39 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2014 9:33 PM by FatalHeadshot RSS

-MAX AMMO-         drops

boybad

I think we are all aware that if we move the mystery box we will spam firesales amongst the drops reducing chances for max ammo drops, if the strategy is ammo reliant in some cases involving wonder weapons then we would try to conserve ammo in most sufficient way possible.

Is there any way we can manipulate the drops to achieve max ammo drop in every round?

I know in Buried we can just use BigBoy to get max at every round but the WW on this map is well $hit hahaha it doesn’t need ammo, in MOTD we can spend money on the mystery box to spawn the guard and get max in every round too but we have Acid Trap here so it is cheaper and faster just to let this trap loose. I only had a few games where I saw max every second round, never had a game where there was one in every round, what gives?

Origins and tank ride?

How many times can we ride the tank to get the drops? If we take a random drop from one ride let’s say firesale can we ride it again and get more drops in the same round? If we do not pick up any drops from the tank ride in the same round can we keep riding the tank until we get max?

• Re: -MAX AMMO-         drops
    BadMrFrostyM604

I was under the impression of two possibilities with drops . The first being that there are only a certain amount of total drops in the game and saving them for later rounds or they drop a lot in the beginning and taper off as u get to higher rounds which makes a little more sense to me due to the nature of the game progressively getting difficult. I don't play a whole lot of Origins even though  I'm familiar with the map so I can't comment on that. As far as I know buried is the only map which manipulation of the drop is possible. Personally I don't believe that moving the box, in turn getting fire sales , equals grounds to produce more drops. Drops are always random as I have seen in game getting 4 nukes to appear and waiting two more round to get a max  (All under round 30) .

boybad

FireSale and mystery box is indeed a fact, you dont get more drops lol you just cut firesale out of the drop equation, the result is more chances for other drops.

Drops are always random as I have seen in game getting 4 nukes to appear and waiting two more round to get a max  (All under round 30)

This is a good point, can any one explain why do we get 2 or 3 and in some cases 4 of the same drop? but i still have big doubts about random part, i mean it is a coded game and there has to be some sort of formula at play or we would see a drop after every zombie we kill. As far as saving drops, i have posted about this topic a few times but we get derailed every time with mixed opinions, i have noticed that if you dont pick any up in early rounds you will see them drop at the start of the round in higher rounds, like after a first train you kill instead of throughout the round which makes me think there has to be a formula to make them trigger.

BadMrFrostyM604

Im well aware of the fire sales thrown into the drop mix I'm didnt mean to misrepresent that fact. I'm quite sure the drop are as random as a hit from the box. What I have noticed, while playing buried for example, using the PDW conservatively ( all headshots) pretty much most of the time I get a max ammo right after switching to my secondary. Seems almost as though the dev's code the max ammo when u are meticulous with your bullets. This is not a fact or truth I'm trying to push, just a thought. Playing solo I never get nukes because I like taking the extra kills and that's another interesting point because I see a lot more drops but then again... As far as we can tell drop timing and sequence are random.

Chronickells

I know in origins that the tank ride will only give you drop but a random and will only appear after a few rounds as I got to 60 starting to run low did the tank ride got 1 max ammo and maybe a few rounds 3 or 4 till a random drop shows up. I had to dig one because I couldn't get any through tank way.

As for max ammo or random drops it seems to be from pure speculation from me, that I seem to get drops when I kill a horde of zombies in a row and once you get 1 drop they seem to buddy up like you get double points then insta kill not far away usually end of round on earlier rounds. A nuke usually comes out then a max ammo but that's if I'm still getting rid of zombies 5 to 10 at a time because I rarely touch nukes unless necessary.

But that just my observation.

boybad

Well i never paid too much attention to the tank drops, so that is why i am asking...

I can tell you that 3 different drops spawn in all locations if you dont take one, but as far as riding it again to see if max can be manipulated, take another ride without picking any up, i dont know.

