46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 5:35 AM by Izjar11 RSS

The Return of Dome!

BBBrian2013

So guys dome has been unofficially confirmed due to Microsofts  mistake releasing the names of DLC 2 maps during the release of DLC 1 on XBL

Dome was on this list

Do you guys believe this was a bad decision?

I'm kind of happy it is being released as it will be the smallest map to date

You could argue that one of the launch maps was very similar to dome and that'd be true but it was alot more cluttered than dome

• Re: The Return of Dome!
    RunAndGun1

Strikezone is as close to a remake of Dome you're gonna get. It has an identical layout. The only difference being that what was outdoors in Dome is now indoors in Strikezone. There are a dozen videos on YouTube showing the glaring similarities between Dome and Strikezone.

If, in fact, IW decides to go ahead with a Dome "remake" then they're going to look real stupid and they're going to lose a lot of respect. Just because they didn't own up to Strikezone's obvious similarities with Dome doesn't mean it wasn't intentional.

Spoil-t

Every time I play Strikezone I see no similarities to Dome at all. In fact I rather have Dome directly from MW3 instead of Strikezone because Strikezone is a horrid map.

BBBrian2013

So either they're stupid for releasing 2 of the same map

Or Stupid for having 2 different maps named dome in 2 different games

ghamorra

I do. It's hidden well, but still a lot of similarities and pretty obvious too if you rotate the images. Everything from warehouse locations in the bar. location of stairs (the most obvious similarity) and the position of crates.

Dome Strike Zone comparison

phxs72

I never really thought that they were the same map because they don't feel the same to me but having both maps side by side it does appear that Strikezone's bones used Dome as a template.  There certainly are differences between the two maps but the general layout is quite similar.  I think what will be interesting when Dome returns is how it plays this time around.  The spawn trapping will still be there but the oh so present portable radars will not.  I think that it will still play rather similar but as I recall a lot of teams relied heavily on portable radars to control that map.

Izjar11

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Strikezone is as close to a remake of Dome you're gonna get. It has an identical layout. The only difference being that what was outdoors in Dome is now indoors in Strikezone. There are a dozen videos on YouTube showing the glaring similarities between Dome and Strikezone.

If, in fact, IW decides to go ahead with a Dome "remake" then they're going to look real stupid and they're going to lose a lot of respect. Just because they didn't own up to Strikezone's obvious similarities with Dome doesn't mean it wasn't intentional.

Ive never understood this comparison between dome and strikezone, both maps feel nothing alike and play nothing alike.

But, no the OP's question: Adding DOME is simply being lazy programming, this game deserves NEW maps NEW experiences.

rlbl

It is not a point of comparison or playability.

It is a point that Strikezone is a rebuilt map of Dome (which is totally obvious).

maccabi

rlbl wrote:

It is a point that Strikezone is a rebuilt map of Dome (which is totally obvious).

I honestly dont see the comparison , but that aside if it is.. that means they wouldnt add dome as a map meaning this entire post is pointless

Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

I see the similarities when they place them on top of each other, just never felt the same. But I understand and see what you and others say.

Firesens

It will probably be a totally different map, just the only similarity is its name.

ghamorra

Dome was easily spawn trapped in DOM. If they're releasing a copy and paste version it'll be even worse. I don't like paying for the same maps to begin with, especially for a map as bad as Dome.

BBBrian2013

I can't tell if you're doubting the re-release of dome

Please clarify

Do you also believe it is coming due to this leak?

Izjar11

BBBrian2013 wrote:

I can't tell if you're doubting the re-release of dome

Please clarify

Do you also believe it is coming due to this leak?

The answer is there:

Dome was easily spawn trapped in DOM. If they're releasing a copy and paste version it'll be even worse. I don't like paying for the same maps to begin with, especially for a map as bad as Dome.

NoLifeKing32

Can only imagine how bad it will play on DOM and Blitz. We don't need any MW3 maps to return, zero.

AGROtheWOMBAT

Please say it isn't so Brian! I loathed playing Dome in MW3, even more than I loath Strikezone and Flooded in Ghosts. Where did you read about it? You got a link for us to check out?

BBBrian2013

BBBrian2013

I know this isn't an exact link to the information

But Ali-A is fairly reliable in terms of CoD News

AGROtheWOMBAT

But the thing to remember is that if they remake/reskin a map they wouldn't call it the same. Unless it's a carbon copy of the MW3 map, which I hope it isn't, I don't think it is going to be the same map.

maccabi

BBBrian2013 wrote:

I know this isn't an exact link to the information

But Ali-A is fairly reliable in terms of CoD News

with the utmost of respect to Ali (and by default other youtubers)

Ali is not a great source of news , he does exactly what other youtubers do, makes videos of stuff already out there,

Someone will send a screenshot to charlieintel (as with this dlc2 thing) a buncha of youtubers make videos about it.

Heck Ali made a video yesterday about the easter eggs and cited a post on here as the source as well as sooperpooks video that showed the same thing.

