1 2 3 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 4:58 PM by Rexens_View RSS

Improvements or disappointments?

Izjar11

COD

I don't know about many of you here, but every time I see a TU, I cringe to think that the dev's have done something to please those who whine allot. Don't get me wrong, many things they do are great but lately it seems they are steadfast in helping the players who rather complain than those who provide more insightful feedback.

Some negative things (my opinion)

• IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs). What does this actually do? Your supposed to jump now when the IED goes of, duck go prone? This "adjustment" does one thing: Give more fire to the complaints, as they now know that through more whining they will get their way. Its a shame the dev's do this to please a few.
  • Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.More tampering of this gun? Why even add then a weapon that needs so much adjustments?
  • Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle challenge requirements.(another whine adjustment, sorry its true, having to go through the 100 lean kills TEACHES you how to best learn the function)

Some positives:

• PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty. (glad to see this game mode gone!)
  • Various spawn improvements.(this has become a staple to each TU now)
  • Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds. (Now the complaints on DS should be removed - NOT)
  • Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer

One can really only hope that the things they "adjust" to please to those who complain are really deserved.

I have the highest respect for the developers of this game but sometimes it makes no sense why they add certain things in the game to only have them "nerfed". Anyways, good luck gaming.

• 1. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    Bielsalmighty

The thing is, in BO2 I always wondered why so many people, right up until Ghosts came out, persisted in picking Bouncing Betties over Claymores. BBs were generally avoided with ease, and then the user had a gunfight on their hands. yes the Betty gave them some warning, but a Shock Charge would do the exact same thing better. If they wanted a kill, a well placed claymore would all but guarantee a kill on anyone not using FJ.

Now IEDs are like Betties, and I was already sponging them to kingdom come with Blast Shield

• 2. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    shoejoe

Could not disagree with you more. The IED nerf is fantastic. learn the function of lean kills? Screw that. Leaning is for cowardly campers. The best players in the world are aggressive attackers and rarely use that nonsense. IW should be trying to make the game more exciting, not encouraging or aiding campers who exploit everything they can.

• 3. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    maccabi

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

I don't know about many of you here, but every time I see a TU, I cringe to think that the dev's have done something to please those who whine allot. Don't get me wrong, many things they do are great but lately it seems they are steadfast in helping the players who rather complain than those who provide more insightful feedback.

Some negative things (my opinion)

• IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs). What does this actually do? Your supposed to jump now when the IED goes of, duck go prone? This "adjustment" does one thing: Give more fire to the complaints, as they now know that through more whining they will get their way. Its a shame the dev's do this to please a few.
    • Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.More tampering of this gun? Why even add then a weapon that needs so much adjustments?
    • Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle challenge requirements.(another whine adjustment, sorry its true, having to go through the 100 lean kills TEACHES you how to best learn the function)

Some positives:

• PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty. (glad to see this game mode gone!)
    • Various spawn improvements.(this has become a staple to each TU now)
    • Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds. (Now the complaints on DS should be removed - NOT)
    • Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer

One can really only hope that the things they "adjust" to please to those who complain are really deserved.

I have the highest respect for the developers of this game but sometimes it makes no sense why they add certain things in the game to only have them "nerfed". Anyways, good luck gaming.

I like the changes to the ieds, it gives you a chance to do something when you hear the beeps start now, it wont really alter the gameplay or ieds that much

Iw said they made a slight error with the original adjustment of the msbs this just fixes that

the lean kill thing was a major complaint by a lot of the community as it forced you to play by basically camping. i for one am so pleased the lean kills have been dropped and the rescue kills which in hc are nigh on impossible to get

• 4. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    Izjar11

shoejoe wrote:

Could not disagree with you more. The IED nerf is fantastic. learn the function of lean kills? Screw that. Leaning is for cowardly campers. The best players in the world are aggressive attackers and rarely use that nonsense. IW should be trying to make the game more exciting, not encouraging or aiding campers who exploit everything they can.

This debate on camping and what not is the oldest BS excuse, but I respect your opinion thanks for posting.

• 5. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    Izjar11

Im not the least thrilled to the idea, reason: whining and crying equal getting listened to. I disagree with that 100%

• 6. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    IndyOldGuy

maccabi wrote:

the lean kill thing was a major complaint by a lot of the community as it forced you to play by basically camping. i for one am so pleased the lean kills have been dropped and the rescue kills which in hc are nigh on impossible to get

I dunno, I had to suffer thru getting 50 lean kills with the vector to get it gold, now they made it easier, kinda irritates me...a little

• 7. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    TOLAND

I don't concentrate on challenges so I'm coming from a different angle, but the lean function isn't there just to help campers.  It has allowed me to peek around corners quickly while I rush.  I used to have to ADS and sidestep around the corner hoping no one was sighted in on that spot.  With the lean function acting right most of the time, I can still get back if they start firing and then engage or move around to flank.  Big help over past games for a rusher like me.

And if your wondering, the reason I don't worry about the challenges is that I play year-round and tend to complete them all anyway without ever having to grind.  Much more fun that way.

• 8. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    Sannji

Bielsalmighty wrote:

The thing is, in BO2 I always wondered why so many people, right up until Ghosts came out, persisted in picking Bouncing Betties over Claymores. BBs were generally avoided with ease, and then the user had a gunfight on their hands. yes the Betty gave them some warning, but a Shock Charge would do the exact same thing better. If they wanted a kill, a well placed claymore would all but guarantee a kill on anyone not using FJ.

Now IEDs are like Betties, and I was already sponging them to kingdom come with Blast Shield

The biggest reason why anyone would use a betty over a claymore is the ability to throw them. Throw them into a room from outside, thrown them down a stairway so you didn't actually have to run down and place them, making yourself vulnerable to people coming into your area, etc. It was actually really really useful. Maybe it didn't kill as much, but those upsides were enough to make me pick them over clays.

• 9. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
    phxs72

The IED adjustment I think is silly but like anything else, I'll just add it to my rolodex of things to remember in game.  IEDs are now basically bouncing betties that stick to walls but don't bounce.  I would expect them to be rather ineffective from here on out.  So it's a good thing that I didn't use them much and now I probably won't use them at all unless I just want a heads up warning to watch my backside.

Reduced burst fire cool down of the MSBS?  I don't even know what that means.  Have they shortened the refire delay?  If so that sounds like a buff rather than a nerf but again, I don't know what that means.  I personally didn't find the MSBS to be all that exciting at launch.  It was so underwhelming in fact that I only have it unlocked on my first squad member which I did just to see what the hype was about and I'm on my 9th member now.

As far as cutting back on the lean, etc kills needed for reticle challenges goes, I can't say that I'm upset to not have to lean so much but it is a bit silly to make those challenges easier in my opinion.  I suppose that it is what it is but like you said all of these adjustments are basically just there to appease the whining few.

Oh and the DS/Amplify thing I'm fine with.  I didn't have a problem with them as they were and I don't particularly care that they've changed them.  Maybe it will cut down on some of the whining but I doubt it.

1 2 3 Previous Next