Chronickells

If you don't grab the drop and it disappears you have to wait till a few rounds till it spawns another drop because I tried to do what your thinking of. Best definite one for origins is the Templars trying to take the generators. Sometimes it doesn't give you one but I reckon its the most consistent for Origins.

By the way I have tried the semtex strategy for solo that your talking about its pretty good till ammo runs out.

I read on here the Gen 2 strategy where the shield part spawns down that long alley. My thought is let them take every generator except Gen 2 so when the Templar spawns its close to try and get max ammo without having to leave the area.

This will be my next thing to try out see if ammo holds out long enough for the Templars to spawn.

boybad

Best definite one for origins is the Templars trying to take the generators. Sometimes it doesn't give you one but I reckon its the most consistent for Origins.

If you kill them with a staff you will not get one or kill them while they are running (not destroying the gen), in high rounds you cant kill them so best to let them take the generators and when they destroy the last one it will drop. Also when you camping leave 3gens on and wait till you out of ammo (they will not come) then when you out, power one more on and boom next round they come.

Semtex is a good spot but players forget to keep 2doors closed for faster spawns, exit from fire tunnel. I have camped at gen2, gen1 between 2doors closed till high 60's before i had to open one door and 50's with 4, i think this is a faster spot for camping, i have failed to camp at gen2 dead end with 4, yet to test this solo.

Chronickells

I have killed those Templars with a staff while taking a Gen and got a max ammo drop a few times now because I always kill the Templars with the staff. I know about killing them if they aren't taking a Gen you don't get a maxi at all.

Yea I had both doors closed by semtex it was faster spawning but they were spawning a bit further back more towards the gen 1 it would be better if they only spawn in the two spots in front of you. I have done this method solo and 3 players the problem when I did it with 3 players they couldn't grasp the theory of you shoot 1st then other 2nd and so forth since they were shooting at the same time as me or the other guy we just ran out of ammo.

I have camped at Gen 2 but with the doors open but it wasn't high rounds so I will have to test it out how the spawns goes.

I have seen your posts of using the drone a bit lately have you ever thought of trying the camp strategy by the buildable table by church and build the maxis drone there and spam the ice staff while always being able to access maxis drone?

boybad

Yeah you really need some teamwork if you want to camp to high rounds, here is what i have done in the past. Lightning staff and cherry cause issues in high rounds so avoid them at all cost but its hard to tell the 4th player not to use his staff.

40+ scene conserving ammo... While camping get lightning to go first and get wind to cover in case they get through, so lightning needs to shoot a charged shot and then just blast the rest of the clip like a normal gun, when he is dry wind will take over shooting charged 3bullet shots obviously, then when he is out fire takes his place somewhere after 40 fire will have to shoot 6bullet charged shots, ice is to go last as he can finish the whole round always shooting 3bullet charge, preferably when everyone else is out of ammo. When one player is shooting staffs get others to shoot SMG's or pistols and when you get Insta Kill to save ammo.

Try camping between gen1 and 2, locked in between those doors behind gen1 door, this is a lot faster.

The drone strategy needs a lot of skill and very hard to do in a team game, i dont think it can be done outside the crazy place but i can be wrong.

mister_z

I usually get a Max Ammo every 3rd to 5th round or so. I noticed that if I dont hit the box as much.,I get more drops.

Heres how I discovered this. While playing Buried for the first time, I notice that the map was being very generous with the drops. I asked my friend if he noticed it too. Is it the map or our M.O. Playing MOTD I couldn't get drop to save my life.

Buried is the only map that I hardly hit the box. So my advise is simple. Find a wall weapon and get fimilar with it.

Also I noticed that spraying into large crowd of Zs can really produce some drops. Mainly alotta instakills. I'm not sure if theres any kind of formula or whatever but that usually how it play out for me.

