43 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 10:43 AM by sVg_SaVaGeZ RSS

This new patch is amazing!

Death__Knight

-First of all the new music is definitely better than the other.

-The new Rescue, Lean, and Point Blank kill drops is the beat idea IW ever thought of.

-The new XP amount for completing an operation is finally how it should be.

-The improved spawns are so far definitely better.

These are some of the best ones I've mentioned, but there are plenty others.

• Re: This new patch is amazing!
    USMC-NUT-KRACKER

Cool, can't wait to try it out and see for my self.

cec1

1st of all i only regested on this so i could reply to this stupid update,

i think this has to be the most stupid update iv ever seen , i have been doing all gold guns now since the game came out ( i have all gold assault rifles , submachine guns , shot guns and half light machine guns and some marksman ), i have shed blood sweat and tears doing all the lean kills , point blank kills , rescue kill etc .

so in there[REMOVED BY MODERATOR] wisdom they have halft the challanges [REMOVED BY MODERATOR],    oh and they have upped the xp now on opperations , WHY ?,

i have reached prestige 10 in 10 days

i am really not happy ,

TheBeastlyDude

IW can't please everybody.

Death__Knight

I can't believe I had to login to respond to this guy.

Your acting as if the new operation XP amount is 100,000 XP per operation, even with that amount it will take you a while. They only bumped them up 2-3x more because they were very low to begin with. I mean what 2,000-3,000 XP for getting +500 kills with a weapon, come on that's ridiculous. Every CoD since MW2 you always got 10,000 XP for like 300 kills and so on till it eventually stopped. In MW2, you got 10,000 for completing the pro for a perk, not to mention everything else to that point.

It sucks that you already unlocked most of the camos with the previous amount of kills but what are you going to do? IW is trying to please the majority of the crowd, and less kills is what people like and wanted. Even for me as a hardcore Call of Duty fan I would have to say those amounts were high and hard to get. Especially those Rescue kills.

cec1

It sucks that you already unlocked most of the camos with the previous amount of kills but what are you going to do?, theres nothing i can do , i just think it sucks big time , they give into kids crying its hard to get gold when there are much better issues to sort , ie spawns ( still bad )  , hackers in clan wars and in normal games , the bull that 1 game it plays as it should then the next you cant buy a kill IW is trying to please the majority of the crowd, and less kills is what people like and wanted. Even for me as a hardcore Call of Duty fan I would have to say those amounts were high and hard to get. Especially those Rescue kills.

why make the game easyer to get gold guns , bos2 was way harder . the rescue and point blank kills where / are the worst to do only because half the time they dont register.

i have read lots of things on these forums about ghost and not once have i read about its way to many things to do to get gold guns . iv read its a pain in the arse , which it is .

seen as im having a rant ...... why is it all of a sudden its cool to be a camper ,

on the other cod games every body slagged campers off on the forums , now along comes ghost and camping is fine , but you do need a thermal scope with ya in a corner .

DaAssassinator

I think its unfair that killstreaks don't carry over to the next round in Search and Destroy and some over game modes, even support streaks don't carry over, Makes it pointless to use any killstreaks at all, then nothing was done to limit the damage of C4 or limit the radius of ping with Riot Shields, I'm sure that i am not the only one that's sick of getting C4 by a Riot Shield camper, understandable that nothing can be done if a player is camping but the Riot Shield with Ping that shows location on the mini map then they can throw C4 almost across map for an easy kill is way to cheap and annoying also I've tried blastshield it doesn't work.

Hopefully in the next update something will be done about the whole Riot Shield thing and Killstreaks are back to the way they should be. 

heighton86

you play way too much.....

Hallwax

yea the new update is nice keep it up infinity.

OPTIMAL

I'm glad to see them putting a lot of effort into fixing the issues and listening to the community. Activision desperately needs to start giving them more development time though.

jwh1991

so far the new patch is ok.... except the resetting killstreaks on S&D/S&R. I run support and still it resets them. That has to be the worst thought they had with this patch.

theroc23

Three hours of gameplay for everyday since the release date seems a bit excessive, but in reality I've seen a lot of players with way more playtime. We ran into a 25+ year old shittalker the other night that had an average of 9+ hours of gameplay per every single day since release date. Think about that for a second. That's tantamount to having a full time job of playing 40 hours a week plus 23 hours of overtime. I felt bad for the guy in general, but we all had a pretty good laugh when he screamed at his mom to go get him a "******* coke"...which she obviously did.  

richietoon

this is going to save the game imo, ill probably lose my 2KD in league play but who cares. nothing beats league play

onlineace

whatever they did with this new patch has nerfed sniper weapons.. complete bs.  It now takes 2 shots for a kill!!

MidnightSpecial4

I really like how you can now customize your soldier in Extinction, and overall it seems good.

the_bestest

Sorry i disagree with the "spawn fix". Still is awful if not worse. Certain game modes like dom are designed for spawn trapping at a certain flag. But kill confirmed and team death match still need A LOT of work.

