16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 5:54 PM by DigJazz RSS

Another glitch with sights...

DigJazz

Is anybody else having this issue?  I've scoured the net and I can't find anybody else complaining of the same bug. 

The issue arises when I use the tracker sight or sometimes with sniper sights.  When I'm in ADS, sometimes the blurry area surrounding the sight will glitch out.  Part of the screen will appear to zoom in with the sight and kind of display what I'm already looking at with the sight, but on another part of the screen, and still blurry. 

When this happens with the tracker sight, the glitched part of the screen appears in the upper left corner of the screen, and when it occurs with sniper sights, the glitched portion takes up the entire left half of the scree.  This obscures my view of what should be my immediate surroundings so I can see if anybody walks in to my periphery.

I have tried this with different gun/attachment/map combinations and I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing it.

I have contacted the company about it and they are looking into it, but I haven't found any other complaints of the issue or any youtube videos that show the same problem.  I'd just like to know I'm not the only one experiencing the bug.  Thanks!

• Re: Another glitch with sights...
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

This is the first I heard of it. 

DigJazz

Here are some images of the problem.  The anomaly is in the left half of the screen.  In the first shot, you can see me with the train tracks in my sight, while the screen glitches and shows me this same thing in the left hand side of the screen, where you can also see the railroad tracks.  This false image obscures what should be my peripheral vision of the train that would be there.

In the second shot, you can see the building on my right hand side, which I can also see through the sight.  To the left, the anomaly produces the same image of the building even thought it is not there, I should just be able to see the rest of the way down the corridor.

As an experiment, I downloaded the digital version of the game to compare with the problem on my disc version of the game.    The issue arises with both versions, leading me to believe that this issue is universal and I'm not the only one experiencing it.  I have also uninstalled/reinstalled to see if that could correct it but it didn't.  But as I said above, I haven't seen anybody report about the issue yet.  Do these images look familiar to anyone else?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

photo-2.JPGphoto.JPG

wraithoverlord

Yup this is normal. Main reason I don't use this sight. I think reasoning behind it is that  you have a big advantage having a tracking sight on it so the rest of the screen blurs. but you can push B while ADS to switch to an Iron sight. (Sorry I use Tactical setup, your set up would be right stick click while ADS)

banned-again

ive had this problem since day 1 and is getting annoying now and needs fixing

wraithoverlord

This is not a glitch and  it is how its meant to be.

DigJazz

Yes, though I'm actually not referring to the blurred screen surrounding the sights while in ADS. If you look carefully at the images above, toward the left side of the screen, you will see that what is being displayed is a copied or cloned image from the another part of the screen. It would be more obvious if there were video but I'm not quite sure how to capture to post in a forum.

Alaskan Spartan

both your pictures look as they should. I started a private match and went to both spots on the mini map and I got the exact same images as you did. It is a game mechanic of this particular sight. When your tracking, it narrows your perception down to a smaller area of the screen.

nowmif your saying both these pics are on right after another. ex: same spot within a few seconds of each other, then yeah you have an issue, but as of now I don't see it.

DigJazz

I appreciate what you're saying, and thanks for trying it on your own system, however I think it's just hard to see what I'm referring to in the pics. I'm aware that your field of view is narrowed and blurred, and that's how it's supposed to be. The glitched part of the screen can be seen as a large box in the upper left third of the screen, behind the mini map. If you look closely, you will see that what I am seeing with my sights has been erroneously duplicated and displayed on a part of the screen it should not be. Sorry but it's really hard to put into words. This is definitely a bug. It does not happen all the time and it can't be predicted where it will happen. It seems random. Thanks for the input, hoping to get this resolved soon.

DigJazz

I finally got a video of this bug happening.  Here's the link, please let me know what you think.  Thanks!

COD Ghosts Tracker Sight Glitch (XBOX One) - YouTube

wraithoverlord

Ahh can see the problem now. its like its zooming in on part of a map in the left corner.

Assassin 47

II've had this happen to me but with sniperscopes