FatalHeadshot

From what I remember reading on CODZ there is 3 drops per round limit no matter what round it is. You can get more than 3 drops in a round but they have to come from another source(killing panzer,digging w/ shovel,shed on nuketown, bank in buried, ect.) because after 3 drops in one round the zombies wont drop powerups anymore. You are 100% correct about avoiding the box to avoid firesales giving you a higher chance of a max since the firesale wont be an  option for a drop. Also drops are random so saving x-drop for later is pointless.

ydajdimstr

I didn't bother reading the comments, so if I'm repeating someone then I am sorry... Three rumors are incorrect; drops do not recycle, there is no limit on drops per round as some believe only 4 drops are possible? No, all drops available, and firesales do not lessen your ammos directly...

You will get every drop, every round, no matter what... Sometimes the game glitches and drops two of one drop and none of another, but you always get X amount of drops every round... Always, unless a certain weapon prevents drops, i.e. waffle iron from der riese... So what I meant by, directly, with the firesales was meaning that with one more drop in the mix there is a slightly higher chance that you will get two of one drop and none of another, which is why in high round games we NEVER move the box... Firesales are bad lol... If you're trying to get the most max ammos possible, then do not ever get bombs, as bombs will most likely spawn the max ammo out of sight, THIS is why you'll never see me get bombs in my streams unless i have all Zs in one group, unless its early rounds lol because who gives a **** about ammo when they die so easily... Hope this helps...

BadMrFrostyM604

I agree with u 100%. Everyone should know this just from the play through of round 1. Sometimes u get a nuke when u knife the first zombie, or get a X2 from the last zombie, or max ammo every round till round 10.

Davelo07

That's interesting. When I was reading this thread, I was sure that I have seen more than 4 drops in a round and pretty sure that I've seen 6 in a round on Origins. So are you saying that it is dependent upon the number of different types of drop available on the map?

So on MOTD there would be 6 drops per round - Max ammo, Insta Kill, Nuke, Double Points, Carpenter and Fire sale. But on Origins there would be 7 per round because zombie blood is available?

In regards to not getting nukes, even if you gather a train first, in later rounds they spawn in quickly and some will die as they spawn in behind barriers. Wouldn't that be another variant on how many drops per round? If you hold out a spawn room and kill zombies behind windows, you could go a whole round without getting any drops. Wouldn't that mean that any zombies killed behind barriers might lessen the amount of drops in that particular round?

ydajdimstr

A bomb will only kill the amount of Zs already spawned in, behind a window or not... If you have every Z on the map behind you, and grab a bomb, it will only kill Zs behind you... I promise... And as far as the perks dropping, yes, if 7 drops are available you will get 7 drops that round... You will especially notice this well into the 50s and beyond, as all drops will come at the beginning of the round...

Also, you are correct about no perks dropping if all Zs are killed out of barriers, but if you let the last Z of each round in you will almost always get a drop... That's how we do our speed runs on TZit when we need ammo in our secondaries... However, in normal gameplay, with trains, you will always get all your drops...

DARK1970

unless u get them from another source z's give u 4 drops a round period. just did 80 on origins & had 4 drops every round from z's. did 92 on die rise & guess what? 4 drops a round every round. 70 motd same thing. 7 drops a round? what game u playing?

FatalHeadshot

I agree with you that there is a limit I was under the impression it was 3 but it could be 4 after 60 the rounds last forever and I dont pay much attention unless its insta kill or max at that point. Ydajdimstr you must have been digging up powerups or going through the rounds early and thought you got more than 3/4 drops as it is the limit because as i stated in my earlier post you can get more than 3-4 but they must be obtained in other ways then zombies dropping powerups. Hopefully this clears that up and we can move onto debunking crap like "Throwing gernades in the lava give more powerups" or "Jumping during a teddy bear makes the box spawn closer" and last but not least my favorite "Richtofen building the shield makes it stronger". I cringe when I hear randoms say these things and try to get the team to follow along.

ydajdimstr

92 on DRise and you only got 4 drops a round? Huh? There's only 4 drops possible on that map, you think after 92 rounds you would've realized that... MoTD? I don't play that piece of trash, but there are only 4 drops possible on that map, too... Origins? Move the box, you'll get all 5... Go bark up someone else's tree with your nonsense...