Ali (and other youtubers) are great at making gaming videos and collating rumors into handy 3-5 min video chunks

any "official" news you get from a youtuber comes directly from atvi pr and all youtubers and media outlets are on strict ndas as and when they can disclose stuff, end result you get a ton of videos, articles about the same thing. when one of them makes a video like this in regards to the dlc2 its speculation that needs to be properly disclaimers as such so stupid people dont continue the myth its on youtube it must be true

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I'm excited to see Dome in its original layout return. It's a fast paced map and Ghosts needs more of those small cqc map. I would also like to see Hard Hat return.

Shadowelite555

I never really liked Dome from MW3. I also dont really like Strikezone from Ghost either. They're too similar, so IW shouldnt remake Dome because they already kinda did. I'd feel rip-offed if IW remade Dome because its just a same map with different cosmetics. Why would we need two similarly designed maps in one game?

AGROtheWOMBAT

As I said to myself after watching ali-a's video, I don't think it is gonna be a remake/reskin of Dome as they usually don't name the reskins the same as the original

BBBrian2013

When it's re-skinned they change the name

I think it will be exactly the same

Like they did with terminal they brought it from MW2 to MW3 now doing the same thing

MW3 to Ghosts

AGROtheWOMBAT

I would say that IF they are going to release Dome again it will be exactly the same. But I am still hoping that they wont as it's not one of my favourite maps, I would rather a whole pack of brand new maps rather than 2 or 3 with the remainder being reskinned or maps based on old maps. It almost seems that they are trying to copy treyarch and what they did with BO2. But who knows, Dome in Ghosts might be better than Dome in MW3 with the different game mechanics. There will still be the campers on top of the dome and inside it too like there was in MW3. We will have to wait and see.

darkbagpuss

Agreed, I expect this will be a direct port of Dome from MW3 if it is true, (and I find it difficult to believe IW would give the same name to a completely different map).  Strange, though, as Strikezone is completely a remake of Dome itself.  Good (not brilliant!) as it was I also can't see IW having the chops to give us a remake twice.  So it's a puzzler.  Not sure how the error with the map names presented itself but is it possible that Dome will actually be an Extinction map not a MP map?  In any case. it's all speculation for the next couple of months.

maccabi

BBBrian2013 wrote:

So guys dome has been unofficially confirmed due to Microsofts  mistake releasing the names of DLC 2 maps during the release of DLC 1 on XBL

Dome was on this list

Do you guys believe this was a bad decision?

I'm kind of happy it is being released as it will be the smallest map to date

You could argue that one of the launch maps was very similar to dome and that'd be true but it was alot more cluttered than dome

or then again youtubers just all jumped onto something (closely followed by their viewers) to make quick view videos (i was actually disappointed Ali did this . It then gets compounded when people make posts and videos like yours with words like unofficially confirmed

Maps always have working titles, i doubt very much anyone has even finalized the names of the next maps,

Bear in mind these are the same youtubers who for the most part jumped up and down and screamed strikezone was dome reskinned...

darkbagpuss

I agree, it's all hype and speculation triggered by a small mistake.  In any case, we will find out in a couple of months. AND, I can't resist...Although Strikezone is more than the simple 're-skin' that, say, Uplink/Summit was in Blops2, it does fundamentally have Dome's underlying 'bonestructure' in the pathways, elevations, and cover at its core.  I'm aware this is covered in a different thread also...

maccabi

i must be the only person who doesn't see strikezone as dome i think

rlbl

They Do not look the same; They Do not play the same (walls exist where they did not before, and vice versa).  However it is more than obvious that Strikezone is built on top of the DOME map layout (not a simple reskin)

Appreciate it is not WHO made these comparisons that is important, but the information inside.

Note the overlay in this one (obvious)

The walk through in this one is quite clear

AGROtheWOMBAT

You're not the only one macca. When I saw the threads and comments about Dome and Strikezone being the same map, I was like "What version of the game are you lot playing?"

YummyYummYum

I would rather have a remake of Wasteland from MW2.Besides Strikezone is an almost exact replica of Dome, so we do have Dome but with a different skin.So don't really need two Dome maps that are skinned different.

PSNGamerRednight

maybe dome is a new map, which takes place in space

nicedrewishfela

Dome is Strikezone. Strikezone is Dome.....

Just like Finkle is Einhorn... and Einhorn is Finkel.

You just have to figure out where they tucked the jubblies.

dayoldtamales

I really detest Dome. It was never fun.

There are so many other good maps they could bring back instead. Vacant, Rust, Highrise, Skidrow, Sub Base. If they bring back Dome, Hardhat or Mission I'll be disappointed. Those maps were ass.

darkbagpuss

I think we all seem to have made the assumption that, if true, Dome would be the 'Dome' from MW3.  Could it not be a re-imagining of 'Dome' from WaW?

riksterinto

I think it would be really cheap if we got Dome from MW3 in DLC.  We already have Strikezone which has a near identical layout to and plays similar to Dome.   The scrapyard re-skin really didn't change much from the original (I was expecting a Firing Range vs Studio kind of re-skin).   I'd much rather get completely new maps TBH.

Sovereign is also somewhat of a re-hash as it has a very similar layout to Highrise.