43 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 11:17 PM by Legend0002 RSS

TREYARCH'S OWN ZOMBIES ONLY GAME!

Merlin1

Zombies really needs to be it's own platform. It needs to be it's own game because let's face it, sure multiplayer is good but the only reason people play treyarch's games are because of ZOMBIES! Imagine it Call of Duty Zombies, it's own francise away from campaign and mp. So this could leave room for lot's of possibilities like a main campaign/Main story of zombies then you could have survival where you just play for getting high rounds, co-op where you play with friends for fun,grief and turned and treyarch can add all kinds of fun like a 12 player infected mode like on MW3 but instead of turning into humans they play as a zombie to try and eliminate other players!

Also i am doing a zombies clan so if you want to check it out it's called the BornForFighting clan and message Richtofenz BFF for a tryout!

• Re: TREYARCH'S OWN ZOMBIES ONLY GAME!
    PalletxTown

It would be pretty neat if they did, but it's highly unlikely they will.

LordOfDaZombiez

This has been discussed many times before and the sad truth of the matter is that Treyarch is owned by Activision and Activision likes to kill games. They get a formula that sells TONS of copys then they re-release the same exact game every year with very minor changes so as not to change the formula that works for making them lots of money. Then when people get tired of paying $60 for the same game every year the masses stop buying said game and then Activision kills the whole project. Case in point, Guitar Hero, or If your old enough to remember, Tony Hawks Pro Skater. This is the formula that has worked to make them the gaming giant that they are, and as great as it would be, I don't see them changing that formula any time soon. I'm pretty sure that treyarch has posed the idea of a stand alone zombie game but Activision flat out denied it because it dosen't follow there business plan. They would rather put out one game with 3 different halfass games within it out instead of 3 full blown games based off of the game modes, because that way we have to buy the whole game rather than just one part of it. So multiplayer fans have to pay for zombie/solo campaign production, zombie fans have to pay for multiplayer/solo campaign production and solo campaign fans have to pay for zombie/multiplayer production. Plus if you look how many people are on multiplayer/zombies at any given time there are ALWAYS more people on MP than on Zombies. Sad but true. So unless Treyarch branches off from Activision, it's never going to come out. And even if they did branch off from Activision, Activision holds the rights to the Call of Duty franchise and subsequently the Zombies franchise. So if Treyarch did make there own Zombie game, Activision would sue the pants off of Treyarch and that would be the end of Treyarch based Call of Duty games all togehter.

USarmyvet

LordOfDaZombiez wrote:

They get a formula that sells TONS of copys then they re-release the same exact game every year with very minor changes so as not to change the formula that works for making them lots of money. Then when people get tired of paying $60 for the same game every year the masses stop buying said game and then Activision kills the whole project.

Lots of smaller publishers would love the chance to make the "peanuts" that Activision thinks it would bring.

Hope one of them does.

AmbeRose2

U didnt have 2 write a whole book

Pessysquad

TThis is exactly right. Remember, the CEO of activision probably doesn't even play games. He's just there to heard up more cash- however that may be.

reluctent

I've always had a thought, if everybody stopped buying games made by Activision then they would earn nothing and will screw up their business like mad, they could sue treyarch but it won't be them at fault. Plus if Treyarch wanted to leave Activision's petty leash then they could, they simply could not sue Treyarch for them for wanting to become a seperate company, Activision just get in the way, acting like the heroes when really their the saboteurs, the saboteurs that wrecked COD. But we have no say unless people really did quit getting COD for a while, but there are people out there who can't resist their gaming addictions.

mister_z

I beg to differ.. I see what your saying, and DO NOT doubt that they would really kill the game we love if they were to make it its own title. When it comes to Activision killing games..its purely a matter of opinion. What I see is activison pulling out these awsome games that other companies try to cash in on. Point check. Tony Hawk / EA SKATE..BO Zombies / Dead Island, this list can go on and on. I am old enough to remember Tony Hawk's games..all of them.

from Pro skater to Proven Grounds. They tapped in to something that has never been done. I am a skater so the fact that we now had a game featuring REAL pro skaters not just some made up skater dude. Its what made us buy every title after title. Think of Madden. same game different players. Different boards, different tricks. on and off the skateboard. What happens next.. EA Skate.. dont get me wrong. I am EA skate all the way. way better then TH's games. They just had to 1 up on TH.