I used 7 as an example, read what I wrote, IF 7 drops are available, you will get all 7...

You think there is a limit of 4, because there is, but ONLY when there are only 4 possible variants of perk drops...

Davelo07

I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying but maybe my numbers were off, I wasn't sure about carpenters on MOTD and Origins. But even if there are no carpenters, surely there are 5 drops on MOTD including fire sale and 6 on Origins if you move the box because of zombie blood?

Also, you are correct about no perks dropping if all Zs are killed out of barriers, but if you let the last Z of each round in you will almost always get a drop... That's how we do our speed runs on TZit when we need ammo in our secondaries... However, in normal gameplay, with trains, you will always get all your drops...

That's what I was wondering. If you let 4 zombies in per round do you think you would get 4 drops?  Surely not every time. I've always believed you get all your drops every round, but what if every zombie killed behind a barrier is potentially a drop lost. If a round has 100 zombies and you kill 10 zombies behind barriers, chances are you will still get your drops. But what if on one occassion, 3 of the drops for that round were in those 10 zombies? Would they be lost? I know 9 times out of 10 it's not gonna matter when you're running trains, but I'd still like to know if it's a variable or not. May have to try this one out.

ydajdimstr

I can't even begin to speculate on the exact variables for drops... The only legitimate information that I've seen to date was data pulled from BO1-Kino, wherein the drops were triggered when a point requirement had been met each round. Not your score, but rather a number system based on different variables of Zs deaths, Zs dying in quick succession, location, and weapons used. This point system also had a high chance of being reset with teammate downs or deaths...

I can't claim that I know it fully, but it was explained in detail to me by the author at one point, and I have no reason to doubt him about his information...

Evidence of this number system shows itself in BO2 as well, if you've ever shot two Zs with one bullet and had both Zs drop the same drop...

FatalHeadshot

So since this thread has been bumped can you or anyone else who says more than 4 drops are possible in a round(being dropped from only zombies) provide a video of it happening? I still have yet to see anyone who claims this provide any proof. I will watch a clip if you or anyone else can upload it happening.

DARK1970

actually there are 5 drops on die rise. max insta kill nuke 2x & carpenter. also 5 on motd if u move the box. yes there are 7 possible drops on origins but u will still only see 4 a round from z's

GulfCoastGirl

DARK1970 wrote:

actually there are 5 drops on die rise. max insta kill nuke 2x & carpenter. also 5 on motd if u move the box. yes there are 7 possible drops on origins but u will still only see 4 a round from z's

Agreed.  I have never seen more than 4 drops...in a round.  I make a point of counting them and keeping track when we start getting up there in rounds.   I don't count digging them up as a drop either... as far as a drop from a zombie, there are 4 per round and never more.

I'm certainly not as expert as some at this game but I've played enough to have noticed if there were ever more than 4 (again, from zombie drop) in a round.  

I'd certainly be interested in seeing an unedited video of an entire round where more than 4 are dropped from zombies....

FatalHeadshot

I think dude figured he was talking out his ass and decided not to post anymore on this topic. He should at least say hey guys I shouldn't of posted without knowing wtf I was talking about making myself look like a douche in the process but hey its the internet. Anyway thanks for letting me know it was 4 instead of 3 per round.

