10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 11:15 AM by dtuchpunk RSS

treyarch not making call of duty this year

veilofmaya

so what do you all thinkabout this? rumors are out that sledgehammer (makers of mw3) will be making the next installment of call of duty.  SGT.FrankWoods (voice actor for frank woods) tweeted "sad that there wont be frank woods or zombies for 2 more years!) how do you feel about this? i for one am a little disappointed...mw3 sucked!!

• Re: treyarch not making call of duty this year
    nicedrewishfela

Mixed feelings.

To be fair, Sledgehammer was working with IW on MW3, so I don't know how much that impacted their involvement or limited their scope.

I do think the series needs a fresh start with a new developer, I think IW and Treyarch have maybe gotten burned out on CoD at this point. Will be interesting to see if they can breathe some new life into the series or if they continue to make some of the questionable choices that have been made by the Developers we've come to know.

Wait and see, I guess.

Shadowelite555

Well, if Sledgehammer does join the annual cycle of CODs, then each studio would have more time to polish their games.

starbuckfrack

If its a developer that changes it still will be the same time cycle.

It basically has been IW on the main portion for two years then Treyarch on the main game for two years. Sledgehammer will take over Treyarchs reigns.

Now here is the sad thing Sledgehammer has to comepletly make this game in 10 months from now. Not enough time to take over where the other developers took off starting around January last year.

Sledgehammer could honestly ruin the COD series or built it up better than before, that is all based on others opinions which wont really affect the game in either way.

I have a very strong feeling that Slegdehammer will NOT know what the COD veterans will want in their game because they havent been here that long. Sledgehammer doesnt really know what we want because every poster on this forum for example has been "demoted" thanks to the new software used in the forum now.

Tryarch to me made a lot of good games, even going back to the PS2 version s of Spiderman. If the rumor IS true that they are gone it could be a sad day in development history, ESPECIALLY when sledgehammer may not know a thing about what makes good lag comp.

For example look at what unpolished turd that the one new company they brought in when making Carmageddon TDR2000 (carma 3) it was a pure disaster in gameplay , animations, editing capabilities and even more of a joke in graphics compared to Carma 2. The greatest car smash series was destroyed completely in one games time.

Izjar11

veilofmaya wrote:

so what do you all thinkabout this? rumors are out that sledgehammer (makers of mw3) will be making the next installment of call of duty.  SGT.FrankWoods (voice actor for frank woods) tweeted "sad that there wont be frank woods or zombies for 2 more years!) how do you feel about this? i for one am a little disappointed...mw3 sucked!!

life will continue guy no need to feel

dtuchpunk

Source please.

Everybody can say that we want a source. And a good source not some lame utuber for example

AGROtheWOMBAT

To be honest, I don't care who makes the game. Hell FalconR6 could make the game and as long it played great and there was little to no problems with the multiplayer, I would buy it.

FalconR6

I like my own ideas when it comes to Cod - but don't we all.

As for me making the game, lols, I know you're being silly,,, but dude....I wouldn't know where to start to make Pong .

Sledgehammer coming to the party **still rumor** does make things very very interesting. Are they just taking over as lead developer for Black Ops series? Will a three year cycle begin? Will, as starbuckfrack suggest Sledgehammer deliver a sub-standard game due to time restraints,, or indeed breathe fresh life into the series.

Honestly though, I think the bigger factor over the next few years is that Cod is being made for Next-gen consoles - this can only be a good thing.