In addition, I also think the nerf to the AK was unnecessary (but what can you do).

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

Wish it came out before I got all AR's gold :/. Would have been far less work lol

friesftw000

The spawns are far from fixed. I was context with this game until this patch. They absolutely demolished the spawning in this game, it's just horrid.

brentcers37

The spawns are definitely worse, but what I hate most is that Amplify is basically useless because so many people have Dead Silence equipped... I've played three games today and have not gone positive once thanks to how OP Dead Silence has now become.

Dead Silence is the new Assassin Pro.

I have a 2.64 KD and I know the spawns well but the patch has ruined everything now. I feel like I have to learn everything again.

sutakas

Amplify was owerpowered and now it works like it should have from the beginning. If you have kd 2,64 and can't handle dead silence players I can only assume which gamestyle you use:)

About spawns:

I played very little yesterday so my comments:

Stoneheaven - still same revenge kill spawns

Whiteout - seems like improved spawns

Warhawk - improved spawns

Brison Break - very random spawns, often next to enemies

Freight - also very random spawns, often next to enemies

Overlord - improved spawns

brentcers37

There was nothing wrong with Amplify, especially when the music came on towards the end of a game and assault streaks are everywhere. It's more difficult to hear people if a Battle Hind is going off, or a Help Pilot for that matter.

Dead Silence doesn't have that problem and by making things so much quieter, it has a major edge.

sutakas

Using amplify is your own free choice. Most good players manage to do well without amplify, so i don't see the problem. Enemy doesn't hear me and i don't hear his/her footsteps, so sounds like a fair deal.

Anyways, this game is for fun, not sitting on the corner soundwhoring. Use your eyes and ears to succeed:)

MrPlow-C

Soundwhoring?

Is that the new buzzword?

I agree with brentcers37  - the nerf on amplify (or buff on dead silence - however you wanna see it) was pretty unnecessary.

Without amplify, you can still hear the enemies footsteps and amplify was meant to be a counter to dead silence.

WTF is dead silence anyways?  What are they running around with cotton pillows on their boots?

But really...that's your justification for dead silence?  That amplify players need to use their eyes and ears?  LOL!?

Ok, using your logic - dead silence (silence whores? pillow feet whores?) need to be able play their rush game without being caught...use cover, have better aim, and react quicker

sutakas

Using decent heatsets it's is still rather easy to notice dead silence. Btw, most amplify users are using dead silence and amplify together. This combo makes you silent and you also hear everybody's footsteps. These players are now just frustrated because they have to check their backs more often than before.

I've got good aim and fast reactions so I don't have any problem (K/D 2.4, W/L ~ 3.0, 60%solo and 40% 2-3 player parties).

brentcers37

I didn't know it was possible to get an average score of 2200ish and a 3.61 KD by sitting in a corner listening to footsteps... This game relies on reactions and sound. If you're playing off the radar and what's in your scope then clearly you aren't a smart player.

Ungrateful_Dead

First of all, I used Amplify on many of my classes and freely admit it was almost like cheating.  I never used Off The Grid, because as soon as they got a Sat Com up and started running in my direction, I heard them before I could see them.  You could literally ping-pong back and forth in an area (not a room!) and pick off the guys running towards you.  Dead Silence guys could get a little closer, but they were still fairly easy to hear.  The sound whoring with decent head sets was definitely OP.

So now things have swung the other way and Dead Silence is king.  That means the tactic mentioned above is a lot harder to pull off since you know have to have your head on a swivel.  You have to use your eyes more and Off The Grid is now more of a consideration in the load-out, since using yourself as bait when you have no ears is a lower percentage strategy now.  Amplify is of little value now in much beyond the Search game modes.  Before, if I had to choose between DS & Amplify, I would take Amplify 90% of the time.  Now it is clear DS wins the day.  This is the evolution of the game every cycle.

As for upping the Operations value and reducing the lean/whatever kills for camo, this is fine with me.  I earned all the gold guns in the last couple of games and I swore in this one I wouldn't even try to get one.  When I saw the lean kills requirement, I laughed and said it was never going to happen.  I don't have the patience to CAMP for as long as it takes to get a thousand kills peeking around a corner.  I have several guns with everything unlocked except for lean kills; those are all less than 5 each.

Finally, I love the eSports rules they put into Clan vs Clan.  If you hate IEDs, noob tubes, danger close, tracker sights etc., you should try it out.

kurt24

It is amazing that the 1 thing that gets the most complaints was not fixed.  The spawns were not addressed whatsoever.

FTWMOFO

Spawns are still bad .  Although mostly in my favour lately. Apart from stone watsit map where I keep getting killed in my first steps from some **** camping up the back. Why can't some make it spawn randomly somewhere safe.  It beyond funny how it can't be fixed. I ain't buying map pack for first time out of series.

Alky6

Death__Knight wrote:

-First of all the new music is definitely better than the other.

I don't care what music they play, I wished they'd put an on or off option for it so I'm not subjected to that crap.