32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 1:00 PM by boybad RSS

ORIGINS fast team strategy

boybad

I am starting to hate on this map, most of my regular teamplayers ditched this game for GTA or they simply over this map. So I play with just about anyone who is keen to run for 50, not easy to find.

1.Ice Staff strategy: 2minits to finish round 60, good and fast but not my type, it is too risky and ammo dependent, so you will waste time on preparation or trying to top your ammo.

2.Wind Tunnel Camping strategy: Another team goodie for fast rounds, yet again ammo issues and preparation for next round.

3.Crazy Place with no staffs: I really like this one but other players just don’t see it, there is no preparation and no ammo needs. Get no kills after 40 but finished the round in 5minits with no ammo.

Can anyone suggest any other to try?, no solo strategies please. Thanx!

• Re: ORIGINS fast team strategy
    Tictacn

WWhat is the ice staff strat?

ZombiesFan1

No matter the strategy, it's never fast to get 50. People need to be willing to spend 5hrs+ to get there, and once you start going down more and more, people tend to lose their patience. I made it to 37 today (personal record for me) with 12 downs, i stick to the game even tho it lasted 4hrs, but i coulda left way before that... Not everyone has my patience lol

boybad

It depends, and this is what i call skill for this game, to be able to plan a fast game and react quick to make changes on the way depending on situation, everything else about this game comes to patience and teamwork. I have done a run to 50 in less than 3hrs, but we had it planed out before executing it, also seen people play to 50 in 2hrs not on this map obviously but i bet it is possible to do.

SmittyBoy34

whatd your GT? personal best 4P is 47 with only one down............and 40 revives lol (I couldnt revive everybody and got caught myself)

Chosen_Gods

Ready to play right now? I get to high rounds as well. What is the crazy place tech your saying? Without using ammo, punches?

Tictacn

DDon't grab any crystals and the walls don't fall. Get mule kick and pap the Mauser and the 2 wall guns down there. Saves time by not doing EE but you'll forfeit the staves. No ammo meaning its on the walls inlimited. No panzers and if you want, build the shield in wind, easy to grab. Around mid 40s you shoot Zs to wound then porthole out and they die.

I Still want to hear this ice staff strat. If it involves camping in jug with it or just running with it, just as lame.

boybad

A faster start for crazy place without using ammo is recycle the drone, the drone will finish round 40 in 5 minutes you will get no kills but smoke the rounds.

The ice staff strat is on relaxing channel, he just stands by gen2 next to where tank parks and shoots ice staff at his feet nonstop, finished round 60 in 2minutes, what it doesn't show is what happens when you out of ammo and that is where time will become an issue.

steveo_Evil

Quite recently a friend and I did the area near jug. The tank ledge area, it is fairly quick and if you use war machine on insta you can take out almost an entire round of zombies. The zombies will come from behind you,left,right and center.  

bushcoffin

On soloi did the Easter egg. Doing so is like leaving the stones in the crazy place,  the rocks don't drop. Leave all the staves in the crazy place. If one goes empty place it in its place before picking up another. Had no issues with ammo and used the ice staff. Got to 50 3hr 40mins. Easy two man strategy as well, got to 68 with two no idea how long but it was 20k kills if that's anything to go on. Used Ice and fire staff only had to dig for a max ammo once. Still had two max ammos in the chest. Hit me up sometime for two man high rounds if you want xbox: bushcoffin

ZombiesFan1

It does make the walls stop dropping, but this post was about a fast way to get high rounds. Doing the EE is time consuming...

50 on a 2 man-team ok... 50 on 4 players in 3 h40 = impossible with the EE done, i've made it to 38 in a little more than 3 hours

boybad

Some of you mentioned this strategy in the past, thank you...

I have managed to do semtex strategy with 2-4 players getting to round 40 in about 2-3hrs, after 40 you will start to have issues with ammo so drone strategy still remains best for 50+, as you dont need to rely on ammo but will require a bit of skill and a lot of teamwork.

SEMTEX Camping Strategy

1. Run through to round 10 unlocking the whole map, semtex door must remain closed (1/2hr)

2. Upgrade all staffs round 11-13 (1hr)

3. Camp at semtex, round 40 (2hrs)

Never hit the box to avoid firesale and try to get max in every round (dont grab nukes until you see MAX), dont worry about guns, perks, or any other little things, all you need is staffs, shoot one at a time, ice and fire are best for this strategy. When panzers show up just have a player with firestaff block the way and others shoot boomhilda at the robots to get rid of them quick.

gmpark99

that's a cool strategy, would like to try it.  if you leave that same door closed (gen 3 to semtex) and stand on the bridge the zombies never come behind you and the rounds go by fast too.  the ak47 is there but it's useless after round 30.  it's easy with the staffs.  the crazy place is fun if you do the easter egg (exceptt he cut scene) because everyone has staffs and the walls remain still.

If you want a fast strat without staffs get the ray gun before you go to the crazy place. if your not there it doesn't mke sense to not get the staffs, they help with everything.  too bad no one plays this map anymore. had fun getting elemental gloves.

boybad

There is a few places you can apply similar strategy on this map, the catch to this spot is semtex, when you get insta kill throw unlimited semtex to save ammo, this strategy is revolved around ammo. Not too sure what you on about with ray guns, they are almost useless after 50.

boybad

Gen 2 Camping Strategy.

Lock yourself between Gen1&2, another words get set up, staffs, guns, perks, etc, dont open gen 1 door to gen 2 and also the door at gen 2 to gen 1 (2doors), when you set up and ready to roll should be before 20 or 1hr later jump down the tank path at jug and stay between these 2 doors, it is a easy and fast 50+, you can also keep workshop door to gen 2 shut (3doors closed) and take a tank ride back but i dont see any benefit to this.