The only reason I believe that they could make Zombies it own game.. is the massive storyline that comes with it.
      Again, I know they will screw it up. Just compair Moon to Origins. the reason I strongly believe that a Trearch Zombies game is in our near future is Black Ops 2 Zombies. Why would you add all this extra stuff in like Perma perks, Buildables, Transportation, massive maps. it all prepares us for whats to come. Think of BO2 Z's as a prototype of what they plan to do with this Franch.. thats why the ending bit the big one. I think that Edward's version.. Eddie's chance he'll get tomorrow if you will. Is the begining of a Campaign mode. Which can be cool.. but dont.. I repeat.DON'T TAKE AWAY SURVIVAL !.

Zombie-Hell-Fire

I like it but then people will complain because they have to buy another disc

I like the idea of more to zombies though more modes more everything to zombies

Berndog200

I totally agree, imagine, Zombies only, and every month or two they bring a DLC pack out with like 3 or 4 new maps every time, so the game over a year could build to have like 16 zombie maps.  I think this would bring in loads of money, I would pay for it, I got sick of multiplayer and CoD Ghosts sucks so bad I played multiplayer for about 1 hr and then just played extinction.  But now I am sick of that so now I am back on black ops 2 Zombies again.  If I could design games I would definitely try it and see how it faired. 

kudo shinichi 1

I think it could work honestly Call of Duty : Zombies (hopefully will have a better name) but it could still operate on the three tier system of campaign, mulitplayer and (zombies arcade).

For campaign- easy just take the zombie story line and make a campaign where you move around from place to place during each level (like left for dead) have it so it has an end but can be expended upon whether after or before.

For Multiplayer - Change it up take levels off of the campaign and have all weapons and perks be obtainable on the maps it will still be player vs player no ai zombies. There would be no pack a punch though it would be a separate mode where all weapons where pack a punch. Points are just points everything is free to the player. Have the box wonder weapons and make the kill times longer like zombies. I think it could work, it would be change that most who like cod multiplayer would hate because they would not be use to it at the beginning but screw it. It would just be fun. Have options to edit starting out weapons and different game modes of course no loadouts though.

Zombies (arcade,firefight, horde what ever you want to call it ) Like multiplayer take levels from campaign and do the same this time have no story in them that links to campaign just what if scenario maps with Easter eggs. Have more customizable options for game difficulty.

For Dlc include one campaign level, couple multiplier and couple Zombie levels.

If they did what reach did by having multiplayer and fire fight assets in the campaign they could make a long enough game.

But that just what I think 0% chance this would happen plus it would be to much change gasp

danpen123

You can not have it like (left for dead) that is just like copying a game. But you could have it the way it has been. But put into one big game. And don't have to worry about picking a map have one big whole map. That way you would not have to worry.

reluctent

Why couldn't they make a custom zombies like WaW had, only its Black ops 2 based, it would be brill but yet again money making ideas thrown away and replaced by time wasters. They didn't even bring back the classic Dead ops arcade, another bit of evidence that they don't care. (Yet it was said that in the Uprising DLC, DOA was to be brought back into Black ops 2, pure BS now). They lied several times about DLC content, here's a list of things i've heard that were meant to be brought back and re-invented.

1. Dead ops arcade ---- Revolution

2. Zombies stats refresh ---- Meant to be in both Uprising and Vengeance DLC's but just lies!

3. Wunderwaffe DG-2 ---- Apocolyspe

4. Every gun in the game added to Origins mystery box ---- Apocolypse

5. Classic WaW maps- re-invented ---- Apocolypse

None of this happened surpisingly enough, if they just added these 5 things then Black ops 2 would be a heck ton better!

Booman45

I wish this will happen, but it wont. They might even drop zombies in their next game....

Cheesegrater28

Not only would I absolutely love this, but I think Activision could benefit from it. Take a break from their campaigns which are getting worse and worse and somehow incorporate a new multiplayer that goes with the zombie theme, since multiplayer has become extremely stale. Ghosts has one of the worst campaigns in any first person shooter I've played, story wise, and I have little interest in any of the other stuff. And it seems activision knows their product is losing steam. They had to exaggerate their sales numbers and game scores to make it seem like they are still doing great. Who brags about RETAILER SALES. So I think a yearly break from their same old copy and paste game would help them. Cause I haven't bought the last 2 IW games and BO2 made me question if I'm gonna buy Treyarchs next game. Definitely not buying till it's out and I have a look.

But a zombie campaign with some real zombie modes for multiplayer would be awesome if done right. And all that disk space and man power dedicated to zombies would allow for some epic maps. BO2 ended up feeling rushed and incomplete. Would rather it gets more attention since its the only reason I buy their games anymore. And maybe the two year gap would allow them to freshen up the regular game and make that better instead of small changes each year. Wishful thinking. 

