16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 4:19 PM by SinCaraxx RSS

WHERE IS THE PATCH?!?!?!?!!!!!

WiiCookie

Time after time after time developers at treyarch/activision do the EXACT same thing EACH YEAR. Make CoD for Nintendo and that's it. Not ONCE has the Nintendo platform been fully supported by call of duty. Each year wii may get 2-3 patches. WHY?!? Why would you make a game and not support it? And don't get me started about DLC. Most people stop caring because both companies always give us the same answer each year, "There is no information at this time" Bullcrap. I honestly DO NOT want Call of Duty for Nintendo any more. The support is terrible and the developers stop dilivering after day one of the release date. There has been two Ghosts patches that have come out so far. How many of them have reached the Nintendo platform??? ZERO! There was double xp last weekend. NINTENDO didn't get it. Call of Duty SUCKS on the Wii U because of the company that runs it. If I got to the Xbox One, i will be catered to. Play on Nintendo, and you get treated like a 8-year old down syndrome foreigner thats brain dead and has no thumbs. Where is the support Activision? Let me guess..There is no information, I thought so.

• Re: WHERE IS THE PATCH?!?!?!?!!!!!
    expresso83

I agree with you 100% about the lack of support on the Wii U - something I know everyone here can agree on. It also stinks when really the only voice we have in the community A_Trey_U is nowhere to be found.

I tweeted OneOfSwords (Activision Community Manager) and he said yesterday that the question about the delivery of the Wii U patch is being escalated through e-mails - not really sure if I believe that. It's like "Escalated? Don't you already know about the fact that the Wii U wasn't on the patch list?"

However, I feel Ghosts on the Wii U is better than it on the Xbox One. I love playing with the Pro controller and, even without a patch, I feel it delivers a more solid playing experience. Grant it, I guess I am one of the lucky ones who have only experienced lag in maybe 3 matches? In a perfect world, I would love to get all the DLC for Wii U, and continue to play in a community of 1,500-2000 online than the 50k+ on the Xbox One. But, perfect world = not this world

I still have hope though for the patch.. it might just be one of those "going through the channels" things. Fingers crossed!

the1andonlyIKY

expresso83 wrote:

However, I feel Ghosts on the Wii U is better than it on the Xbox One. I love playing with the Pro controller and, even without a patch, I feel it delivers a more solid playing experience.

Me too

Off-TV play, which for me means I can chill in my bed at my dorm and game to my hearts content in pretty much any position or place that's comfortable.

Dual-Screen Co-op. Way better than split-screen. Not perfect, but way better.

Something that not everybody is going to care about or think is better, but also Wii Remote/Motion Aiming.

Those are all exclusive to our version. Otherwise, the base game (which is what should matter) is the same.

Funnyman8991

Also what you forgot to say is the wii u is the one of the 2 last system and the only current gen system that has free online(not including pc)

like2nap03

WiiCookie wrote:

There has been two Ghosts patches that have come out so far. How many of them have reached the Nintendo platform??? ZERO!

Nothing in this statement is accurate.  I understand the frustration.  Not the rage.  But this statement is false.

BlackMetroid95

I made a post along the same lines. Its getting really annoying. Why do they even bother making CoD for Wii U if they aren't going to support it? Why do they even get disappointed from low sales if its their own fault its this way? Lets face it- Nintendo ports are merely cash grabs. They release the game, patch it 1-3 times, then call it a day and then they carry on honeymooning with Sony and Microsoft until the next game. This went on since BO1. I lost all faith in Treyarch/Infinity Ward, but mostly IW. I understand that it may be a business decision, but I cannot fathom why they cannot say so. I don't get why they must lie- dodge questions all the time. It is not right that- or, what I previously thought was- a reputable business such as Activision is so neglecting to one playerbase then everyone else. I still like Ghosts, however barely. That patch the X1/X360/PS3/PS4/PC got might bring me back, but since we probably wont see it theres probably little chance i'll return. Heck, I might just get Treyarch's CoD games on my X360 from now on. At least I can be positive that ill get prompt patching...

gerardmartinp23

A Wii U Developer for Treyarch confirmed on Twitter that they are working on a new patch...

Source: A_Trey_U Twitter

Also working on a new patch. No ETA yet, but I'll update once we know.

Twitter / A_Trey_U: Also working on a new patch. ...

PenguinAvenger

Call me cynical, but this and the x2 XP weekend thing seems to me as a way to make people content for a while, but I feel its going to be like the last update announced for BO2 that never happened.  Hope Im wrong, but I dont trust anything they say/type anymore.

Kit_n_Kaboodle

I am with you on that , I'll believe it when i see it .

Also , why was there no forum announcement about an up & coming patch ?

Seems like the twitter feed that announced the patch could have a get out clause attached to it .....We will have to wait an see .

Either way , it's a very odd way of keeping the community informed over the progress of such things .

BobbyMcGee

the "community" ruined our chance for dev interaction this title constantly whinning for da and aa to be removed, dlc questions non-stop, and other impossible wants and ridiculous rants. im not one bit surprised trey doesnt post here.

the patch is coming. the only game breaker is freight glitches. once thats patched i could care less  about the needless buffs/nerfs the xbox squeakers cry for.

King_Nero-Senior

I am with you, just fix freight and the optics for the wii mote and I am set.  Also i would like to use different weapons on infected!

Kit_n_Kaboodle

I totally agree with you about the nerfs/buffs , Instead of the freight glitch fixed i would rather have spawns and matchmaking fixed .If i have to pick 1 i'm gonna go for matchmaking

However i have to disagree with the first part of your reply .Regardless of how many people have complained/whined/argued over the same crap endless amounts of times ,It is still down to the designated dev to answer questions and post relevant info including up & coming patch's on the wii U forum .

Let's say that a person who plays wii u cod arrives at the forums looking for some answers to his/her questions regarding ,  let's say the freight glitch .

Now after searching the forum and finding no answers to their questions they either make a thread or message ATU , Either scenario currently doesn't get a response from ATU .All it gets is members expressing their frustrations with the same scenario.The solution to this problem could be solved with a simple reply from ATU explaining that this is on the treyarch radar and there will be a patch /hotfix to solve this & he will post when fix goes live .

Now go over to the xbox forums and see the amount of whining that goes on over there and the devs still post ,still interact with the whining sh!ts who need their every whim catered for .So my point of posting this on twitter seems very strange when there is a dedicated forum for this kind of announcement .

As i said above ,Until i see it & the patch notes on this forum ,I'm not holding my breath for anything .....Remember the Blops patch thread you bumped the other day

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

the "community" ruined our chance for dev interaction this title constantly whinning

I don't think that has much to do with it. I think when a dev says we're getting dedi's and another confirms that there isn't any planned for any present/future title, they told them to stop talking about the game to save future confusion.