leaderboards for game modes and I add kills up for example if their game mode leaderboards kills = 20,000 and their leaderboards for kills = 67,873 then they are modded, BAM and the dirt is gone easy to check if you know what you are doing.

I have not complained being killed by skilled players and never will because I enjoy that part of CoD I hope we are now both on the same wave length. Yes I do leave these games that is a thought but your defeatist attitude confuses me I should not have to leave the game so often these hacks/mods should not be so prevalent so long after release simple as that.

I will always love playing video games and I sir will never call hacks on a skillful player (unless it is starcraft those Koreans man they are so GOOD) I only complain on a problem what needs to be fixed to give CoD a longer lifespan I only want good for the franchise and all this modding is a big blow not just to the consumer but to Activision as well.

iHattoriHanzo0

I knew what you were talking about. Obviously not a person yelling "cheater! cheater!" for lack of responsibility.

There have been a large amount of claims and reports of players entering hacked lobbies which screw up their stats. Also seen some vids on youtube. Just type in 2 words: Ghosts, hack. There you go. The under belly of the community.

starbuckfrack

All games have people who hack to cheat or just outright cheat . This game is no different. If you dont have ioncentive anymore to play the game because of cheaters then good luck finding a game without hacks or cheats cause there are none. Look ho long it took them to catch the people stealing money from GTA5 and those players who spent it STILL get to keep their property.

And you cant say the percentage of hackers in this game is higher that other games because LOT of gamers dont even see a hacker for years. I havent seen a hacked game since MW2 and I play COD religiously.

Sure there are games I dont feel like playing anymore, thats why I am glad I didnt buy a 360 for just one game. They can stay on the shelf til I feel like playing them again. Of course thats because I refused to EVER trade in a game that I liked.

In real life cheaters actually DO win. They get bigger houses, the promotion that you waited 5 years for, huge paychecks and beautiful wives, ( lucky I got the beautiful wife ). Many things in life act the same. Criminals are actually allowed to run the streets at night for years without getting caught. You might as well want to quit life too because of all the cheaters.Dont let a cheater stand in the way of YOU being happy. You could be like them and get all the money and the glory or live your life happy knowing you did the right thing when you go to sleep at night.

Just like the cops do, the policing dept DOES catch most of  the cheaters but just like the cops they take the easier arrests. The ones where they actually have to spend time digging up evidence probably will never get caught.

DalekonDrugs

There have been many posts here and some have touched me quite well thank you all for bringing the Dalek back to life, no little kids will stop me from having fun and now to Call of Duty where I shall blow up stuff and hear the rage endlessly! Your comments are all appreciated.

rankismet

While I hold hackers with as much esteem as my last poo...

... they exist in every game.

Report them.

Avoid them.

Move on.

They are no more/less prevalent in this title that previous ones, IMO.

Ghosts main issues are poor host selection/matchmaking and a spawn algorithm which still uses revenge spawning coupled with instant action.

Fix those two things and 90% of the issues go poof.

Keepmequite

The problem my friend is veterans don't pay the bills. Us dedicated players who have supported COD for years are few and far between compared to the mindless Sheep that will bend over and take any BS Activision throws at them. They want a game to be mindless noob orientated to sell as many copies as possible to the 10 year old's out there.

Sadly the days of big corporations like Activision appreciating loyal customers are gone. It might still be reinvent in smaller companies fighting to stay afloat in this economic environment but big retailers no longer give a **** about us as individuals, were just numbers on a balance sheet. 

Runandgunerring

This is dumb. You are upset that people are boosting for gold guns like it is something new to COD yet they have done this in all other cod games. Your entire logic is a fail. By your logic I might as well not play any game because what is the point I mean a booster is just going to cheat to get to the highest level.

Oh and FYI if you have to start off your thread explaining why you aren't a whiner then you are probably a whiner

Izjar11

So I have experience in knowing what is good and bad about Call of Duty and what makes it work so well and I am sure a lot of the veterans in the forums know that too a honorable mention would be starbuckfrack.

Your "experience" is yours alone, probably shared by some but not all.

The reason why I have no incentive is very simple when I max out my rank I would go for gold guns or I would play well in the leaderboards the keep me playing this great game but in Call of Duty ghosts after getting my 5th gold gun I realize what is the point?

You play this game to earn camos and rank? Though not a terrible reason, perhaps your focus on this has changed and now your possibly simply bored of doing this, year after year?

I say this because so many hackers/modders simply hack these things and so many people I see in lobbies clearly hacked it yes I can tell the difference and this seems to be little priority for the developers to fix.

I thought you said your were "experienced" anyone who has played these games knows the leader boards are never 100% accurate and that many modders' love to glitch to earn something easily. And you notice this until Ghost? Odd.

They should be focusing on fixing these mods and hacks as their first priority nothing should come first and that is the most morale thing to do,

I agree 100% with this, but its been proven over and over again, human ingenuity in cracking other peoples codes / security will go on for as long as possible. Cheaters will NEVER disappear, never.

Call of Duty games are supposed to be better or at least improved, and this one is a BIG step back on security issues in the game. And every time they update the game I get hopeful and then I see a e-sports update, are you kidding me? How can that be even slightly more important that fixing the security and piracy going on in the game? It is not they need to focus.

Again your right, security should and has to be improved but to think it wont happen or that other titles weren't "modded" upon release is just well naive. We here do not know the security they have in place, we write things and mention things but I am 100% sure IW + MS + PSN and other game and console providers take security very serious, problem is as I said: Someone will always try to cheat, its human nature to do it.

it saddens me that I can't play anymore the more I play the more I look like one of them because those mods/hacks are still around.

Say what? Your sadden that you cant play because you "look" like them? Ok this final line is confusing and concerning. How do you "look" like a cheater?

DalekonDrugs

My original post may of been slightly uninformative due to a passion for the game I shall explain, my post is simply pointing out that hackers have more ammunition in this CoD as simple as that I play for many things if you read all of them I love competitive Call of Duty but I care about the state of the game and it has simply deterred but due to the greatness of what is these forums I have noticed other players have brains too and not everyone wants to cheat which in my little world it felt like for some time we could say I was losing my mind from constantly engaging with them and now it has settled.

I know all the other titles had there security issues but Black ops 2 is proof that security can be improved and all other developers from Call of Duty should learn a lesson from that.

MW2 I let them off due to the firings etc and the earlier CoD's they were in earlier stages of development and needed time but now 10 years on there needs to be improvement not a decline from the last title.

I hope you understand I simply have a certain passion in my original post and want the best for the game yes i still love it and gold guns and rank is not only what matters.

obzi

I agree with a lot of what your saying OP and I point the finger straight away at the kids playing this game.

On the run up to Christmas I absolutely loved this game, it played well and everyone playing it seemed to be having fun but at the same time taking it seriously, then comes the 25th of December and it all changes.  Now we have kids messing around, trick shots, shooting in the air while spinning around and generally acting like idiots.

I watched three of my team on core yesterday running around and around each other trying shoot each other.

I doubt there are very few people over the age of 25 or even 21 hacking and boosting (probably 0.01%) there are probably very few over the age of 18, I'll put money on 98% of those hacking and cheating being under 16 years of age.

In all the years I've messed with many boosters on this game not once have I heard a voice that sounded like he was over 18, or even 15 for that matter.

To me little kids have ruined older versions this game because they are hacked to death and now they've started on Ghosts, there are some kids who play legit but there vast majority of the problems such as hacking, boosting and all the rest is down to them.

tonystark1284

couldnt have said it better my self good post

tonystark1284

ill play you and then you can rage a little maybe that will snap you out of it