Booman45

The campaign was at it's best for me in BO2.

Yes they'd benifit from it but they care about One thing: MONEY.

sasukeJAuchiha

I agree. The campaign for blops 2 was great. Very underrated. Same for blops 1.

Cheesegrater28

Ghosts sales are down 50% from last year and I get the feeling that I wasn't the only one disappointed with BO2, which I preordered and got the season pass for. So I wouldn't rely on Treyarchs next game to sell as well as it's last did. With Battlefield and other FPS games coming out each year, CoD isn't gonna be making the same money it was unless it makes real changes. Which is why I think a zombie game would help them mask the same old game and possibly help their sales.

sasukeJAuchiha

Treyarch's selling point since waw has been zombies and they screwed up this time. MP was okay. It was balanced well enough, and the patches that came for it were welcomed in my book. Overall Blops 2 was a decent overall game. It would have been good or even great if the lag issues (especially on MP) as well as zombies wouldn't have been a total failure. I just feel that Cod is too big a game at this point, so there will be haters and lovers of the next game. Ghosts came at an awkward time, and I think Cod's lifeline depended a lot on it. Cod will not survive this generation unless Treyarch steps up their game. It's sad to say it, but it's true.

maxslick

"Ghosts sales are down 50% from last year..."

It is abit hard to compare as this year there is the new gen console transition.

Not everyone has migrated yet and many who are on the ps3/xbox maybe holding out on getting Ghosts until their next gen console arrives.

Back on topic - regardless of how many bad bits there have been about the COD games there will always be a new tide of followers, enough for the developers to keep making money to rollout whatever effort they can. I still do not think they will will separate Zombies though. It is a safer option to keep the two together. Roughly 80% of the people I have come across have played both MP and Zombies. While the remaining percentage are split between playing either only MP or only Zombies.

Treyarch will really have to lift their game if they were to make 80% of the population buy two games in the future.

reluctent

Its because Ghosts is a new COD story line, it ain't meant to continue off anything.

Cheesegrater28

I agree. I never said that its a continuation or anything, just that it is awful. Its pretty much the same story line of BO2. There is a bad guy, flash back of why he is so bad, then you capture him as part of his plan, frees himself, tortures someone in front of you, and then you have to kill him to save the world. Except now you and your brother and daddy are part of some cheesy unit in ski masks. Gameplay wise CoD is always fun, but how many times can I stealth knife a guy and have it still be awesome or the character gets groggy and dizzy from falling, a crash, an explosion, or bad guy hitting me in the head. These things were great in past games when they were original but now its done every mission. I just thought it was a terrible new installment and I didn't really enjoy the near future setting of BO2 either.

I don't think they will do a zombie only game, but I think it would be awesome and help them. Instead of the same old cliche action movie style campaign every year, why not throw in a zombie one. You can still have us fighting soldiers, but you could also have zombies and other things in the mix. Build it around the old storyline with new characters doing things around the same time period while we get a few hints at what is going on and what the other crew is doing, kind of like Nuketown did with the messages. That way the story has some familiarity to it without completely giving away what's going on and so it can send us to new spots and old ones. A campaign with real interesting bosses instead of one cheesy bad guy we have to choke out and quick time kill at the end. And as we progress through the campaign, new zombie maps for zombie mode and mini games can be unlocked. Mini games like a good tower defense with sniping zombies and protecting people or driving games, kind of like Spec Ops for MW2.

And they could even keep their core multiplayer gameplay with more horror themed maps which would be a little more interesting then the boring rooftop something helipad or plane crash crater maps we get now. Loved them the first time we had them, but now the maps don't stand out at all, except the DLC maps which get a little more attention, minus the recycled ones we get. They'd still make the action game, but I think a year break would at least help it be a little more original. I don't think it will happen, but wish it would. For me, the series needs some new life and I think a zombie game would give them that.

reluctent

If this was a new installment to COD, it would sure be great. But after watching Treyarch do what they did in Black ops 2 zombies, its just clear they have completely ran out of ideas, so therefore threw the fact it was all a child's imagination in our faces and dropped it all on Origins. I mean, after you come up with a good idea for a game, you should be able to continue that franchise forever, ideas are unlimited. But Treyarch obviously wanted to end it all in Origins, well all I'm going to say is they really spoiled zombies for good, the story won't be a story anymore since its all a fake.