SEMTEX

Keep 2 doors closed and exit from fire tunnel, lock yourself in for faster rounds.

solidus_kalt

hi boybad! i prefer to camp at the dead end by generator 2 where the zombie shield part can spawn. if you let both doors next to gen2 closed then no zombies spawn behind you. you can reach/leave the area via tank route. the zombies spawn in fast, round 71 took 3 minutes 51 seconds. i was able to camp there til round 74, then before i ran out of ammo i switched to let me call it Matomasters camping strategy behind gen2.

its a safe and easy spot. i prefer it over the spot between doors of gen1 and 2 or over the semtex spot. you have more place and the panzer spawns in a distance, easy to spam with boomhilda while the ice staff does kill the zombies.

just my opinion. matos strategy is faster yes.

boybad

camp at the dead end by generator 2 where the zombie shield part can spawn

Are you talking about the dead end by the workshop door, to the right? where the wheelbarrow is?

I will have to check this out if they dont spawn behind you like you describe.

Thanx.

solidus_kalt

yes i mean the dead end where the wheelbarrow is. if both doors next to generator 2 are closed they never spawn in the tank route and never jump down behind you. the panzer lands next to the door of the workshop. so its easy to take out the boomhilda or raygun or whatever to kill him. and you can always leave the area if you go through the tank station and go right and jump down after the closed door. you can come back by taking the tank route. so its enclosed but always accessable.

i know you are on xbox, i am on psn. i have a vid on my channel. camp rd63 there.

blablatj

I like your idea.

When you say it is on your channel do it mean PSN channel? If I'm on xbox am I able to see it through codz TV or some other way? 

If any one out there wants to give this a try hit me up on XBL blablatj.

solidus_kalt

hi blablatj! yes sorry i was unclear. i mean my player channel on psn. i dont have a yt channel. i dont know if xboxlive and psn share vids on this cod tv, but i dont think so.

blablatj

That's cool just wouldn't mind seeing it. I was just in a game with a few mates and we were trying to do the EE then try out your strategy but usual thing one person went down and then the rest of us went down trying to revive each other.

Going to give give it a go later hopefully. Thanks for sharing it.

boybad

if both doors next to generator 2 are closed they never spawn in the tank route and never jump down behind you

But they do...

Attempted this and fail, unless im missing something...

solidus_kalt

hi boybad. they defenitly dont spawn behind you, they dont jump down behind you. i have camped there solo and 2 and 3 player games. the doors next to generator 2 must be closed. so you only can enter the workshop through the door next to generator 3. you can only return to generator 1 and the rest of the map by going through the tank station and the tank route.

sadly i cant proof it by uploading a vid but i have a vid in my player channel.

if you camp there in a multiplayer game and the other player is in the area between the excavation site and generator 5 then possibly zombies spawn in the tank route.

if the 2nd player leaves the camping spot (with zombie blood fe to check spots)  and runs through the tank station it can also cause zombies spawning in the tank route.

boybad

http://cdn.gamerfuzion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/black-ops-2-origins-zombies-mystery-box.jpg

This spot right?...

Yeah i will have to look at your vid, we had a full team (4player) and it was around early 20's when we started here with 3doors closed, all the doors from gen1 to workshop gen2, but unfortunately some spawned from above us.

We jumped here before ending the round, none of us separated around the map, i think we all understand camping concept.

solidus_kalt

yes this is the spot. we camped there 3 players from 17-51 and no zombie came from behind ever. same in other games i had there. solo i have camped there surely 10 times and never got attacked from behind. no idea what to say boybad, please check my vid, i am not here to tell you bs about a not working camping spot.

PS: today after work i will try to gather a 4 player game and check it out. i totally believe you. after it worked for me in 1,2,3 player games i wanna see if the 4. player changes the spawning. other then that i have no explanaition.

boybad

I will do a solo run to check this out. What is your tag so i can have a look at your vid.?

solidus_kalt?

The challenge doing this solo is riding the tank to get air strikes.

solidus_kalt

:-/ i have no gt, my psn id is solidus_kalt. yes its not easy to do with the tank, i mostly fail in the one jump of the tank to the entry of the tank station. so i go for monkeys. i check if the box is at gen3, if its at gen2 i restart. if its at gen3 i stay there til i get them. if the box moves before i get them i restart the game. its a waste of 5 minutes, but i never needed more then 3 tries to get the monkeys. yesterday evening i wasnt able to gather 4 ppl and make what i said. i hope i can do it soon and tell you. i made a yt channel yesterday, i tried to upload my edited clip. i connected with my yt channel and i rendered it but nothing .. some how it didnt work. i am a complete noob in such things lol have fun with your solo run :-) i did it multiple times and love the spot cause its safe and fast. i wish i had a gt on xboxlive so i could simply proof you i am not telling bs. possibly someone else on this forum could add me and check the vid?

solidus_kalt

hi boybad! i made a vid of my vid and was able to upload it with my smartphone. sry i its all new for an old man like me.

i beg your pardon for the shitty quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfyhY57Xb24&feature=youtube_gdata_player

boybad

Thank you for this, i play on PSN and will add you sometime.

i check if the box is at gen3, if its at gen2 i restart

LOL i never hit the box on this map, i get air strikes to do EE or to escape from camp spot when ammo is dry.

blablatj

Wow great effort just to share with us all. Thanks heaps old fella. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks, or in this case teach yourself new tricks. Thanks heaps solidus_kalt.

boybad

Yup pulled this off the other day in a solo game, good strategy no doubt! LOVED IT! and thank you again for sharing it.

This spot was much faster in a solo game then the others above, it was round 70+ before i needed ammo to start next round.

It is hard to get set up for this, robots foot and air strike but definitely worth the effort.

I will have to test this again with 4players some time.