16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 11:09 PM by dtuchpunk RSS

How many would like a increase...

ChestSplittah

In Xp given in Squads. As of now it is 2010 I believe, which is odd that is when this IW was constructed. Anyway, I particularly do not care for the regular MP side. I like Cranked, but there are only actually 3 maps I like. Strikezone, Tremor, Warhawk. All other modes, I don't particularly care because of people and their tactics.

Since no stats are accumulated. Why can't we have full Xp? I shouldn't be "forced" to play in uninhabitable battlefields just to raise my Prestige level. Only stats.

Anyone who would like this option. feel free to discuss this and pass this along if you feel the need. I just want to play the game, and not be frustrated by how someone else wants to play the game.

• Re: How many would like a increase...
    Highwayman0226

I had this thought awhile back.  Squads is a nice alternative to getting angry half the night.  Not sure why you can't get full xp and unlock stuff there.  I guess if you could, no one would play multiplayer.

ChestSplittah

That is a problem they have to accept. Also, a slippery slope they won't want to go down. If they admit to your assumption. Then, they admit that they are banking on normal MP. See, they can't pull the Survival mode card, or Zombies card. The Squad Modes are actually MP, just without the other side being being poorly matched with you. I still have to host, which I have many of times. How do I know? Because I quit after earning Max XP and watch host migrations a lot.

See, there is no ranking..leaderboards for...lets say.. Wargame. I still should be able to enjoy leveling up, completing challenges as you stated. Now way to boost. So I cannot understand a logical reason not to.

Highwayman0226

I agree.  You are playing against AI.  Sometimes they are nooby, sometimes they wipe the floor with you.  I'd love to complete challenges in squads, rather than run around in MP with a Panderschnitzel trying to get double kills.  MP I feel like I have to try hard every match, and I neglect running a lot of perks I have operations for in favor of staying alive (incog and blast shield, 5 pts gone).  Squads is more relaxing and laid back.  It would probably be a big blow to MP if they let you have all these things in squads.

ChestSplittah

Relaxing and laid back... Them sons-0-squatters have wallhack, aimbot, etc. I just enjoy being able to play games modes that are new and enjoyable by actually having to be concerned about the objective being played. I've played many matches where the AI have called in streaks that I've had people in the "trenches" not even call in. The state of regular MP has become so stale and boring to me at times that I look at the PS4/3...naahhhh!

trialstardragon

It is capped to prevent boosters from gaining levels to easy as would be done. squads is meant as a side addition to mp not to replace in completely. squads is like combat training from 3arc games. a nice addition but not meant as a replacement for regular mp.

nicedrewishfela

While I love Squads, and see where you are coming from, I think MP rewards should stay in MP. They should be earned and mean something.

Perhaps they should make a set of operations and challenges specifically for Squads? Then they can be earned and mean something as well.

ChestSplittah

While I respect your view... It is pretty much a moot view. You unlock Squad point for goodness sake. Which in turn, enables you to unlock Perks before you even get to the corresponding rank that unlocks it. Theregular MP side is pretty useless  in terms of earning anything other that a useless FPS dress up out fit.

nicedrewishfela

It needs to stay where it is. It is awesome they gave us a practice mode that allows us to level up and earn XP, but MP rewards should predominantly stay in MP. You can choose to stay in Squads and level up... that is fine. But it should be slower. You are playing against AI, so the reward should be lower.

ChestSplittah

Well, a increase per level *Regular *Hardened etc. The regular MP no longer means anything. You don't have to move through challenges and ranks to earn perks, kill streaks, etc. So leveling up actually means nothing, other than you showed you played for Xp. i can see not earning camos, titles for killstreaks, etc. As you stated, we go against AI. Though I would rather play against AI at whatever strength, during objective modes vs. playing against people that have far less intelligence than a scripted character model.

nicedrewishfela

I am glad you think so little of us... but my win percentage in MP is around 65%, my Win Percentage in Squads is something like 99%.

The XP cap should remain where it is.

ChestSplittah

You can loop yourself into the category all you want.. Which is usually a omission of guilt.... since I never said you.

The days of actually having to move through levels to "earn" the advantage over others is over. How many times have you bought advantage giving perks through your progression for no other reason than you have the squad points to spare? In my 1st prestige I bought perks such as OTG, DE before I even hit the level that unlocked. The fact that they give you the quickie approach, negates the view that this earned in regular MP..

makes you more of a CoD player than a guy that earned this...

playing both sides.

iHattoriHanzo0

I agree ^^^^with this guy^^^^. You want the rank, you gotta get in the trenches with "those people and tactics".

FalconR6

Just to be pedantic: Squads points are capped at 2000. But, whatever the last action you make, to reach 2000, counts in full.

If your on 1978,,, you make a 100 point standard kill,,, end with 2078. No more points, but a care package to congratulate you.

dtuchpunk

The score should be higher. I can get to 2000 in some games within half of the time a game.

(I try playing 1 vs 1)

50% of the games my opponent stops in the first minutes. 30% will get 2000 xp before the game is half way.

So i want more xp to be earn.