As bad as it seems, Treyarch will very unlikely carry on zombies after Origins. They clearly don't care what happens to it all now, the only thing the care about is stroking the $'s in their hands and watching us rage at them. If this idea was to be produced then zombies may just continue but its a moment people have to expect the worst from, especially since Activision are likely going to have done something to the new game, if there is one. MOTD and Origins were the only thing that made zombies worth playing on Black ops 2, those maps were complex and unique, the others however, failed to continue the storyline at the best it could, the endgames were a dissapointment along with the final ending to Origins. I've asked this question before, WTF happened between Black ops 1 and Black ops 2!?

M3NTZ3R29

I thought BO2 maps were way more creative than BO1. A huge post-apocalyptic destroyed town that is Tranzit, Alcatraz, an underground western town with a haunted house? Way more creative than a nazi theater, a soviet cosmodome, or some jungle. Moon and CoTD were good, but they each had really annoying flaws, CoTD had george and fog, and Moon had that awful gravity, which was realistic, but poorly done. I floated whenever I ran over a slight bump. Anyway, I think that Treyarch should absolutely make another game with zombies and multiplayer. Treyarch is way better at multiplayer than the new infinity ward and Zombies is still great. I thought Origins was actually the worst map from Blops 2, although many thought it was the best. Ideally, Treyarch would release dlc zombies maps separate from multiplayer dlc so that I wouldnt have to pay 15$ just to play a zombies map. Also, I wish they would re-make tranzit for ps4 with really good graphics, no fog, and maybe a continuation of the easter egg.

reluctent

Those maps were really glitchy, nearly every public game I'd go in some person get's out the map and is not killed by death barriers.

He only denied glitching to the rest of his team even though he clearly was, probably did not know what a glitch was. The needed more death barriers on those maps, (not as many as on Black ops 2 maps though). It doesn't take 5 mins just to code in a death barrier, and yet it would be so helpful to catch glitchers.

HyP3RVoRt3X

What Treyarch needs to do is make a game for the next-gen consoles that is simply a collection of every zombies map ever. The maps wouldn't need to be changed in any way. Simply throw in each map from each game. Perhaps minimal amounts of new features to give us something different between this new Zombies and the current, but basically keeping the maps the same. This way, no one needs to constantly switch between games and/or consoles to play each installation of Zombies. I have a PS3 with World at War and then my Xbox 360 with the two Black Ops games. Now, after upgrading to the PS4, I'm not exactly looking forward to having to switch between three different platforms to be able to play each and every map (assuming that Treyarch includes more Zombies in it's next game). Perhaps this new game could include the option to have Black Ops or World at War mystery box for the classic maps. Or, maybe the ability to acquire every perk from the perk machines in the BO2 maps would be a possibility. Maybe you could continue to have the power of setting the game up as in BO2's custom games, with more features such as turning Mule Kick on and off. A map creator could be another fun tool. The list could go on and on, but I'm sure I speak the mind of many when I say that Treyarch should combine all of their epic Zombies installations into one, easy to access game, for next-gen and PC.

FatalHeadshot

Not too sure on how well a stand alone zombies game would do. I'm talking  sales wise since only about 1/3 or less or people who play cod play zombies. Maybe they could do like a 2 disc set multi/campaign on one and a zombies only on the other so it gives them more space instead of cramming everything into one disc.

Nicksta51

I would love the idea of Treyarch making a zombies only game so the focus could be 100% on zombies which should make the quality of the game perfect. Sadly I think there aren't enough people who are such big fans of zombies who would buy a game with only zombies and as mentioned in previous posts... treyarch will need time to work out new idea's.

After the dissapointment of COD Ghosts I think there are a lot of players expecting something big in 2014. Black Ops 3 including zombies would be a perfect solution for 2014, It's great to have an alternative when you are a bit bored of zombies or multiplayer.

Sadly I've heard that there will be MW4 instead of Black ops 3 in November 2014

reluctent

Me to but I really have doubts about them doing so, they really didn't put as much effort into Black ops 2 zombies than in Black ops 1.

There has been some chatter going around about a 2nd season pass which would bring back some fan favorites but I don't know for sure. Ever since I heard about a potential 2nd season pass for Black ops 2 a lot more people are on the game playing zombies, I'm not going to fully believe it until I see it just in case its a con off, I'm happy with the Black ops 2 maps only they really shouldn't have changed the characters, I mean seriously they're not even fun half the time.

reluctent

Also Treyarch were dismissed from making another game due the lack of success Black ops 2 had so there probably won't be a 3rd Black ops for a long time if not at all.