Davelo07

Every single one of us who has commented on this thread and a similiar one a couple of months back have posted incorrect information on this subject, including myself, and yourself. I don't agree that you will get more than 4 drops every round, but I am sure that I've had more than 4 on occassion on certain maps. Until I can provide a video proving this, I will have to accept that people will question it. However, while trying to get some footage yesterday, I had only one power up drop on round 26 and did not pick up any nukes. So there goes the theory that you get 4 per round, every round. Surely it doesn't matter who's right or wrong, we should be sharing information on this thread to try and find a pattern. I will upload my video of 1 drop in a round, and am working on 5 drops. The pattern isn't as straight forward as people think.

boybad

we should be sharing information on this thread to try and find a pattern.

Yeah this, the formula seem to be acting at random, but is it? it is more then likely to be reset in every round so when a new round starts there is no reference to previous actions such as how many ammoes or nukes you had in the previous round or rounds, this seem to make sense in relation of extra drops we get in some other way (digs,tank,etc) they do not play any part to further outcome, we always get 4 the next round regardless of how many we got in the past round.

Do we have a pattern and about it... maybe just maybe if the data is recorded and we collected 20nukes, 20 double point, 20 instakills but only 2max ammoes then the game should force max ammo drop to add up for the rest of the pick ups, this doesn't look like the case. This got me to thinking about... we may have to take all the drops to make it even, one of each in every round. I really dont know about this.

Thank you all for your input, appreciate it, so far we can only help the manipulation of max ammo in these few ways...

Avoid firesafe in the mix and dont take nukes until we see max ammo drop. Any other hints?

All suggestions welcome, thank you all.

GulfCoastGirl

ydajdimstr wrote:

92 on DRise and you only got 4 drops a round? Huh? There's only 4 drops possible on that map, you think after 92 rounds you would've realized that...

Given you posted that at 3:22am, I'm guessing you were either hitting the wine box or just really tired .  Die Rise drops= Max Ammo, 2X, Carpenter, Nuke, Insta Kill ..... for a total of 5 possible... yet there are never more than 4 in a round dropped

boybad

bump

morv151190

Apart from using the big guy on Buried there are no ways to manipulate the drops to get Max ammo on every round.

On Origins other than the reward box leaving the hoard (Panzers) until late as possible is one way of getting a guaranteed max ammo, I'm sure you already know the other well known ways of getting a max ammo on this map.

On Origins there is a pattern with max ammo drops making them more predictable but it changes with each game and double max ammo rounds can change it for a few rounds. For example one pattern could be that you get a max ammo 3 round in a row and then have a no ammo round, then the next 3 rounds should have ammo drops and so on. If double ammo drops you will not get ammo on the next round unless you had a no ammo round just before it. This pattern only works when the box has not moved from it's original spot. It is not just origins that this works for, another place I have noticed a pattern is on Tranzit while running outside Farm with the gate closed.

boybad

May i suggest you read the thread before posting.

morv151190

i'm not going to go down the whole thread reading every individual comment. I was very tired when I read the original post so yeah I realize I must have skipped through it and missed parts you mentioned. My comment was a reply to your post on Feb 6th which is underlined below.

we should be sharing information on this thread to try and find a pattern.

Yeah this, the formula seem to be acting at random, but is it? it is more then likely to be reset in every round so when a new round starts there is no reference to previous actions such as how many ammoes or nukes you had in the previous round or rounds, this seem to make sense in relation of extra drops we get in some other way (digs,tank,etc) they do not play any part to further outcome, we always get 4 the next round regardless of how many we got in the past round.

Do we have a pattern and about it... maybe just maybe if the data is recorded and we collected 20nukes, 20 double point, 20 instakills but only 2max ammoes then the game should force max ammo drop to add up for the rest of the pick ups, this doesn't look like the case. This got me to thinking about... we may have to take all the drops to make it even, one of each in every round. I really dont know about this.

boybad

With all do respect.

There is 4 drops in every round and 5 drops in the mix or more, the "pattern" we are talking about is shared for the whole game amongst the drops and it stands the same if same lobby is present after game ends.

That is the grip of this thread.

I can pick wrongs in your post but i am going to leave that to you after you have a chance to read the thread.